• lfn1992

When: Nov. 26-29

Where: Malelane, South Africa (GMT+2)

Course: Leopard Creek CC

Last Year’s Winner: Pablo Larrazábal at -8

Last Year’s Cut: +3

Coverage: Golf Channel

• lfn1992

Welcome to Alfred Dunhill Championship week! I will set up a larger than usual Happy Meal and maybe also put in some h2h in the Lobby. This does not count for the Happy Meal cup.

Thinking we can get 50 entries? I’d prefer 100 but not sure if we can get there.

• lfn1992

$15 Flop Shot with a very nice prize pool and I have a leftover free $15 ticket I won

• MrBreeze

Well, you are going to try your damndest to hook us this week for some YAY GOLF aren’t you?

• lfn1992

• ifthethunder

@lfn1992 said...

Welcome to Alfred Dunhill Championship week! I will set up a larger than usual Happy Meal and maybe also put in some h2h in the Lobby. This does not count for the Happy Meal cup.

Thinking we can get 50 entries? I’d prefer 100 but not sure if we can get there.

I’ll enter no matter what, but I’m not sure we have the crowd size for a big Euro.
    ~

• hbomb57

I agree on the crowd size being too large in 50 people I even think 20 to 25 will be pushing it.

• timusbr

I have no sense of how many people will fill a euro happy meal. 100 too much. 50 seems high but there is no other golf too. so lets fill whatever LFN puts up.

in a sidetrack comment – My NFL bestball finished 3rd. (tonight is the last game but it looks pretty much done). I hated this contest12 weeks ago, hated the team I ended up with, I blew the draft, but still came out even. HOW DID YOU ALL DO?

• hbomb57

Did not do and have not done well in NFL and in PGA it looks like the grandkids will be getting coal in their stockings this year unless I can make something happen in Euro or Bird day.

• lfn1992

Pricing is out and… is that a Minimax I see?

• hbomb57

Weather looks good for Wed and Thur. Thur light rain with slightly windier condition in afternoon. But nothing these boys should not be used to….

• lfn1992

I chose to be optimistic and made the Happy Meal 50 entrants. If Tuesday at noon it looks like it won’t come close to filling, I’ll make a 20 resizable so that we have something to shoot for.

I like having it be “Top 5 receive something”.

• Getty33

I’m in. I clicked on the first 6 South African sounding names I found that would fit the budget. 3 of them are genuine but 1 was an American, 1 an Englishman, and 1 a Spaniard.
    This leopard course is supposed to be something special with the scenery.

• timusbr

Happy Meal Cup standings after wk 11 RSM Classic.
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiKGps2bl5SRnlOqUPooJjTSnsI4

not much increase in points at the top but the middle closes the accordion a bit.

• ifthethunder

@lfn1992 said...

I chose to be optimistic and made the Happy Meal 50 entrants. If Tuesday at noon it looks like it won’t come close to filling, I’ll make a 20 resizable so that we have something to shoot for.

I like having it be “Top 5 receive something”.

Sounds like a plan!

P.S. Here is a course history and form spreadsheet:

https://betting.betfair.com/golf/golf-form-guide/alfred-dunhill-championship-2020-players-form-guide-211120-779.html
    ~

• ifthethunder

@timusbr said...

Happy Meal Cup standings after wk 11 RSM Classic.
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiKGps2bl5SRnlOqUPooJjTSnsI4

not much increase in points at the top but the middle closes the accordion a bit.

I’ve been absolute carp for three weeks straight.
    ~

• timusbr

Last year (2019 golf season) was not very good to me regarding the cup. fortunately I had some really good showings with showdowns. The Happy Meal Cup just depressed me by how bad I was doing. Week after week of sub 50th place finishes.

Then it turned around with a 3x pt win in the playoffs and I was close to the lead with 2 wks remaining.

Keep the faith, accumulate pts, and you can be the RG Golf thread Champion.

• shadowchap1978

Jamie Donaldson or Darren Fichardt for my last spot…who would you guys choose? Leaning Donaldson since he’s been on a heater…

• cabdziner

IMO Fichardt is the better choice. S. African, course history and good recent form.

• timusbr

@shadowchap1978 said...

Jamie Donaldson or Darren Fichardt for my last spot…who would you guys choose? Leaning Donaldson since he’s been on a heater…

I think donaldson has distance off the tee and this event should suit that criteria. I used Fichardt last week and that worked well. I think both are playable. (get me, been on a stone cold streak and get a winner in a small time contest for the Joberg and I think I know what I am doing…I still like both)

• ifthethunder

@shadowchap1978 said...

I think both are decent picks. And I like Scott Jamieson from this range, too. In fact all three are in my ‘mid-market’ lineup.

P.S. Sorry, I guess that gives you no help in picking one or the other.

P.P.S. Gavin Green is on my isht list after torching my Euro H.M. last weekend. He’d better not go off this week.
    ~

• mgravity

Wife and I in the happy meal 22/50 . We can fill it !

• lfn1992

@shadowchap1978 said...

I kind of agree with people on here – I’d consider both. I do like Fichardt.

• lfn1992

@mgravity said...

Wife and I in the happy meal 22/50 . We can fill it !

• Kingspark35

I’m in !! 28/50

• byo34

Have been coming near dead last in Euro lately. Hopefully that turns around this week with the larger prize pools.

My current lineup only has 2 South Africans and I fear that won’t be enough. It has Zander who I assume will be pretty chalky just because hes a name people might know, plus his record here is nice. Might need to change things up but we will see as the week goes on.

Excited as always for the Euro Happy Meal, just a bonus that it’s even bigger this week!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).