SOC FORUM

Comments

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

No power for the past couple days in my corner of Canada. Sry for no links like usual.

• gvn2fly1421

Man City and then…. I am not sure who will score a goal on Saturday outside of City, much less win their game.

If City was off this slate it would make for a interesting one.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Think this might be the first EPL slate in a while I just sit out. I have some things going on Saturday and Man City has made EPL DFS not fun any time they are on the slate against a team outside the top 4 or 5 (especially with no Liverpool, Chelsea or Tottenham on the slate). Heck, Bournemouth is not terrible and 8th in the table and Man City is still over -900 favorites and expected to score at least 3-4 goals.

Yet if anyone can tell me who the best play from Man City is…… good luck. There are 4-5 guys you can play and any of them could end up with 20+ (or even 30+) or less than 10.

As a GPP player you can just fade them and hope they somehow only score 1-2 goals or it comes from center backs or central midfielders. But that is extremely unlikely. You can play just 1 of them and hope you have the guy who scores a brace or even hat trick while no one else does a ton. Or you can join the masses at 30, 40 or 50+% ownership and play 2-3 of them, then hope to find a couple random, cheap goals elsewhere (and hope you get lucky at goalie). None of those options sound that enjoyable to me.

• PhoFever

@sirrobert6 said...

No power for the past couple days in my corner of Canada. Sry for no links like usual.

Where are you Sirrobert? Just curious.

• PhoFever

@Stewburtx8 said...

Think this might be the first EPL slate in a while I just sit out. I have some things going on Saturday and Man City has made EPL DFS not fun any time they are on the slate against a team outside the top 4 or 5 (especially with no Liverpool, Chelsea or Tottenham on the slate). Heck, Bournemouth is not terrible and 8th in the table and Man City is still over -900 favorites and expected to score at least 3-4 goals.

Yet if anyone can tell me who the best play from Man City is…… good luck. There are 4-5 guys you can play and any of them could end up with 20+ (or even 30+) or less than 10.

As a GPP player you can just fade them and hope they somehow only score 1-2 goals or it comes from center backs or central midfielders. But that is extremely unlikely. You can play just 1 of them and hope you have the guy who scores a brace or even hat trick while no one else does a ton. Or you can join the masses at 30, 40 or 50+% ownership and play 2-3 of them, then hope to find a couple random, cheap goals elsewhere (and hope you get lucky at goalie). None of those options sound that enjoyable to me.

I get this sentiment; yet, can it be any worse than your average “showdown slate” that dominates the forums even when there are huge slates later that day? Just plug in your 6 from Man City and get to work on sifting through the rubbish bins for where that other goal or two might come from.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@Stewburtx8 said...

Think this might be the first EPL slate in a while I just sit out.

heard that man, this slate is a load of trash.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@PhoFever said...

Where are you Sirrobert? Just curious.

• TheAnswer

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Stewburtx8 said...

Yet if anyone can tell me who the best play from Man City is…… good luck

Yup, same line of thinking here. You’ll need some kind of MCY in your line, but who? It’s always a guessing game…

• PhoFever

@sirrobert6 said...

basically, frozen hell right now

Not to make light of your situation, but I’ve always wanted to visit that part of Canada; I bet it’s beautiful (when its warm and the power is on). Hang in there!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Stewburtx8 said...

Cannot agree more…. proud 100% owner of Aguero 2.5 fpts last week while Sterling and Sane feasted… also proud owner of Aguero 40+fpts back in September.
    Just a crapshoot

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@PhoFever said...

Not to make light of your situation, but I’ve always wanted to visit that part of Canada; I bet it’s beautiful (when its warm and the power is on). Hang in there!

nah totally get it, no worries lol
    It’s pretty awesome, I work nights at a hotel so sunlight is never high on my priority anyway. It’d just be nice if they plowed the roads once and awhile, and if our power grid wasn’t above ground hung on toothpicks, that’s help as well lolol.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

I feel rather obliged to play Bournemouth.
    However, I also feel obliged to literally run in any direction but at Callum Wilson for 6.9k. He’s scored a combined 2.5fpts this season from that salary.
    Josh King? Feeling some Josh King/Charlie Austin GPP cards.

• hcassidy

Pretty dead in here for a ‘craptastic slate’ I just got done working a 12 getting ready to go to bed so wont see lineups so played 1 card for a .25 with darts of darts and will wake up to see if I cashed or should of road the MCI train.

• dnely17

So no Aguero or Mahrez. I’m locking in Sane and Sterling and going from there.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@dnely17 said...

So no Aguero or Mahrez. I’m locking in Sane and Sterling and going from there.

don’t sleep on Jesus, he could come off and let Sterling play up front, but I highly doubt that. Mahrez is probably coming on for one of the three, my bet is Sterling, just because he’s so high owned LOL

• firemedicpat

@sirrobert6 said...

don’t sleep on Jesus, he could come off and let Sterling play up front, but I highly doubt that. Mahrez is probably coming on for one of the three, my bet is Sterling, just because he’s so high owned LOL

No Aguero on bench. Jesus sees 90? Tough to fade.

• TurkishDelight

I can’t find a viable way to jam in jesus sterling and sane on DK

• firemedicpat

@TurkishDelight said...

I can’t find a viable way to jam in jesus sterling and sane on DK

Dont bother. Make sure you have CP.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

HUDDERSFIELD, LET’S GO!!!!!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Played 5 lineups
    Across them I have Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Gundogan, Zinchenko and Danilo

Who scored?
    Lol

• JH822547

Had plenty of Bernardo, bit thin but I fancied the ownership leverage would work for me.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Newcastle, plz, plz.

• firemedicpat

Mounie red. Hudd is dead.

• firemedicpat

Man City game is awful.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Mike Oliver heard I was stacking Huddersfield today. What a call.

• JH822547

If you play Matt Richie you really, really want the other team to score first.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).