MAIN FORUM

Comments

• PrimeTime

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Fan Duel…..

I am very concerned with what went down today and many other days in the past. Being the leader in Daily fantasy there should be no way that I or other players should have problems editing games due to heavy traffic. Especially in a sport like NBA where last minute scratches come out just minutes before the games start. Most days I don’t even make my final LU decision til 5 minutes before tip so its very important to me that the site runs smoothly at that time. With so much money on the line I want to know for sure that I am getting my correct lineups in. What if anything is being done to correct this problem?

Also, after the games started today I was able to go to the edit roster screen and could have edited my lineups if I really wanted. I decided not to, but how do I know that a player that I was going against didn’t edit his roster?

I would also like to say that I love FD and have no intention of leaving the site. I just want these problems to get fixed.

• waiverwire

@PrimeTime420 said…

Fan Duel…..

I am very concerned with what went down today and many other days in the past. Being the leader in Daily fantasy there should be no way that I or other players should have problems editing games due to heavy traffic. Especially in a sport like NBA where last minute scratches come out just minutes before the games start. Most days I don’t even make my final LU decision til 5 minutes before tip so its very important to me that the site runs smoothly at that time. With so much money on the line I want to know for sure that I am getting my correct lineups in. What if anything is being done to correct this problem?

Also, after the games started today I was able to go to the edit roster screen and could have edited my lineups if I really wanted. I decided not to, but how do I know that a player that I was going against didn’t edit his roster?

I would also like to say that I love FD and have no intention of leaving the site. I just want these problems to get fixed.

Primetime – Not sure about the details of your edit situation. I assume that you submitted a ticket and someone from our support team will respond. I did want to respond to what you said about the edit button being visible after game start. That’s happened once or twice in the past, and it doesn’t allow you to submit changes to your lineup. Any changes you made that way would fail when you try to submit them.

• suffolkmike

I think fanduel needs to invest in some more servers and the proper load balancing equipment, the site has been extremely slow due to the new volume of traffic

• evelander171

I agree they have a good thing going over on Fanduel, but they certainly have way to many glitches and or crashes for such a large outfit, how could they not know the amount of traffic going on to rectify it? Kind of weird i guess, it needs to be addressed

• waiverwire

Most problems (even those caused by traffic spikes) aren’t going to be solved by more servers. With thousands of players on the site every day, we’re constantly finding new scenarios that can cause issues, many of them are due to bottlenecks in areas where additional server capacity wouldn’t help. Typically when we run into an issue, we fix the issue and try to identify (and figure out how to prevent) other similar potential problems. That said, with 400%+ year over year growth, a large portion of our development efforts are around scaling and improving our ability to handle more traffic. It’s a constant uphill battle and something that we definitely need to improve at.

With regard to yesterday, it looks like the problems were pretty minor. Out of thousands of people entered in contests yesterday, we received only a handful of tickets about issues (no more than on a normal day). There was definitely a widespread problem with some contests not correctly launching for a few minutes after games started, but nobody was able to edit anything they shouldn’t have, and by the time I was in the chat room a few minutes later, things were working fine and there was no discussion about any problems.

• Superrfly

It’s the same thing week after week guys. Usually its just the NFL days having traffic problems, but now its the NBA. You guys really need to get it fixed, or you’ll end up losing customers in the end.

• suffolkmike

If the server capacity is there then the bottlenecks are probably being caused by the edge and or core routing switches not being up to todays standards or configured wrong….. sorry to get all technical, its what I do for a living. I’m sure your IT staff will figure it out.

I won’t stop playing there unless it gets very bad, I think they have the best user interface out of all the other sites and the mobile one is tops

• PrimeTime

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Thanks for the quick response Waiver. Just want to clarify things. I did not have any problems editing yesterday, but a good friend of mine did and it cost him a lot of money and a seat to the dffbc. With so much money on the line I want to be able to edit up to the minute of the contest start without having to worry about the site going down.

What really bothers me is the response I got from support. Basically the guy told me I shouldn’t edit games late and I wouldn’t have to worry about the site going down. That’s almost impossible in NBA. I don’t think one time this year my lineup has been set before 30 minutes before tip. Its constantly changing with news coming out. So I NEED to be able to edit lineup quickly at the end. Being the biggest site, there should be no way I should have to worry about this stuff. Still love the site. Please just Fix it!

• bobbyrogers46

@PrimeTime420 said…

Thanks for the quick response Waiver. Just want to clarify things. I did not have any problems editing yesterday, but a good friend of mine did and it cost him a lot of money and a seat to the dffbc. With so much money on the line I want to be able to edit up to the minute of the contest start without having to worry about the site going down.

What really bothers me is the response I got from support. Basically the guy told me I shouldn’t edit games late and I wouldn’t have to worry about the site going down. That’s almost impossible in NBA. I don’t think one time this year my lineup has been set before 30 minutes before tip. Its constantly changing with news coming out. So I NEED to be able to edit lineup quickly at the end. Being the biggest site, there should be no way I should have to worry about this stuff. Still love the site. Please just Fix it!

That support guy doesn’t belong.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler