Wolves @ Newcastle United
    EPL Match Site

MONDAY

Watford @ Everton
    EPL Match Site

• Yeoman

@kwame724 said...

matt target is going nuts as a defender on fd he might get 40 at this rate

Naturally I moved away from him at the last minute and played Tim Ream instead…appropriate name for this slate, that.

• JH822547

Didn’t play this week, looking at the backheel REDCOAT and all the other big hitters are dominating.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Either Andone or Perez found a way in my lineups… wasted clean sheets, Torreira, Anderson…

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

so, couple takes about today so far.

I’m kinda getting annoyed at big sites making horrid takes based around scripts that require the WHOLE SLATE to do weird things, and that weird shit actually take place.

The big deal from the big sites was play Kepa. Both Grinders and Wire had him in their write up, and frankly, I still think he is easily the worst keeper of the slate (like, the ONLY reason was he is too cheap compared to his normal salary, though he wasn’t actually cheap, and City are going to shoot. Sorry, that’s in NO WAY the route to the only keeper everyone wrote up), but I do as I’m told usually and roster some Kepa. By rostering Kepa in GPP, unless you are a fool and hate winnings, chances are you didn’t take City with him. By not taking City, chances are you’re taking Utd. By taking Utd, you won today. At this point it doesn’t even matter WHAT Kepa does, unless City goes extremely crazy it keeps Utd as the best play of the slate.

We are in a situation coming into the final game where we can all basically predict City won’t do well in DFS because the “logical” DFS script of this slate has already been written; Utd were the picks, not City. The things that had and will have to happen for United to be the plays this slate, ranging from them scoring more than two goals (which they failed to do against way worse teams) to City not being the best plays of the slate, going up against a completely out of form Chelsea…..like, how did we even get here? Seriously? Furthermore, how did these sites land on City FINALLY not being the plays of the slate, because nothing about this slate suggested that.

I’m also looking at cash and how badly I’m getting throttled, which is totally fine. Except I see Targett basically 90% owned in h2h, Mayer everywhere, and Torriea hovering past 50%. THE FACT THESE THREE PLAYS WORKED OUT IS ALREADY BEYOND F__CKED. There were TWO set pieces takers ahead of Targett, and he still managed to cross the ball. Torriea was expected 0 corners with Xhaka back, yet everyone took him, and he somehow scored. Meyer isn’t even the main set pieces taker on Palace, he’s third, so how people fell on that is beyond me. I totally get why people wanted to take the first pair, but simply put, they shouldn’t have.

So, I’m basically looking at all these takes that are working out together, and I know deep down on my DFS insides they were wrong plays. This feels like the Salah slate awhile back where he scored off that Shaqiri free kick; deserved 0% ownership, was 50% owned, finished with 15fpts, and needed the entire 6 game slate to screw off so he could still raw points, and it happened…after all the sites said “play Salah” when it made zero sense.

I just don’t get it. The amount of things needed to happen for Kepa, City fade, Targett, Torriea, and Utd scoring a comparative million goals, ALL to work out together, there’s no way in my mind big sites can see that coming. They had to have been lucky today.

Someone can try to prove me wrong with me saying Torriea wasn’t a cash play with Xhaka on the field, or that Targett was the obvious defender behind Young even though Southampton are absolute garbage (still shut out/no ceiling), his salary jumped 1k over two games, and he had two set pieces ahead of him….but I’m sorry, chances are you are wrong. They weren’t sharp plays at all.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

If you liked Kepa at 4.whatever, how did people not have a boner all week from a Jesus below 8k?

And what happens, he doesn’t start, making everyone instantly correct in the most illogical, unpredictable way possible, and City decides to play the biggest game of the season with no natural CF on the field….let me guess, the sites just happened to see that coming as well…. (yes, I know they have played Sterling as a CF before, I get it, still doesn’t make it the logical soccer play in the biggest domestic game of the season so far).

The levels here are getting to me. The amount of illogical things to happen to make these 60% picks right is just beyond to me. DFS is so annoying, it was literally a slate (again) for people who have never played the game and don’t understand how unrealistic these things are to call.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

and for the record (sorry for the triple post)

I’ve got a GPP about to break 130, so I’m not even that upset.
    But like I said, deep down I’m sure these weren’t the right plays, even after taking them and succeeding.
    I shouldn’t say right or wrong, that’s putting things in the wrong light, because they were obviously right, otherwise it would have been the wrong play.

It’s good and bad. Those were bad decisions that are paying off in massive amounts today, and that pisses me off.

• blenderhd

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #59

RG Tiered Ranking

@sirrobert6 said...

I’m also looking at cash and how badly I’m getting throttled, which is totally fine. Except I see Targett basically 90% owned in h2h, Mayer everywhere, and Torriea hovering past 50%. THE FACT THESE THREE PLAYS WORKED OUT IS ALREADY BEYOND F__CKED. There were TWO set pieces takers ahead of Targett, and he still managed to cross the ball. Torriea was expected 0 corners with Xhaka back, yet everyone took him, and he somehow scored. Meyer isn’t even the main set pieces taker on Palace, he’s third, so how people fell on that is beyond me. I totally get why people wanted to take the first pair, but simply put, they shouldn’t have.

I’m sorry, but if you don’t understand how those players were absolutely viable in a cash construction, then you should probably quit playing cash games because you’re going to continued to get throttled most weeks.

Arsenal & Man United the two biggest favorites on the slate at home, probably targeting them as a priority. Chelsea & Man City players are still too high priced for the matchup between two good teams outside of GPP plays for a goal. Cash floor-based forward options were limited so you likely were paying up there with Auba/Laca, Rashford, Townsend or even Gross.

Ashley Young was a plug and play. Snodgrass close thereafter with West Ham at home and having both near set piece monopoly and open play value. Second defender slot easily Targett, with the high chance of at least a share of set pieces plus he’s a volume open play crosser anyways – the other options like Bellerin/Kola have upside but low floors, same for Dalot, then you head down to the Burnley FBs, Brighton FBs, etc. and there’s really no one appealing enough regardless of the savings that you wouldn’t rather take Targett.

Once you do that, the remaining spots leave you about 11k for two mids – if you go up to a 7k level like Xhaka, you’d have to play a 4k one, where Meyer’s open play value is probably the safest bet there. March at 5600 was an option if you wanted to play a 3rd defender for around 5k or so. Torreira was probably a bit overpriced, but provides additional access to the highest implied total team on the slate, can definitely understand that compared to taking a similarly priced player from a worse team in another game. You could probably say the same about Mata as well.

GK is a variance fest so not prioritized, but if possible, tend towards one at home, potentially facing a lot of shots, and you have no attackers against. Depending on what players and construction you chose, landing on Kepa was certainly an option. Even going all the way down to Rico or all the way up to Leno were too. It’s just a matter of which two Ms you were comfortable with that really determined what salary was left for GK.

No weird stuff happened this slate. Sure, Rashford likely shouldn’t have been awarded that first assist. Sure, Torreira is a less likely goal scorer. But these players are both a from the two heaviest favored teams at home that had dominant possession, won and scored 5 goals between them. Snodgrass and Young goals were a bonus, but you were still playing them for their high floor regardless. The Meyer assist was a bit of a bailout, but for 4100, even a few points is still fine and better options than other players in that range. Targett crossing a bunch ain’t unexpected.

Nothing much at all was completely bonkers, other than you being confused at cash lineups from the majority of the sharpest DFS players on DK who, independent of one another, somehow came up with similar optimal cash constructions that involved the same core pool of players with a 2v2 or 3v3 decision to make – which by the way, is the usual on nearly every DFS soccer slate.

• yisman

@yisman said...

switched from kane/jesus to sterling/sane

that was a total disaster

Jesus came off the bench and still outscored Sane

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Where does everyone keep getting this notion that Chelsea has been a great team? They’ve been nothing short of weak as of late, and that City is close to being one of the better teams in the world atm. How am I missing this? Suggesting ANYTHING else is a GPP script, not cash.

Also, you’re just ramming off notions that support the pick, not identify it as the right play. Suggesting players were too expensive but the goalie wasn’t is basically choosing an under on one of the better attacks in the world against a team that has been borderline bottom half for a solid month….and because they are at home they are such awesome plays? Outside of scripting I completely disagree.

I get that home teams have an advantage, but you guys basically sold the farm on the notion of home teams.

I had Gross, Redmond, and a mix of City forwards and D Silva (mostly Sane) as my cash (mix of Snodgrass, Camarasa, March (who was the biggest cash-lock play of the slate in my eyes, super underowned) Young, Kolasanic/Bellerin, Balubena with Fabz as my risk, and Ryan). Obviously some of them busted, but I can’t even see a situation where someone can argue Meyer is a better play than Redmond. It’s just not on to me, and I obviously see how it worked out, but the notion outside of “well, his salary is what I had left” scripting argument is the only one I can buy into. Meyer and Townsend combined for 17fpts and probably 50% ownership. How that ended up as success is a GPP script, not cash.
    Too many GPP scripts being called cash plays. Too many home teams being treated like the heavenly father of DFS options.

I know you’re really good at this, and probably better than me, that’s fine, I totally concede that point. But you guys can seriously blind pick the third set pieces takers on the team all season and call it whatever you want. Just because you have the results doesn’t make that the right play. I can get behind the salary scripting, but outside of that someone like Torriea/Meyer/Targett were plays people were taking for bad reasons that really worked out as if they were perfect reasons. I’ll hand it to Targett that he was probably still a decent play despite everything I mentioned, but Meyer was not, and people got straight lucky with Torriea, plain and simple.

Again, I guess that Torriea’s floor was acceptable enough, nothing that special as suggested, but there’s a lot of contradictions this week.
    People liked Kepa (decent goalie on a good team that are both playing badly) cheap but hated City (the best team in England, maybe world) cheap. All because he was home? Oh, well I guess City’s records for undefeated EPL away games that was just snapped by one of the coldest top half teams in the league, means absolutely nothing….
    People like Torriea’s floor (who took 0 crosses) but felt Camarasa (7 crosses), an actual set pieces taker, at 1k more was “laughably” (it may have been another word, but I remember it being made “a joke” of a play) overpriced, despite being in a better spot and against a worse team…AND THEN RECOMMEND RALLS…..like, no shame. Josh Murphy was the joke of the team, and I think he finished better than the three anyway.

Was he laughably overpirced when you guys built your cards and decided he wasn’t the best route? Barely laughable at that point. For whatever reason (obviously the right one) you guys decided on some things, but then slapped some labels and terms on them (comparable, again, to selling the farm) that were barely tangible and realistic, and then things occur completely outside the reasoning (like Torriea scoring, or Chelsea shutting out the world’s best offense after letting in two against one of the league’s worst offenses….YEA, HOME FIELD, FORGOT HOW MUCH OF A WORLDIE DIFFERENCE THAT IS, RIGHT????) that still make your reasons correct.

Like I said, I get your results are better than mine and probably for good reason, but this GPP change of face we’ve seen from Chelsea/Torriea and people calling it cash? Nah, sorry fam. Can’t dig it. You can have your profits, I’ll keep my sanity.

• TheAnswer

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

@blenderhd said...

Nothing much at all was completely bonkers

Completely agree with blender on this one pal. Torreira was the only one at a $6K price that didn’t make sense to me in cash play considering Xhaka was back. But everyone else that you mentioned was fair game especially Targett (as yes, he was the main set taker today)! I mean MCY was a full fade for me this slate in CASH 1) tougher matchup than usual, 2) playing away from home, 3) too expensive compared to other teams like ARS/MU who had higher goal totals, 4) oh, probably also had their minds on UCL midweek.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@TheAnswer said...

Completely agree with blender on this one pal.

that’s totally fine, I’m not even in THAT big of a disagreement on the base facts, just how it was presented. Literally I had three or four cash “issues” this slate, Torriea, Meyer/Townsend doing nothing but working because salary, Targett, and the City fade over Kepa. I think we are all starting to somewhat agree Torriea was somewhat lucky, no more than a decent play at best, but got really lucky. Targett I can get behind that he crosses the ball, OK, but he also saw a salary increase incomparable to any other defender (in truth deserves some increase but not THAT much), plays on a joke of a team that has literally no ceiling, OR, you could take someone like the Arsenal wing backs who are in an infinitely better spot, on an infinitely better team, with an infinitely better chance at winning, and same salary.

It seems like every decision people made this slate was in direct confrontation with a far better option, and not only did they sell the farm on the lesser options but got paid off like they were the only, resounding options.

• TheAnswer

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

Again, SOU faced Cardiff City of all opponents, that’s an open play match right there and again if you followed games where has has played before, he has taken all corners (without Prowse on the pitch). Like after Young, he was the only viable guy for cash unless you went down to a BUR DEF. For GPPs, yes the two ARS guys made more sense, they both have very low floors (hence, not good for cash) but their matchup was a plus (meaning GPP viable). Anywho, I had Redmond in my 2nd fwd slot yet still managed to cash so cash games were still profitable even if you had a cold guy at 0.50 DK pts haha (without Torreira/Meyer/Kepa). My GPPs on the other hand sucked today.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@TheAnswer said...

Again, SOU faced Cardiff City of all opponents, that’s an open play match right there and again if you followed games where has has played before, he has taken all corners (without Prowse on the pitch). Like after Young, he was the only viable guy for cash unless you went down to a BUR DEF.

Southampton has faced all sorts of worse and better opponents than Cardiff, the result is always the same. They are a #bad team, no matter of how open the game will be, and if you give me the option between a good player on a bad team in a spot they have no ceiling, and give me another option between slightly less of a player on a far better team, far better total/fav, and any kind of a ceiling, all for the same price…like, the +EV Arsenal very quickly outweighs the -EV Southampton.
    My general rule is I don’t play bad players on a bad team. While Targett isn’t a bad player, he isn’t a great one either, and he is on one of the worst teams.

Taking something like that to me is super short-term, results oriented thinking. And frankly, I expect more from people, especially based on their results and success. I’m not that smart of a guy, but still, the obviousness is resounding to me. Just call it what it was; there was a lot more luck involved with today than people are leading on.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

I only play GPPs lately…. just curious as to what the cash line today in single entry DK double ups.

I stopped playing cash because of the heavy overlap in plays where usually lineups only differ in 2-3 spots… I guess larger field single entries could create more variations

• blenderhd

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #59

RG Tiered Ranking

I think the issue you’re having a problem seeing is that you’re judging players for cash viability in a vacuum only and not in the context of an entire lineup construction. Once you prioritize and decide to play Rashford & Aubameyang in F slots, Young & Targett in D slots, and Snodgrass in an M slot, you’ve now limited your options in the remaining slots – GK, M, UTIL.

GK always comes last due to variance, so effectively you either have to go up and down (about 7k & 4k) at the other two slots or balanced (about 5500 each). That leaves viable options at around 7k of Townsend, Xhaka, Camarasa and between them, Xhaka as the primary set piece taker on the biggest home favorite would easily be the choice. Cardiff aren’t a good enough team, despite playing at home were a slight underdog, so taking Camarasa over him seems nutty. Townsend was about 10% overpriced for this away matchup, but has a proven floor regardless – I’d be more likely to use him in an F slot with the options being fairly thin rather than in an M slot, but wouldn’t call you crazy to do so over Xhaka there.

If you take one of the above, you’ve got about 4k in utility, give or take, depending on wiggling up/down a few hundred in salary between GKs. DraftKings scoring system tends to favor wide attacking players, so going for a cheap player that fits this bill in a decent enough matchup would probably provide the most secure floor. At the 4k level, there really isn’t much to choose from, you’re not taking Fulham or Huddersfield guys, and while Max Meyer isn’t the greatest play in the world in a vacuum, he’s got some open play value regardless if he doesn’t sniff a set piece at all. Bernardo, Taylor, Barnsley, and FBs there probably have a similar low-ish floor of 3-4 points, but Meyer likely has better upside. All things being equal floor-wise, I can understand rostering the player who has a better shot at a double digit score through a goal or assist.

Now if you chose the balanced construction for those two remaining slots, what cash-viable options are in the mid 5k range or so? I’d agree with you about March. Definitely viable. But who’s the second guy? There are no playable defenders up in that range. You’ve got a bunch of defensive/holding midfielders that don’t provide much floor. I think Nathan Redmond is a big stretch at 5700 (if you used his F eligibility to pay down at your second F slot, at least that isn’t totally crazy). The best options after that would be Arsenal or Man United options because their suspect floors may at least have better goal/assist equity. Juan Mata at 6500 and Lucas Torreira at 6000 are probably 10% overpriced in a vacuum, but if you’re not going to concede any of your already slotted in players, plugging one of these types in as the last guy in your lineup is simply the best of the “not so great” options in that range.

My cash lineup was Aubameyang, Townsend, Snodgrass, Xhaka, Young, Targett, Ryan, Bardsley. I considered Rashford, but didn’t ultimately trust floor production out of anyone on Man United outside of Young – but I understand the play. I could have gone with Max Meyer at UTIL and moved down from Ryan to Kepa, but I wasn’t thrilled about playing two Palace players together with them as away dogs. I considered March over Xhaka and using the salary to get all the way up to Leno at GK. I would have played March over Torreira if I was in that range, but I didn’t necessarily believe using the balanced approach for those remaining slots were optimal versus just paying up for Xhaka and finding a cheap punt in UTIL that could put up 4-5 points. Even with all of these decisions needed to be made, ultimately the core pool of cash viable plays was small, 95% similar to most of the sharper players in the lobby, and essentially coming down to 2v2 swaps and what GK you managed to land on. I’m pretty sure all of them went through quite a similar thought process to what I’ve described.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@blenderhd said...

I think the issue you’re having a problem seeing is that you’re judging players for cash viability in a vacuum only and not in the context of an entire lineup construction.

Agreed.

I would disagree on some of the picks, in particular forwards, and maybe that’s what lead us down such different scripting roads. Because I do understand what you are saying, we discussed this at length last time too, I just didn’t see guys like Townsend/Meyer/Targett’s circumstances/ as viable cash options, and the Palace guys didn’t finish like it either. There were lots of names I was close on, like Mata/Xhaka/Aubameyang (came off him after being burned last week), and I did use both Redmond and Gross as my forwards, attempting to spend up on City instead of Aubameyang. What happened was it took a season low game from Redmond and another bad Gross game in order for the Palace guys to pay off from that range. They didn’t succeed as plays (rightfully so), others failed, and that still doesn’t make them viable plays to me. So, without those two especially, which I saw in most of my h2h’s, lots of different things could have come about. I’m not/I wasn’t pleased at how prevalent it appeared to how little of a chord it struck with me.
    This was more about the amount of random things that had to happen for everyone to be right than you being wrong, apologies for when it got personal. There’s a few things I shouldn’t have said earlier, sorry.

• kwame724

@sirrobert6 said...

Agreed.

I would disagree on some of the picks, in particular forwards, and maybe that’s what lead us down such different scripting roads. Because I do understand what you are saying, we discussed this at length last time too, I just didn’t see guys like Townsend/Meyer/Targett’s circumstances/ as viable cash options, and the Palace guys didn’t finish like it either. There were lots of names I was close on, like Mata/Xhaka/Aubameyang (came off him after being burned last week), and I did use both Redmond and Gross as my forwards, attempting to spend up on City instead of Aubameyang. What happened was it took a season low game from Redmond and another bad Gross game in order for the Palace guys to pay off from that range. They didn’t succeed as plays (rightfully so), others failed, and that still doesn’t make them viable plays to me. So, without those two especially, which I saw in most of my h2h’s, lots of different things could have come about. I’m not/I wasn’t pleased at how prevalent it appeared to how little of a chord it struck with me.
    This was more about the amount of random things that had to happen for everyone to be right than you being wrong, apologies for when it got personal. There’s a few things I shouldn’t have said earlier, sorry.

Hahah I do believe you got personal but things happen. Its amazing how much dfs can deflect your mind from just making smart choices. Everyone assumed because of the porous defense and lack of stellar play that somehow fulham had a chance to steal, and people forget the have allowed the most goals in the league. Also what ade me like manchester a ittle more is lineup changes they made especially to the back. I was still suprised Mata had a good game, but knew lukaku would score for sure. Rashford was a pleasant surprise as well. I felt really confident about my arsenal call. I assumed a low score affair mainly because of how huddersfield play tightly against good teams away with no expectation to score. They have a better chance of getting tranced at home against a quality opponent, plus I am still not impressed with arsenal fragile midfield despite recent form. The forwards from the games that seemed wide open were definitely disappointing and what made this slate suck. If other forwards had scored on thiis slate would have brought much needed balance.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@kwame724 said...

Hahah I do believe you got personal but things happen.

Not my proudest moment, but trying to do a better job checking myself than wrecking myself. sorry everyone for the poor display in sportsmanship.
    I will still internet fight anyone who tries to tell me Kepa and Chelsea were cash scripts. Like, with teeth Suarez style.

edit: if Hambz told me to play nobody, I probably would.

• rgriffin37

Despite the ranting nature here, I enjoyed the detailed discussion on lineup construction in cash vs gpp. Definitely a good read.

Good news though, another slate awaits. Let this one go. Quick turnaround with UCL mid-week.

• kwame724

@rgriffin37 said...

Despite the ranting nature here, I enjoyed the detailed discussion on lineup construction in cash vs gpp. Definitely a good read.

Good news though, another slate awaits. Let this one go. Quick turnaround with UCL mid-week.

Yea this slate left me hurt for sure.. I am not going to lie, since I would say i am a decent soccer dfs player. On days when you just tank the bed it feels like you know nothing about the sport, and we all know that how well you do in dfs has nothing to do with knowledge of soccer. bring on Ucl this week, should be fun!

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Wanted to quote SirRobert’s post:

Blenderhd covered a lot of the things I agree with and I did mention some things to you on Twitter. Man City is ALWAYS a good GPP team. But in cash, you are essentially playing them for goals and assists as their set piece situation is often a guessing game (Mahrez often takes if he’s in, Gundogan too, sometimes Sane, sometimes D.Silva, sometimes Sterling). They also do not cross a lot in open play. So you are not really playing them for their floor. You are just playing them for their upside. When they are -900 favorites, you have to jam 1-2 of them at least in cash lineups (and usually GPP) and hope you picked the right ones or the other ones are not high owned.

BUT when they are only +110 favorites, on the road, and you have the situation above, PLUS they are the late game and you do not know their lineup when the slate locks, I think they were easy cash fades. Even if you think Chelsea is not great, they are still a top 4-5 side in the EPL (3rd best goal differential). They are not a team that City should put 4 or more goals on. Now if City won 3-1, it would not have surprised me. But I didn’t think Chelsea winning was out of the question either. A tighter game than we usually see from Man City had to be at least somewhat expected. Arsenal was -350 and Man United was -250 or so in their games with highest expected goals. So that is why most people gravitated to them in cash and GPP and not City.

Kepa was only popular because most people were not playing Man City, plus he was the cheapest goalie at home. He could concede 3 goals but make 6 saves and not hurt you with 6 points for $4200. Did I expect a clean sheet? No, of course not. But it could not be ruled out. Goalie is high variance. I remember when Joe Hart conceded 4 goals and was the highest scoring goalie on the slate. So I typically pay down unless my lineups just fit nicely with a higher priced guy.

I am not sure why you have an issue with Targett. What other defender (besides Young) was taking any set pieces and can cross the ball as much as Targett in open play? When JWP has not been in, Targett has taken most, if not all, corners. JWP was in against Tottenham (a tough matchup) so Targett only ended up with 4 crosses. But his previous start against Fulham, he had 10 open play crosses and 4 corners. 1 cross and 3 corners against Liverpool. So in a matchup against Cardiff with no JWP (much closer to Fulham than Liverpool), it was fair to think he could get at least 5+ crosses with double digits in play. 3 tackles and 5 interceptions were a little fortunate. But you play him for his floor of crosses in cash games.

I will admit I ended up not playing cash this slate (for one the cash lobby in DK is very sharp so their is not much edge) because I just did not like where my builds took me. I plugged Aubameyang, Rashford, Snodgrass, Young and Targett in. PEA and Rashford typically not great cash plays but they were on the biggest favorites, with good goal scoring odds, and the other forward options were not good. So that left me with $14.9k for GK, M, Util. So I then plugged Kepa in at $4200 as the cheapest goalie I liked (with the ability to move up or down later). That left me with $10.7k for Midfield and defender. I wanted Xhaka on the biggest favorite but now I have under $4k left. No one there I like. Max Meyer was the cheapest guy I would consider playing. He’s not great by any means but crosses a little and has some set piece duty. So now I got $6600 left. But who does that leave me? Juan Mata? Not fun, even on a big favorite. Lucas Torreira? Thought he was overpriced. March at $5600 puts me in another weird spot with my last guy. So I chose not to play as I did not love the lineup and expected a lot of 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 matchups. But I can see how people ended up on guys like Meyer, Torreira or even Mata; even though none of them seemed like great plays for their price. Sometimes those plays work out with a goal and/or assist.

BTW I stopped posting here a lot because other than you trying to keep these threads going, these forums have been dead. But I like these type of conversations. Even if we disagree, it makes you think about how other people are thinking about building lineups. It’s why I usually try to listen to Jordan’s (Blenderhd) podcast with Andrew and often checkout your articles, among a few others. Not a ton of soccer content out there. While we look at things differently a lot, you put a lot of effort into it and I still often find interesting tidbits that I may not have considered. So thank you for continuing to talk DFS soccer and trying to help it grow.

• scsa1998

1-0 Everton which is the last piece of my weekend Soccer Parlay. 9/1 so i’m sweating that instead of actually playing the 1 game slate.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@Stewburtx8 said...

So thank you for continuing to talk DFS soccer and trying to help it grow.

had a few days to reflect on my points and actions, while I’m sick to my stomach over how I acted, still feel very passionately that I wasn’t wrong on certain plays. My biggest regret is not only the negativity directed but using this platform, especially threads I create, in a way that was completely unethical and goes against every standard of professionalism. It really doesn’t matter what I think, there’s a time and place and this definitely wasn’t it. Again, sorry everyone, won’t happen again.

I also appreciate @Stewbert getting on my feed and hashing it out there as well. Drove home the reality that things carry over.

To answer your question, I think my biggest issue with Targett was there were tons of more options other than open crossing, and each of those plays lead to a certain, albeit completely unknown, but certainly incoming ceiling, and almost every other play was coming from an obscenely better team. What surprised me was that everyone so smoothly went from Chambers (assuming everyone was playing him as well, which was the obvious “Rakitskiy-esk” play of the slate) to Targett, because when I saw Targett his salary wasn’t viable when I could have Kolasinac in the biggest fav of the slate against the team who doesn’t score, AND for cheaper, especially when I considered people would still be owning Targett with recency bias from last week thinking he’d get set pieces again, though there were one to two others playing who took them before him….yeah, open crosses I guess, but it felt like a super square play at the time, chasing it if anything, for one of the biggest defender 1 week salary jumps of the season.

At the very least we get to see Harry Kane cry today, so that’s something we can all agree and celebrate together.

• kwame724

sirrobert are you going to do a video on ucl?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

New RotoGrinders Sports Betting Section!

Are you a DFS player who wants to get into sports betting? Head over to our sports betting resources area and get the full rundown on legal online sports betting in the US.

If you're lucky enough to reside in (or close to) states with legal online sports betting, like New Jersey, then check out our NJ online sportsbook bonuses page to see what free bets are available to you right now.

Also of interest to DFSers are our sportsbook reviews, so remember to check out our DraftKings Sportsbook review and our FanDuel Sportsbook review to see what the DFS giants are up to in the sports betting realm.

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.