MAIN FORUM

Comments

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

The slate is up! Prices are up! Let’s get the discussion going!

• yisman

well, I had bets on TAV 1-0 2-0 2-1 as well as Tottenham/AV draw

all ruined late

I do have Kane on Yahoo but he was massive chalk so it doesn’t help

I’m still 110/185

amazing. I didn’t get a single goal or assist aside from this Tottenham match. Deulofeu, Gray, Fraser, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Digne, Holebas

• ironhammer

What happened to all the low buy in GPPs for soccer? I’m looking today and the buy in is $15… Am I missing something? It used to be $3-$5 buy in for similar top prizes.

Now it seems the player pool has shrunk but the buy ins have massively increased. Is it just me or does it feel like DraftKings are squeezing out all of the casual players, leaving mostly sharks to compete against each other? It doesn’t seem like a good long term strategy, and I’m sad to see that the number of people playing EPL is shrinking instead of growing.

I’m not paying $15 for a GPP, especially when the top prize is only $3,000, I’ll stick to NFL (and this is coming from a soccer loving brit who would much rather play EPL, but it’s just not worth it).

Sorry, rant over.

• richierich

@ironhammer said...

What happened to all the low buy in GPPs for soccer? I’m looking today and the buy in is $15… Am I missing something? It used to be $3-$5 buy in for similar top prizes.

Now it seems the player pool has shrunk but the buy ins have massively increased. Is it just me or does it feel like DraftKings are squeezing out all of the casual players, leaving mostly sharks to compete against each other? It doesn’t seem like a good long term strategy, and I’m sad to see that the number of people playing EPL is shrinking instead of growing.

I’m not paying $15 for a GPP, especially when the top prize is only $3,000, I’ll stick to NFL (and this is coming from a soccer loving brit who would much rather play EPL, but it’s just not worth it).

Sorry, rant over.

FanDuel has a 4 dollar GPP today with a 1K top prize.

• Guizzy

@richierich said...

FanDuel has a 4 dollar GPP today with a 1K top prize.

They pulled out of the UK.

• richierich

@Guizzy said...

They pulled out of the UK.

Ah, gotcha. That’s a shame.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@ironhammer said...

Sorry, rant over.

It’s mostly because it’s Sunday, very little attention is given to Sunday slates. But as a whole, for DFS SOC you’ll rarely find a massive payout anymore, no matter the buy in, so yesterday was a nice exception.

• dnely17

Nelson and Willock starting for Arsenal today.

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

Newcastle takes out their best player (of this match) early. They can’t wait to lose.

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

Pulisic out now…had Eriksen yesterday that cost me. Fun stuff.

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

Recap – Week 1

Let us know your thoughts in the comment section!

• hcassidy

Not sure where to post this but since Matt Birnbach handled soccer for DK, I just seen that he is no longer with DK.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@hcassidy said...

Not sure where to post this but since Matt Birnbach handled soccer for DK, I just seen that he is no longer with DK.

He was actually the VIP operations manager. BUT he was maybe the biggest soccer fan at DK and was always willing to listen to comments/criticism when it came to DK’s soccer product. I sent him A LOT of complaints over the years and disagreed with him often but it was nice having someone always willing to listen. He wanted what was best for DFS soccer even though we didn’t agree on the path to get there. I do not expect this to change anything in regards to DFS soccer but it’s a tough loss for DK and to a lesser extent, the DFS soccer community.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler