INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• drewcrawford03

• 2019 FanDuel FantaSea Finalist

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

The 1099 I received from FanDuel today isn’t even close to the number it should be. This happened last year, and a new one was issued. I know we are dealing with incompetence here regularly, but this is hard to screw up so consistently and so badly. Anyone else seeing issues with theirs?

• madmanjayWV

One would think for legal liability issues they would have to kind of get those correct.

• blazer40

I got an online 1099 showing that other income was $763.82, but I did not withdraw anything this year. I thought you had to withdraw over $600.00 to get a form.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@blazer40 said...

I got an online 1099 showing that other income was $763.82, but I did not withdraw anything this year. I thought you had to withdraw over $600.00 to get a form.

There is a stickied Tax thread at the top of the forum. Better to ask questions there and get advice.

• LegiaWwa

@blazer40 said...

You have to win $600+ on the site. Whether or not you withdraw any money has zero relevance.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@blazer40 said...

It’s still taxable income whether or not you withdraw it or not.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I was a net loser on FD for 2019, and I got a 1099 stating $16k worth of winnings. I didn’t win any live finals or any large contest tickets, I have no idea how it can be off by so much. Their customer service is dragging their feet getting back to me. It has been 4+ days so far.

OP, how did you get a new 1099 issued last year? Do you just ask them to run the numbers again? I downloaded my 2019 play into excel, should I send that to them?

• drewcrawford03

RG Overall Ranking

@dictator_teddy said...

I was a net loser on FD for 2019, and I got a 1099 stating $16k worth of winnings. I didn’t win any live finals or any large contest tickets, I have no idea how it can be off by so much. Their customer service is dragging their feet getting back to me. It has been 4+ days so far.

OP, how did you get a new 1099 issued last year? Do you just ask them to run the numbers again? I downloaded my 2019 play into excel, should I send that to them?

I am facing the same situation, 4 days and no response.

I have heard from MULTIPLE people that their 1099s are, to use my word again, egregiously wrong.

Last year I went through the same process and they said they were wrong and sent a corrected 1099.

If I don’t get a satisfactory resolution this week I will be reporting to the IRS.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

This incorrect 1099 situation is so egregious and FD’s support has been so subpar that I am seriously considering deleting my FD account and playing exclusively on DK.

How do you plan to report this to the IRS? Just tell them, hey, this company FD outsourced their 1099 production, and they are not accurate?

• drewcrawford03

RG Overall Ranking

@dictator_teddy said...

This incorrect 1099 situation is so egregious and FD’s support has been so subpar that I am seriously considering deleting my FD account and playing exclusively on DK.

How do you plan to report this to the IRS? Just tell them, hey, this company FD outsourced their 1099 production, and they are not accurate?

I honestly expect it to be resolved, as it eventually was last year. However, you’d think a company would try to have some competency with the 1099 process, and by all accounts, they don’t.

This appears to be a pattern of incompetence, which, if not rectified, could lead to IRS involvement at some point I would guess. You just can’t screw this stuff up.

• DFSAccounting

The official stickied tax thread can be found here:

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/rotogrinders-official-2019-2020-dfs-accounting-tax-q-a-thread-3273344

• DFSAccounting

@blazer40 said...

You can view the other thread here where we can answer your questions:

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/rotogrinders-official-2019-2020-dfs-accounting-tax-q-a-thread-3273344

• DFSAccounting

Here is a link to the official RG tax thread.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/rotogrinders-official-2019-2020-dfs-accounting-tax-q-a-thread-3273344?page=3

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

Day 5, I followed up with an email a third time. I am losing hope that this will be resolved.

• jamesrrrr

THEY ARE INCORRECTLY ACCOUNTING TICKET WINS.

• drewcrawford03

RG Overall Ranking

@jamesrrrr said...

THEY ARE INCORRECTLY ACCOUNTING TICKET WINS.

Can you elaborate?

• jamesrrrr

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/rotogrinders-official-2019-2020-dfs-accounting-tax-q-a-thread-3273344?page=3#reply-3291771

TRY THAT LINK.

SCROLL DOWN 3RD PAGE

• drewcrawford03

RG Overall Ranking

Got it and yes I believe that is a big issue here for my situation. What are our options in combating this?

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

Update: Melinda from the accounts team got back to me. She explained that some of the contests were cancelled and refunded, and I incorrectly added those entry fees in. However, I still believe they are overstating my income by about $7k. I asked for an excel spreadsheet and I am comparing it with my own spreadsheet and will have to go line by line to try to find the discrepancy.

• jamesrrrr

Did you play many satellites?

• jamesrrrr

Blazer40—HAS FD GOTTEN BACK YOU?

DID YOU GET AN EXPLANATION?

DREW CRAWFORDHAVE YOU HEARD BACK?

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

@jamesrrrr said...

Did you play many satellites?

I played a few, but how does that affect my net winnings? I didn’t win anything significant with the satelites, and what I did win was added into my het winnings.

• DickyBigtop

I’ll be redundant.
    If there is so much question in trying to eliminate tax liability, why not spend the few hundred and let a professional rubber stamp it and alleviate your concerns?

I hit a 2nd place NFL FD gpp, along with other activity that year and my guy made it all disappear and they signed it.

No.

Brainer.

• drewcrawford03

RG Overall Ranking

@DickyBigtop said...

I’ll be redundant.
    If there is so much question in trying to eliminate tax liability, why not spend the few hundred and let a professional rubber stamp it and alleviate your concerns?

I hit a 2nd place NFL FD gpp, along with other activity that year and my guy made it all disappear and they signed it.

No.

Brainer.

Because simply getting a “professional” to do your taxes does absolutely nothing to your tax liability that you can’t do yourself. Your tax liability is your tax liability, no matter who does the paper work.

• bigez952

@drewcrawford03 said...

Because simply getting a “professional” to do your taxes does absolutely nothing to your tax liability that you can’t do yourself. Your tax liability is your tax liability, no matter who does the paper work.

The big difference is if a tax professional messes up your taxes they will step up and cover the additional fees/ penalties that come with under paying and getting caught. Some of those fees can get to be insane if they are caught years later.

• Ninersnut

Yeah that’s not how it works

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).