STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• mallotc93

Lads, I have the Chelsea keeper in a lot of good lineups of mine. His points along with Willian will hopefully make today a very, very profitable day. Benefited from going all in on da Irish man Mc Clean. Anyway reason I say all this is because Courtais is in goal for Chelsea. I totally missed the change when I saw the starting 11 but thank my lucky stars I just saw his name be mentioned by the commentators. I am looking forward to all those poor souls who play Begovic

• Bigo1

Sorry (well not really)

• mallotc93

@Bigo1 said...

Sorry (well not really)

Actually Bigo1 the Chelsea game went well with Ivanovic and Willian having good days. I made 500% profit i’m delighted to say for once. I see the sharks had an off weekend.

• Bigo1

Was just joking, well done

• Craptor

lol chelsea.

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Won the early Sat pots thanks to the Bourne mouth goal. Closest Lad had Courtois and was on cruise control with a potential Clean sheet bonus before Murray smashed one in. Get in there son!

• wzander

Didn’t play the slate today, but what a garbage game by Newcastle. Neither team deserved the three points. Luck sack own goal and then the line judge clearly miss called Moreno’s goal offsides.

Feel cheated out of that even though the calls were in Liverpool’s favor the past two weeks a bit.

• DB20

Klopp definitely underestimated new castle. He put out a weak lineup and paid for it.

• wzander

@DB20 said...

Klopp definitely underestimated new castle. He put out a weak lineup and paid for it.

??

How was it a weak lineup? With the exception of Joe Allen for Henderson I didn’t see any glaring omissions. Coutinho was doubtful and Sturridge certainly isn’t ready for 90 minutes yet. Can was suspended. Firmino>Lallana all day.

• DB20

Firmino has had one good game in the league since his move from Germany and has been horribly inconsistent. Joe Allen as you said is shit. Ibe is only 19 and is also inconsistent. If you look at the lineup that played mid week against Southampton you can see a first choice lineup with the exception of Coutinho. He went with his first team mid week thinking this would be an easier game where he can rest players.

• Craptor

@DB20 said...

No.

• wzander

@DB20 said...

Firmino has had one good game in the league since his move from Germany and has been horribly inconsistent. Joe Allen as you said is shit. Ibe is only 19 and is also inconsistent. If you look at the lineup that played mid week against Southampton you can see a first choice lineup with the exception of Coutinho. He went with his first team mid week thinking this would be an easier game where he can rest players.

It seems like you are arguing the poor quality of Liverpool’s players rather than Klopp’s decision to field a certain squad. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that than as I think the current squad can be molded quite well.

I didn’t say Allen was shit, just that I preferred Henderson more. Henderson has a tendency to attack more than Allen who really played a holding midfield role today. Ibe can be inconsistent, but with his pace, I thought he was the most innovative player on the Liverpool side beside Moreno. I was half expecting Sturridge to link up with Ibe with ten minutes to go.

Newcastle on the other hand was garbage almost the entire game. I don’t know how many giveaways they had, either due to ineptness or Liverpool’s pressing. Sissoko was the brightest of the bunch as he served up several chances. Winjnaldum is a quality player, but the announcers were making it seem like he was the second coming. He luck sacked the first goal and should make that second goal ten out of ten tries. Cyne definitely missed his man on that, but I like Klopp opening things up a little bit to try and score even if it leads to more exposure.

I hope Klopp fields Benteke and Sturridge up top once the later returns to full fitness. They are foils of each other and their productivity would gain a boost when paired.

• Craptor

Saying newcastle was garbage the entire game is silly. Wijnaldum beat pools press pretty much single handedly and was extremely impressive.

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

EPL 11/07 – 16K Equalizer fills and DK gets about half of their rake
    EPL 11/14 – no contests
    EPL 11/21 – 12K Equalizer fills and DK gets their full rake
    EPL 11/28 – 10K Equalizer fills and DK gets roughly 80% of their full rake
    EPL 12/05 – 8K Equalizer fills and DK gets their full rake

So in raw dollars DK got the same amount of rake from a fully-raked 8K equalizer this past weekend as getting a half-rake from the 16K just one month ago. I don’t see why they needed to be decreased at all between 11/21 and 11/28 considering DK took their full rake on 11/21. I don’t see why any of these incremental decreases needed to be in the 20-25% of the prize pool range when they haven’t overlayed at all during those times. Why DK? Why?

Champs league last Tuesday was a 15K Equalizer where DK didn’t get any rake, but didn’t overlay a single dollar. Obviously I can understand them decreasing it after that, but by 33%? Why does it have to be so drastic DK?

I’m sure they have data about SOC users decreasing over the course of last season, as well as possible other factors, but there is such little risk for them in these SOC contests. It seems so excessive to say, we didn’t get our 2K in rake last week so we’ll just decrease the size of the contest by 5K, cutting into our own potential for rake.

Rant over…just saddening to see these prize pools dwindle so rapidly when it would benefit both players and DK to not do so.

• ajump08

I really hope DK finds a way to commingle future UK pools with US pools rather than keep them separate. This could be a huge bump for DFS soccer. I’ve heard rumors FD is adding soccer, but for their UK consumer only; which would be extremely disappointing. I’m with you old_T, their prize pool decisions have been questionable over the past month. Hopefully Boxing Day gets a bump in prize pool, should see extra play and we get the full 10-game slate.

• pep4464

This last Saturdays contest were so small…hard to want to wake up and grind as hard as needed on Saturday morning when the gpp prize pools are so small.

• mallotc93

If you picked Cabaye in his deeper role your an idiot

• wzander

@old_T said...

EPL 11/07 – 16K Equalizer fills and DK gets about half of their rake
    EPL 11/14 – no contests
    EPL 11/21 – 12K Equalizer fills and DK gets their full rake
    EPL 11/28 – 10K Equalizer fills and DK gets roughly 80% of their full rake
    EPL 12/05 – 8K Equalizer fills and DK gets their full rake

So in raw dollars DK got the same amount of rake from a fully-raked 8K equalizer this past weekend as getting a half-rake from the 16K just one month ago. I don’t see why they needed to be decreased at all between 11/21 and 11/28 considering DK took their full rake on 11/21. I don’t see why any of these incremental decreases needed to be in the 20-25% of the prize pool range when they haven’t overlayed at all during those times. Why DK? Why?

Champs league last Tuesday was a 15K Equalizer where DK didn’t get any rake, but didn’t overlay a single dollar. Obviously I can understand them decreasing it after that, but by 33%? Why does it have to be so drastic DK?

I’m sure they have data about SOC users decreasing over the course of last season, as well as possible other factors, but there is such little risk for them in these SOC contests. It seems so excessive to say, we didn’t get our 2K in rake last week so we’ll just decrease the size of the contest by 5K, cutting into our own potential for rake.

Rant over…just saddening to see these prize pools dwindle so rapidly when it would benefit both players and DK to not do so.

Wow. I had noticed they had been on the decline, but to go from 16k to 8k in a month is drastic.

• Craptor

@mallotc93 said...

If you picked Cabaye in his deeper role your an idiot

the reason for not picking cabaye is because he’s splitting corners with puncheon not because he’s in a deeper role (which he isn’t, btw).

• Craptor

Issue is 11 players make multi entering awful. Also have to construct less lineups to get the same combos of players than previously.

Just not worth the effort really.

• milanman21

@Craptor said...

Issue is 11 players make multi entering awful. Also have to construct less lineups to get the same combos of players than previously.

Just not worth the effort really.

With 8 I was playing multiple lineups. Now I just play one lineup and play that across multiple contests. Don’t have the time to do all this differentiating and hedging. Either my gut is correct or it’s not.

• milanman21

Sweating out a league with Craptor and Old T. LOL. I have no Palace players.

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Cabaye always plays in a holding role…if anything he would’ve been expected to be more advanced today. He and Puncheon have been splitting corners the entire season; this was no reason to fade Cabaye either, who also has pretty good road splits btw.

• pew_pew_pew

RG Overall Ranking

11 players makes it harder to make lineups, and lineups have more overlap as well with the new scoring. Also seems like there is much less players playing other then the same regs week in and week out. The changes as a whole have hurt the pool of players and ability to fill big contests, to what degree I’m not sure but its fairly apparent imo. People are just not willing to put in the effort.

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

huge rosters and prizepools tanking has meant I’m no longer willing to get up at 7 am to play. They’ve also started decreasing UCL gpp sizes.

• pep4464

Would love to hear from dk about the state of the soccer product….we don’t even make Epl threads on here anymore. That’s how bad it has gotten….there use to be alot of soccer discussion on the message board.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).