INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• seth1374

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

Over the last week I have noticed trains in single entry 50/50s these trains always have the same logo. They are at times 25% of the field so much so that they dictate cash lines, normally I could care less but this is so freaking blatant how is action not being taken take a look at the last couple of days:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20730/contests/20730-210881623/entries/1254348888/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20706/contests/20706-210864249/entries/1254003171/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20691/contests/20691-210841978/entries/1253377446/scoring

This is beyond coincidence, if this was a major site logo with RG or something people would be irate. I do not understand how fan duel allows this to go on when it is beyond blatant. When you play 50/50s you are looking for an average but right now 50/50s on FD are basically head to heads against whatever lineup that service plays. So I am done playing Fanduel 50/50s until this problem is rectified and I would encourage everybody else to do the same. Play the guranteed large field double ups its the same thing as long as Fanduel refuses to enforce their own rules

• bigez952

@sonic999 said...

So I guess he’s just that good, ok gotcha. I kinda assumed it was typical jerk off BS seller. As a gpp only guy I would love to see 30% of lus be a train lol but can see how it totally screws up the purpose behind a 50/50. Just surprised this AC is that great every night.

He doesn’t have to be great every night. If you play everyday and he puts out solid lineups that hit 50-55% of the time the average guy will be a losing player as you can’t overcome that plus the rake. If you play everyday and take a season long view of your results guys like this make it extremely difficult to be successful at cash games and beat the rake.

• jimmyrad

I haven’t played a 50/50 in years (so I’ve got no skin in the game) and I think allowing this crap is a POX on the industry. It looks bad and turns off new/rec players.

Pro tip: Try to make DFS look less like a giant grift.

• djcory27

@bigez952 said...

If you play everyday and he puts out solid lineups that hit 50-55% of the time

This particular seller takes Sunday’s off…apparently they are the Chic-fil-A of DFS. For those of you looking to avoid them, loading up on Sunday is the way to go.

• chronoxiong

You pay $80 a month for those services and how the hell do you expect to profit when you have to beat the rake and sharing the same lineup with all the other users who are paying for that service? What a joke. This is the sad state of DFS right now. I hate seeing these trains as I used to be a proud 50/50 player. I am glad I have stopped playing MLB though so this doesn’t affect me. But it will if the trains are massive for NFL and of course, NBA later this year. People should be ashamed of themselves.

• bigez952

@chronoxiong said...

You pay $80 a month for those services and how the hell do you expect to profit when you have to beat the rake

The only one making a consistent profit off this is AC who is collecting $80 a month from 1000+ users. Crazy to think he is making $100,000+ a month and never has to risk anything.

• sonic999

RG Overall Ranking

100k a month really is insane, fd has to know exactly whats going on if he has that many users playing the same cash lus most nights. One question: why do all his monkeys use the same logo? Seems like they wouldnt advertise something like that so openly.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@sonic999 said...

100k a month really is insane, fd has to know exactly whats going on if he has that many users playing the same cash lus most nights. One question: why do all his monkeys use the same logo? Seems like they wouldnt advertise something like that so openly.

You’d think they would try to be as discrete as possible so I really don’t understand this either.

• Yolkix

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

I can speak to this on Fan Duel.. Of all the people playing cash it seems like roughly 1/4 of the field are playing the same lineup. It’s a decent lineup. usually a few plays I don’t agree with, but when so many people are playing one lineup it sort of defeats the purpose of the big multi entries, which should make it so that people are playing against a large variety of lineups.

Tonight (8/30/17) This appears to be that lineup after the 7:10 games are revealed: https://gyazo.com/615d2394c8a8518308f54457c803ac06 Not hard to spot it because it will usually feature a few players that are higher owned than would make sense (in this case Duvall and Plawecki, Reyes ownership is also definitely elevated). There are countless players using this same lineup tonight.

Note: And as I type this Reyes steals a base making him at 12 points in his first at bat.. he should not be 50% owned, but because these people all use the same lineup I feel like I’m basically playing a head to head…..And his Plawecki play which is total garbage imo RBI doubles first at bat as well at somehow 30% ownership.. fun night so far..

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@Yolkix said...

I can speak to this on Fan Duel.. Of all the people playing cash it seems like roughly 1/4 of the field are playing the same lineup. It’s a decent lineup. usually a few plays I don’t agree with, but when so many people are playing one lineup it sort of defeats the purpose of the big multi entries, which should make it so that people are playing against a large variety of lineups.

Tonight (8/30/17) This appears to be that lineup after the 7:10 games are revealed: https://gyazo.com/615d2394c8a8518308f54457c803ac06 Not hard to spot it because it will usually feature a few players that are higher owned than would make sense (in this case Duvall and Plawecki, Reyes ownership is also definitely elevated). There are countless players using this same lineup tonight.

Note: And as I type this Reyes steals a base making him at 12 points in his first at bat.. he should not be 50% owned, but because these people all use the same lineup I feel like I’m basically playing a head to head…..And his Plawecki play which is total garbage imo RBI doubles first at bat as well at somehow 30% ownership.. fun night so far..

To be fair he is 2.5k playing @ Great American and fills the SS position. Seems like a kind of obvious cash play, even if it shouldn’t be 50%.

• mambaland

Let me get this straight..when 10 top players share lineups no one cares but when casual players buy a lineup it matters? if you are trying to profit in dfs like in stocks having an advisor or paying for help makes sense..however DFS is pretty much a no win proposition its like buying a tout sheet at the racetrack.

What i do not like is that people taking h2h off board all have same lineup as well. Another gripe is that FD can have a 15000 man squeeze at 10pm and it fills but only make 50/50 20 man so no one enters.

There comes a time when you know everything there is to know about dfs and just have to decide..am i still playing or not? So far seems most are

• Yolkix

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

If he is such an obvious play than why do most of the top players (youdaco, papagates, chipolteaddict, moklovin, etc etc) not have him tonight? He is a reasonable option to be sure, but 50% ownership is very excessive. Duvall being 43% is beyond obvious that something is going on.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@Yolkix said...

If he is such an obvious play than why do most of the top players (youdaco, papagates, chipolteaddict, moklovin, etc etc) not have him tonight? He is a reasonable option to be sure, but 50% ownership is very excessive. Duvall being 43% is beyond obvious that something is going on.

Yes I do agree that 50% is a bit absurd. To be honest I’m more appalled with Votto’s ownership in that SS though, or Duvall in your comment here.

• Yolkix

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@JoeFlacco05 said...

Yes I do agree that 50% is a bit absurd. To be honest I’m more appaled with Votto’s ownership in that SS though, or Duvall in your comment here.

Yea I was expecting Votto to be like 50-60%, when almost half the players buy a lineup with him in it though than there’s basically no one left fading.

• txdave41

I took a look at the cash lines last night. Every single triple up, double up and quintuple up had significantly higher cash lines, up to 25 points higher than the GPPs. If this is the new norm then you would be crazy to play cash anymore.

• jokerswild22

It’s impossible to police. All you can do is put up “Guidelines” on how you hope people play.

Too far deep. The NASCAR line trains with RG logos are just as bad.

It’s part of the game.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@jokerswild22 said...

It’s impossible to police. All you can do is put up “Guidelines” on how you hope people play.

Too far deep. The NASCAR line trains with RG logos are just as bad.

It’s part of the game.

Well you could ban accounts that are affiliated with lineup selling (IE the accounts you see the lineup sellers actually use). I don’t think DK really cares too much about it, they just put the guidelines in so they can say they’re trying.

• jokerswild22

@JoeFlacco05 said...

Well you could ban accounts that are affiliated with lineup selling (IE the accounts you see the lineup sellers actually use). I don’t think DK really cares too much about it, they just put the guidelines in so they can say they’re trying.

I mean you could but that would be a dumb business move.

You guys are saying 30-50% of your contests are those guys.

So you want the sites to get rid of 30% of the rake payers.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@jokerswild22 said...

I mean you could but that would be a dumb business move.

You guys are saying 30-50% of your contests are those guys.

So you want the sites to get rid of 30% of the rake payers.

The players are still gonna play. They’re not just going to quit because their lineup seller’s account got banned. Hell, the lineup seller won’t quit either (unless gets IP banned, another solid idea). And I don’t play cash personally so I’m not too concerned with them effecting my games, I just find it morally wrong to sell lineups as the vast majority of the sellers are bad players and the buyers don’t know any better and are being scammed. I wrote a blog about it today you should check out :)

• jokerswild22

@JoeFlacco05 said...

The players are still gonna play. They’re not just going to quit because their lineup seller’s account got banned. Hell, the lineup seller won’t quit either (unless gets IP banned, another solid idea). And I don’t play cash personally so I’m not too concerned with them effecting my games, I just find it morally wrong to sell lineups as the vast majority of the sellers are bad players and the buyers don’t know any better and are being scammed. I wrote a blog about it today you should check out :)

No different than people running lineup optimizers.

Lineup sharing is happening on every level. $1-$5000

And if you’re saying ban the accounts but they’ll keep playing, then why bother?

• bluewurm

one place to start would be to ban the logos that give free advertising on your site to these sellers. this doesn’t solve the problem but it chips away a little

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@jokerswild22 said...

No different than people running lineup optimizers.

Lineup sharing is happening on every level. $1-$5000

And if you’re saying ban the accounts but they’ll keep playing, then why bother?

I said ban the accounts of the sellers, not the buyers. The sellers will keep playing even if the buyers get banned.

And yes it’s very different than running an optimizer.

• Paymelate

This has been going on since the dawn of ages, especially during basketball season. Also to be honest to you and no disrespect if you cant beat them you just simply have to get better. Yourself needs to get better because you obviously didn’t cash on those three days and they did. Just go back to see what picks you went wrong on. If a player is 88% in a cash game and you don’t have them then that means you misread something. Cash games are suppose to be obvious picks.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@Paymelate said...

This has been going on since the dawn of ages, especially during basketball season. Also to be honest to you and no disrespect if you cant beat them you just simply have to get better. Yourself needs to get better because you obviously didn’t cash on those three days and they did. Just go back to see what picks you went wrong on. If a player is 88% in a cash game and you don’t have them then that means you misread something. Cash games are suppose to be obvious picks.

This is a common argument and in most cases it is fairly true, but some of the very best lineup sellers actually are very good players as well (not going to name them) and that creates a problem more similar to that of the papagates/chipotle issue(not saying their guilty of it just referencing it for the sake of comparison) of them teaming to circumvent entry limits. It’s not quite the same but theoretically if 100 people run LINEUP SELLER’s line in a single entry and that player pulls in a positive ROI, then is it any different? It really isn’t. And that means it’s both unfair and unethical.

You say “just get better”, but imagine Awesemo sold his lines and the 1000 worst DFS people were his only customers. Well, those players are horrible, but now we have to beat 1000x the entries from the best player in the world, so it’s very difficult to just simply say “get better” when the playing field is no longer anywhere close to equal.

• seth1374

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

well if you had spent 5 minutes clicking on the links you would see that I beat them one of the three nights but you wanted to be the build a better lineup guy. Also read the posts these guys are literally dictating ownerships in 50/50s . Its not about getting better single entry 50/50s are supposed to be single entries not 40 people with single entries and 60 people with a lineup from the same lineup seller. There lineup sucks tonight doesn’t make what they are doing any less wrong

• Paymelate

Your absolutely right on this too! lol yeah.. if the Top pros sold their cash game lineups to 1000 people then this is just bad for the DFS ecosystem. The sites aren’t doing anything to help it :(.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler