MAIN FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

So after having switched cards and reading DraftKing’s very confusing withdrawal policy a couple times as to avoid any type of errors on my part, I did my first withdrawal and in the e-mail, I see that the funds went to a card with a bank I had closed an account on a couple months ago… I immediately e-mailed the DK people and tell them my card is dead and I no longer have an account with the bank and they send me the merchant transaction number and other info, and tell me to call the bank; I call the bank and they tell me they haven’t received any charge, and even if they did, because my account is.closed, they’d reject it automatically so contact DK… I inform DraftKings of this and instead of contacting the bank… They tell me it will be several weeks before they get notice a charge has been rejected… I need that money now…. The policy is so confusing that when it said original depositing source, I thought it meant the card I put the funds in with… There’s no way I.coulda known they meant the first card I ever used and subsequently deleted from my account.. Now instead of helping me, they’re just leaving me assed out… I have the emails saved too Why am I being neglected like this… DK seems real shady… No telephone #… Several weeks to solve simple problems… A very confusing withdrawal policy.. Do they want stuff like this to happen?? I dunno if I want to deal with them anymore after this.foolishness.. Anybody got advice on how to recover my funds the quickest way??? Helpppp!!!

• lagee

A simple google search revealed the number is, 508-690-0014. As far as getting your money, I doubt it will take several weeks but you have to realize they can’t do anything to speed up the process and they damn sure won’t contact your bank for you (imagine how many people have the same type of issue as you do). The transactions have to go through (and be rejected in your case) just like they would for anybody else. Sorry you’re having to go through this!

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

I called the number before and got nothing but a referral to go to the website… Why dont u think it’ll take several weeks… You’re familiar with situations like these

• ThatGuy31

Not to be a dick but DK withdrawal policy is pretty straight forward and highlighted right on withdrawal screen….

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING WITHDRAWALS
    There are a few things you need to know about how your withdrawal requests are processed. First, we credit back the payment methods used when depositing. Then we deliver any remaining funds to you via the selected payment method below. For examples and more information please review the “Withdrawal Information” section to the right of the page before contacting Customer Support.

Directly to the right of this notice:

What if I no longer have access to that card?
    In the event you no longer have access to a card you have used to make a deposit with, please contact us prior to requesting your withdrawal.

Also nothing “shady” about having to wait a couple weeks for the charge back. Sucks for sure but not like DK can take your word as a good citizen and front u the money. Hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later for ya but looks like it’s just a waiting game.

Realistically DK payments usually come through within 24-48hrs, I’m guessing you’ll probably only be looking at 5 days or so before it’s resolved… However that’s just speculation on the times I’m familiar with.

• VinnyTheBeard

You’ll get the money. Should have given DK a heads up to avoid this though.

• einars

@LeRoiStephon said...

The policy is so confusing that when it said original depositing source, I thought it meant the card I put the funds in with… There’s no way I.coulda known they meant the first card I ever used and subsequently deleted from my account..

you mean no way to know that “original depositing source” meant the original source that you used to deposit? :D just messing. but seriously they have this completely spelled out on what to do if you deposited with a canceled card…..this is really really not on DK.

that being said, they are usually very quick with withdrawals. at this point they are stuck until the rejection from the bank makes its way back to them (dunno how long that’ll take). once that happens i am sure they will process the transaction quickly and itll just take a couple days from there.

it would prolly be worth send a respectful friendly follow up email every 3-4 days or so asking for a status update just to make sure it doesnt get delayed more than it needs to

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Here’s the deal… I deposited with a valid card but by accident, the wrong amount went in the app.. I immediately tried to withdraw the funds 2 secs later… By original depositing source I was sure they meant the card I just used 3 secs earlier…. That’s not clear wording…. I deposited using a source and was expecting the funds to go that source… But instead they go to a card I removed from my account and haven’t used for months…. And that’s my fault??? How could I possibly figure they meant the first card U EVER used??? Why not have the form be more straightforward..

• einars

@LeRoiStephon said...

Here’s the deal… I deposited with a valid card but by accident, the wrong amount went in the app.. I immediately tried to withdraw the funds 2 secs later… By original depositing source I was sure they meant the card I just used 3 secs earlier…. That’s not clear wording…. I deposited using a source and was expecting the funds to go that source… But instead they go to a card I removed from my account and haven’t used for months…. And that’s my fault??? How could I possibly figure they meant the first card U EVER used??? Why not have the form be more straightforward..

in that scenario ( i know its too late for you but if anyone else has this happen) where you mistakenly add a 0 or something to your deposit amount i would think you could email DK and they might be able to do a rush withdrawal/reject the transaction type thing to that specific card since it was an error. i have no basis for this but seems like they might work with you on that if possible (as opposed to a normal withdrawal)

• tprokopenko

This thread is gold.

“I messed up my withdrawal, and I didn’t read the instructions. DK screwed me!”

• DCoop328

On a different note I one time accidentally entered a 100$ H2H meaning to click a 1$ H2H and they would not let me back out even seconds after I did it. Understandable though.

• colinwdrew

RG Overall Ranking

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Champion

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I experienced DraftKings withdrawal problems during my wedding weekend. Luckily I was able to build lineups the morning after.

• deactivated79425

pay the brother

• ihaveareputation

• x2

2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@DCoop328 said...

On a different note I one time accidentally entered a 100$ H2H meaning to click a 1$ H2H and they would not let me back out even seconds after I did it. Understandable though.

I had a similar thing happen once – tried to add a lineup to a $9 GPP, but a $1065 entry got clicked when the stupid mobile app decided to jump around randomly (I really hate that about the iOS app… On iPhone 5 at least, it’s very common). Of course, this was within 5 minutes of lineup lock, so I couldn’t withdraw it. But, a simple email to support@draftkings.com right afterwards, and they removed my entry for me.

Good luck to OP, I hope they can straighten it out for you quickly.

• pmnsports

it’ll typically take between 3-5 business days for a rejection notification sent from a bank to get back to the originating depositor, in this case DK since they were putting money back into your account. There is no way to speed up that process. It’s just the way the banking system and institutions work because they also have regulations to follow.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

It’s all good now.. The issue is resolved thanked God..

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

So this actually turns out to be another example of good customer service by DraftKings despite your worries (which in my opinion are completely normal).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).