TOOLS FORUM

Comments

• timmeresque

When I import player pricing along with stats I’m manually going through and changing the pricing from the “7k” format to “7,000”. Does anyone have a trick or formula that will do this for me?

• picklepower

=left(A1,1)*1000 where A1 is 7k

• steelbus

Could go like the below and on and on, etc.

=IF(A2=“7k”,7000,IF(A2=“5k”,5000,0))

• Whynot138

replace function doesn’t work?

• timmeresque

@picklepower said...

=left(A1,1)*1000 where A1 is 7k

@picklepower that formula doesn’t seem to read decimal points – 5.5k returns 5,000. am i missing something?

• timmeresque

@Whynot138 said...

replace function doesn’t work?

@Whynot138 what does the larger formula look like for the replace function?

• bluetieguy

In the case of 5.5K you would do =left(A1,3)*1000. If it was say 10.5K you would do =left(A1,4)*1000

• anonymoose

LEFT-1)*1000

*Edit: for some reason its not displaying formula correctly … basically use the FIND function in Excel to find what position the “K” is in then subtract 1 and multiply by 1000 similar to other suggestions

• Whynot138

@timmeresque said...

@Whynot138 what does the larger formula look like for the replace function?

on my excel there is a pull down in the upper right that says “Find & Select”. you pull that down and there is a replace function that pops up a window. if you put in “K” and rreplace with “000” it should work. for what its worth, wont work directly with decimals but you can work them in as well by replacing all decimals with a comma

• anonymoose

@anonymoose said...

LEFT-1)*1000

*Edit: for some reason its not displaying formula correctly … basically use the FIND function in Excel to find what position the “K” is in then subtract 1 and multiply by 1000 similar to other suggestions

duplicate … still not showing formula correctly … must be textile

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

=LEFT (A1, (LEN (A1))-1)*1000

• bluetieguy

@Whynot138 said...

on my excel there is a pull down in the upper right that says “Find & Select”. you pull that down and there is a replace function that pops up a window. if you put in “K” and rreplace with “000” it should work

The issue with find/replace function and “K” is the decimal. On a case like 10.5k find and replace result will be 10.5000 or 10.5. For a whole number salary like 5K, this would work fine.

Replacing the decimal with a comma is a good idea.

• LarryLegend33

@mberkowi said...

This is all you need

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@mberkowi said...

ding ding ding

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).