INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• every time i try to click on the “lineups” tab on draftkings after entering 150 lineups, the page is so laggy/buggy/slow to load that it is impossible for me to edit lineups or swap out players. i just spent 10 minutes trying to edit tim hardaway jr out of my lineups, in multiple browsers, until lineups locked leaving me drawing dead with those lineups.

has anyone experienced this and have any solutions? i don’t really see any other option but to quit this ridiculous site.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

You can do a csv edit or you can filter out all the lineups on the lineups page and then do a global player swap. If your not able to filter the lineups before it starts to freeze there is few different links you can use, I can’t remember them but they are in the draftkings thread I believe

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Bookmark https://www.draftkings.com/entry/upload for CSV use

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

Many of the more active players on RotoGrinders have chimed into various threads to share their dissatisfaction with the DK My Lineups page. Poor performance and latency issues can exist when a user has numerous lineups are upcoming, live, or were recently played and remain in the history. We have acknowledged this issue, and expressed that our developers allocated resources to work on a long term solution to improve the user experience.

In the meantime our developers have implemented a temporary solution that improves the My Lineups page performance for our power users just in time for the big NFL season kickoff! We believe this will positively improve your experience with the My Lineups page in most but not all cases.

Background:
    The DraftKings My Lineups page may have latency issues because the page attempts to load all of a user’s lineups including upcoming, live, and complete, without filtering to the lineup’s specific status

Our Temporary Solution: Use a unique URL to filter to the specific status of your lineups

a. Load Upcoming Lineups ONLY: https://www.draftkings.com/lineup?status=upcoming
    b. Load Live Lineups ONLY: https://www.draftkings.com/lineup?status=live
    c. Load Completed Lineups ONLY: https://www.draftkings.com/lineup?status=complete

Limitations:
    1. Lineups that do not have an associated entry are considered “New” and will not be visible with any of these filters applied.
    2. If you do not have lineups in the status that is being filtered then the page will appear empty.

If you are an active player with many lineups in use then we ask that you try out our new filtering via unique URL solution, and please share your feedback with us here. As a reminder this is a temporary solution. A permanent solution will take more time to implement. You can rest assured that we are aware of the issue, and working hard on a solution that will improve the user experience in the future.

An alternate plan is to use CSV uploads as recommended above by theIrrigator and britdevine, many of our most active users prefer to use CSV uploads because it allows them the flexibility of using a spreadsheet to define their lineups, and then upload when ready.

- DraftKings Community Team

• ron214

Bottom line DK needs to upgrade their Servers or get better equipment. They just aren’t capable to handle large requests. EVERY Sunday DK literally slows my computer to a crawl until after the games are over. I tried to tell them because several people had the same issues but the DK rep got very defensive and tried to blame my computer, then my browser. The site works fine every day except Sundays between 12:00-7:00.

• hendog

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@DraftKings_CM: can you add another filter that is always empty like https://www.draftkings.com/lineup?status=none? I use CSVs but the lineup page is still the only way to access the swap players functionality. And sometimes I have too many lineups upcoming, live, and complete to access it at all. being able to load an empty lineups page would be a big help. Also it would help if after swapping it didn’t redirect back to the full lineup page.

But as for feedback, it was a clever minimal-effort solution. It turned the lineup page into usable for 0% of its functionality, to maybe 20% for my personal use case. I can access the player swap at the beginning of the week (when live is mostly empty for me) and I can use the full functionality of the lineup page only really for MNF showdown or editing live primetime lineups (when live and upcoming are both otherwise empty). For inter-day editing on sunday it remains impossible to use when both live and upcoming are too full to open. I imagine for some people it is more of a complete solution though.

It’s still not a fully robust solution but another low-effort patch, pending a complete redesign, might be implementing pagination on the lineups page.

ron214, depending on part of the site you are using the issue is probably not DK’s servers. Modern websites do a lot of processing on the client machine. The problems with the lineup page certainly fall into this category, it has nothing to do with DK’s servers. In fact this is part of the problem. It is not that your computer is too slow but that DK’s site is asking your computer to do more than it reasonably should have to. Even on top-of-the line computers the lineup page is impossible to load. So the problem is not the fault of DK’s servers or your own machine, but rather DK’s overall design.

• sprom

• 2012 DraftStreet DSBC Finalist

Say I reserve 20 lineups for DK hoops. When I upload my lineups in, is there a better way to get them into my reserved contests? I have been exporting each individual lineup into a reserved contest.

• nvalencia30

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

This should help @sprom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leUjzx-14bk

• mark_james1985

I un-check mark the boxes at the top left so that I am only dealing with only the sports I have upcoming and the upcoming box, the rest I un-check mark and it works alot better. I do it as soon as I get on that page.

• DraftKings_CM

Bottom line DK needs to upgrade their Servers or get better equipment. They just aren’t capable to handle large requests. EVERYSunday DK literally slows my computer to a crawl until after the games are over. I tried to tell them because several people had the same issues but the DK rep got very defensive and tried to blame my computer, then my browser. The site works fine every day except Sundays between 12:00-7:00.

The issue we are discussing in this thread does not match your experience, we are not seeing reports from MME users with the same description. We understand that you have already done this, yet we request that you contact Support once again with an open mind. Please work with our team to help determine the cause of your issue.

PS: The multi entry latency issue described within this thread is predicted to be solved via data engineering, hardware is not believed to be the cause of the issue. The issue we are describing in this thread is a side effect of displaying mass entries on the page, not time of day or sunday specific.

@DraftKings_CM: can you add another filter that is always empty like https://www.draftkings.com/lineup?status=none? I use CSVs but the lineup page is still the only way to access the swap players functionality. And sometimes I have too many lineups upcoming, live, and complete to access it at all. being able to load an empty lineups page would be a big help. Also it would help if after swapping it didn’t redirect back to the full lineup page.
    It’s an interesting idea Hendog, we passed it along to our developers.

Question: If we understand correctly, you are requesting a view that doesn’t show all of the lineups because there are too many which restricts the functionality to perform lineup swaps on the page. It is our understanding that the button to upload CSVs is sticky at the top of the page, and it should not be affected by the number of lineups that you have loaded on this page. Can you please test, and then share your experience in this thread?

It was a clever minimal-effort solution. It turned the lineup page into usable for 0% of its functionality, to maybe 20% for my personal use case.

Thanks, good feedback. We are aware it is not “the solution”, it is only a temporary workaround while a permanent solution is under development.

Say I reserve 20 lineups for DK hoops. When I upload my lineups in, is there a better way to get them into my reserved contests? I have been exporting each individual lineup into a reserved contest.

We suggest the use of CSV uploads, as advised by @nvalencia in the post above. Using lineups edited on your desktop and then uploaded via CSV is the “power-user” solution that we advise whenever possible.

• hendog

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@DraftKings_CM said...

Question: If we understand correctly, you are requesting a view that doesn’t show all of the lineups because there are too many which restricts the functionality to perform lineup swaps on the page. It is our understanding that the button to upload CSVs is sticky at the top of the page, and it should not be affected by the number of lineups that you have loaded on this page. Can you please test, and then share your experience in this thread?

My original post wasn’t clear, it is not that I have a problem accessing the CSV functionality (for that I just hit its URL directly) but rather the global swap feature. I cannot access the swap until all the lineups are loaded. What I do now when I want to swap is I load whichever filter (upcoming, live, complete) I expect to load the fastest. An empty lineups page would be the best option though if the only point is to access the swap.

There may be better medium-effort solutions, for example putting the swap widget on another page, or paginating the lineups. But an empty lineups page is another possible short-term band-aid that I at least would find useful.

In any case to answer your question, I cannot click any of the sticky buttons at the top until all the lineups load. Which in some cases, is never. In other cases, it takes a while which can be frustrating as lock approaches, to say the least.

• DraftKings_CM

@hendog said...

In any case to answer your question, I cannot click any of the sticky buttons at the top until all the lineups load. Which in some cases, is never. In other cases, it takes a while which can be frustrating as lock approaches, to say the least.

Thanks, we have shared your response with the project manager who is overseeing the task at hand. He was the person who asked for additional clarity, we really appreciate your prompt response.

• inittobinkit

I’m glad this issue is being addressed, it’s been a big problem for a long time.

Unfortunately your URL solution doesn’t entirely work.

If I have a lineup entered into the same contest 20 times as is common practice when reserving contests the following happens.

1. Go to: https://www.draftkings.co.uk/lineup?status=upcoming
    2. Edit the lineup and then assign the new lineup to one of the contest and press close on this one lineup.
    3. This then reloads the page and despite the URL loads up lineups of all statuses therefore lagging out the entire page again.

• DraftKings_CM

@inittobinkit said...

2. Edit the lineup and then assign the new lineup to one of the contest and press close on this one lineup.
    3. This then reloads the page and despite the URL loads up lineups of all statuses therefore lagging out the entire page again.

Unfortunately we do not have the ability to keep the filter enabled at this time. Please use the same url once again, it’s not the most elegant of solutions but it does work as a temporary work around for players who are affected by this issue until it is solved programmatically.

• KindGuy

@inittobinkit said...

I’m glad this issue is being addressed, it’s been a big problem for a long time.

Unfortunately your URL solution doesn’t entirely work.

If I have a lineup entered into the same contest 20 times as is common practice when reserving contests the following happens.

Yep. It’s pretty much a useless solution if I’m being honest.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

I have noticed this also…..was so frustrated this weekend trying to edit lineups that I was ready to leave the site until it gets better. Even when I filtered to upcoming lineups the site would freeze for 10-15 seconds at a time. It’s ridiculous IMO.

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

@jlowery73 said...

I have noticed this also…..was so frustrated this weekend trying to edit lineups that I was ready to leave the site until it gets better. Even when I filtered to upcoming lineups the site would freeze for 10-15 seconds at a time. It’s ridiculous IMO.

My favorite part is when they blame the user for the awful website.

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

@DraftKings_CM said...

Unfortunately we do not have the ability to keep the filter enabled at this time. Please use the same url once again, it’s not the most elegant of solutions but it does work as a temporary work around for players who are affected by this issue until it is solved programmatically.

This obviously takes months? Maybe use the rake and pay a couple extra guys?

• DraftKings_CM

My favorite part is when they blame the user for the awful website.

We have acknowledged this issue, and expressed that our developers allocated resources to work on a long term solution to improve your experience. Why would we blame our users when we have acknowledged the issue exists?

This obviously takes months? Maybe use the rake and pay a couple guys extra?

We want to assure you that this is an issue we are taking very seriously, we intend to solve the problem the right way as soon as possible – but Rome wasn’t built in one day. We are allocating resources across our entire company towards a long-term solution.

• inittobinkit

@DraftKings_CM said...

are taking very seriously, we intend to solve the problem the right way as soon as possible – but Rome wasn’t built in one day. We are allocating re

Is there any update on this, still a huge issue and prevents you from playing multiple slates if you need to hand edit anything.

• diamondice

I certainly hope so. One day the page was so slow that I tried global swap and the page just froze up on me.

• mark_james1985

Once the Giannis news broke tonight the Global Swap turned into Impossible Swap…..had to go mobile and do each individually

• DraftKings_CM

@inittobinkit said...

Is there any update on this

The work is already underway, it is a major task that will take at least 2 or more months to complete. Until that time, we continue to recommend using either CSV uploads or the URL filters we provided earlier in this thread.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler