• Putz

FanDuel $100,000 Survivor and # of Entries

Did any one of you max out entries?

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

@00oreo00 said…

Did you guys see the 1st and 2nd place lineups in round 2? 62 points from the same user, only 1 player overlap.

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/200678529/scoring/lineup/1005716507,1005716630/

That’s impressive.

• Putz

@easternmh said…

Right on – I guess I see their logic behind that

Yet, their rules/format was/is not clearly visible. Thanks to RG for digging it up.

Anyone following baseball for even 1/4 of a season knows Tuesdays are much better than Mondays for the quantity of games. Mondays and Thursdays are usually travel days. “Easy to remember “ should have been “easy to plan/schedule”

• Taylor

@00oreo00 said…

Did you guys see the 1st and 2nd place lineups in round 2? 62 points from the same user, only 1 player overlap.

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/200678529/scoring/lineup/1005716507,1005716630/

this is one of the most mind boggling things i’ve ever seen in DFS. it’s not like his overlapping player was some outlier pick that randomly hit 3 HR’s. it was a heavily drafted guy that went off, yet his teams managed to finish 1 and 2 out of 4,000 people with entirely differently rosters.

that’s nuts.

• medavis6

@Cameron said…

2,231 advance. Good luck boys!

Anyone catch what the dummy lineup is for tonight? I forgot to look ahead of time.

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/200710759/scoring/page/295/lineup/1005967646,1005966295/

One man’s train is derailed courtesy of the dummy lineup.

RIP superbowlhomeboy

• Putz

@medavis6 said…

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/200710759/scoring/page/295/lineup/1005967646,1005966295/

One man’s train is derailed courtesy of the dummy lineup.

RIP superbowlhomeboy

Lots of dummy lineups.

• realdeals

@Taylor said…

this is one of the most mind boggling things i’ve ever seen in DFS. it’s not like his overlapping player was some outlier pick that randomly hit 3 HR’s. it was a heavily drafted guy that went off, yet his teams managed to finish 1 and 2 out of 4,000 people with entirely differently rosters.

that’s nuts.

Crazy, hope he entered them into some GPPs

• rsmit84

What happens when 100 people tie for the last 37 spots with 53 of the same lineups right in the middle?

• sonicattack

Where is tonight’s link anyway?

• realdeals

@rsmit84 said…

What happens when 100 people tie for the last 37 spots with 53 of the same lineups right in the middle?

I assume they all move on to next round

• h4v0c

Wow, I finished in 2058th place with a lineup I actually created…

• realdeals

@sonicattack said…

Where is tonight’s link anyway?

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/200710759/scoring/lineup/1005967441/

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

Survive and advance, on to Wednesday

• HungryHungryHip

Howie Kendrick meaningless run scoring triples for the barely advancing win!!!11

• sonicattack

23.25 to advance. Waiting for a night I would have not advanced. I didn’t play today but the lineup I probably would have used would have cleared this easily.

Will continue to keep kicking myself for missing this. :)

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

23.25 was the cutoff and BirdWings ran a 54-team train that scored 23.25…that’s cutting it close!

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Looks like a 30 & 50 team train didn’t make it through last night.

The “Sweat Equity” on this tournament is a great.

• dips56

• 2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@realdeals said…

I assume they all move on to next round

All ties will result in the following tiebreaking procedure being used:

The entrant with the top-scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a higher score than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 2nd highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 2nd highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 3rd highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 3rd highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 4th highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 4th highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 5th highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 5th highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 6th highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 6th highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 7th highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 7th highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 8th highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 8th highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant with the 9th highest scoring player will be placed highest amongst tied teams.
    Should no entrants have a player with a 9th highest score higher than players on other tied teams, then the entrant who entered Round 1 the earliest will be placed highest amongst tied teams.

• cb35

2013 FFFC Finalist, 2013 DFFC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

trying my ass off to get a tix for the $200 one

• realdeals

@cb35 said…

trying my ass off to get a tix for the $200 one

I’ve entering a $10 Q every night and only got 1 so far with a few 2nd places. Wish FD had the $25 Q. A few more would be Niiiice.
    Good luck getting some

• BirdWings

• x4

2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• MLB 2014 Rankings Leader

Just seeing now that only 24 of my 50 teams advanced via the tie-breaking rule. I was always under the assumption that in a Survivor tournament all entries move on that make the final cut-off score. At least that’s been the industry standard.

I respect that a rule has been put in place but do we agree that there should be a tie-breaker rule going forward in Survivors?

Personally, I don’t like the fact that some guys who scored 23.25 will advance and some won’t. Survive and move on with a cut score should be the name of the game. Just like making the cut in golf – they don’t match scorecards.

I think these types of tournaments will become more and more popular in the future and I’d like to see an industry standard for this type of event to create less confusion for all.

Edit: I can see the argument against more than the determined cut line advancing. Say a 50 train advanced deep to round 12 where 168 make it out of 224 and the 50 train got 167th. That wouldn’t necessarily be fair to the rest of the field. So if that’s the case just disregard everything I’ve said and carry on lol.

• Whynot138

very interesting pitching decisions tonight for this. no sure thing (we know how they play out)

and btw why no Baltimore – Pittsburgh game?

• deactivated17417

I had a 23.25 team get bubbled out via tiebreakers… that really sucks but ultimately my bad for shitting the bed.

• leonia82

is there a link to the survivor pool?

• ohiostate241

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Definitely gonna be sweating this one out.

link is below
    https://www.fanduel.com/contest/200718726/scoring/page/212/lineup/1006037847,1006036566/

• sonicattack

@ohiostate241 said…

Definitely gonna be sweating this one out.

link is below
    https://www.fanduel.com/contest/200718726/scoring/page/212/lineup/1006037847,1006036566/

Cutoff currently appears to be 24. My shitty GPP lineup broke 30 tonight.

At this point it’s tempting to buy into the $200 survivor lol. (Note – I don’t exactly have $200, would need to deposit a bit…)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).