INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• seth1374

RG Overall Ranking

Over the last week I have noticed trains in single entry 50/50s these trains always have the same logo. They are at times 25% of the field so much so that they dictate cash lines, normally I could care less but this is so freaking blatant how is action not being taken take a look at the last couple of days:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20730/contests/20730-210881623/entries/1254348888/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20706/contests/20706-210864249/entries/1254003171/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20691/contests/20691-210841978/entries/1253377446/scoring

This is beyond coincidence, if this was a major site logo with RG or something people would be irate. I do not understand how fan duel allows this to go on when it is beyond blatant. When you play 50/50s you are looking for an average but right now 50/50s on FD are basically head to heads against whatever lineup that service plays. So I am done playing Fanduel 50/50s until this problem is rectified and I would encourage everybody else to do the same. Play the guranteed large field double ups its the same thing as long as Fanduel refuses to enforce their own rules

• Yolkix

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@Paymelate said...

This has been going on since the dawn of ages, especially during basketball season. Also to be honest to you and no disrespect if you cant beat them you just simply have to get better. Yourself needs to get better because you obviously didn’t cash on those three days and they did. Just go back to see what picks you went wrong on. If a player is 88% in a cash game and you don’t have them then that means you misread something. Cash games are suppose to be obvious picks.

Your argument is flawed on multiple levels in my opinion. I honestly don’t mean to sound arrogant or anything but I have done pretty well in MLB this season and am confident that my lineup is typically stronger than that of the lineup seller in question. Where I see an issue is that I am investing roughly $1200 a night into mass-multi entry double ups because I want to face a wide range of lineups and players. I would never be comfortable playing all of that in a heads up simply due to the amount of variance I am taking on. So many people are playing the same lineup recently that it’s starting to feel like regardless of what contest I join, my entire MLB night will come down to whether or not I can beat one lineup (and up until tonight that lineup seller had been running very hot recently). To me that defeats the entire idea of what a massive entry double up or 50/50 is all about.

• Yolkix

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

I would honestly add that I think a lot of this has to do with this seller happening to run very hot recently, I have seen the same emblem from people for much of the year and have never paid it much mind, I have also noticed certain players being way higher owned than expected a lot of the year. When the guy got hot recently and I started losing to these lineups frequently (as I’m sure many have recently), it prompted me to look into it more. It also has likely led to an increase in people buying his lineup.

• DoubleTime

• 2016 King of Summer: August

So all it boils down to nightly is can you beat the lineup seller or not? Sounds pretty sketchy, that is not what people are expecting when they enter these contests. The numbers I’m reading on here are absurd! 30% of the field coming from one lineup seller? They need to get a handle on this.

• depalma13

You want to really end this. Pay $80 for one month and get the lineup.

Do not enter it in any contest. Instead, as soon as you get it, email Fanduel with the lineup and use this statement: Just wanted to inform you that this lineup with be in 20%-30% of every 50/50 you run at x dollar amount tonight. Say nothing else.

Than match that lineup up to the tournaments each night. You keep a paper trail. After about four weeks or so of doing this, you should have enough evidence to end this one and for all.

• zline34

@Yolkix said...

I can speak to this on Fan Duel.. Of all the people playing cash it seems like roughly 1/4 of the field are playing the same lineup. It’s a decent lineup. usually a few plays I don’t agree with, but when so many people are playing one lineup it sort of defeats the purpose of the big multi entries, which should make it so that people are playing against a large variety of lineups.

Tonight (8/30/17) This appears to be that lineup after the 7:10 games are revealed: https://gyazo.com/615d2394c8a8518308f54457c803ac06 Not hard to spot it because it will usually feature a few players that are higher owned than would make sense (in this case Duvall and Plawecki, Reyes ownership is also definitely elevated). There are countless players using this same lineup tonight.

Note: And as I type this Reyes steals a base making him at 12 points in his first at bat.. he should not be 50% owned, but because these people all use the same lineup I feel like I’m basically playing a head to head…..And his Plawecki play which is total garbage imo RBI doubles first at bat as well at somehow 30% ownership.. fun night so far..

Wow I should play cash on FD. What a shit lineup. Keuchel against red hot Rangers smh.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

@zline34 said...

Wow I should play cash on FD. What a shit lineup. Keuchel against red hot Rangers smh.

I’ll assume you’re joking. Keuchel was far and away the best play today at pitcher.

• seth1374

RG Overall Ranking

maybe we should ask Fanduel DraftKings, Fantasy Draft Reps why on this lineup sellers site they are listed as “partners” oh also they list Bovada as a partner I am sure Fanduel and DK will love that. As for the lineup selling they don’t even hide it here is a tweet from last night apparently they give out GPP lines

• djcory27

@sonic999 said...

One question: why do all his monkeys use the same logo?

They are told to use the logo by the seller so their massive amount of subs can check for it in contests and try to not overlap as much as possible. It has nothing to do with advertising, purely for the customers to try and not entirely flood the contests so they have a 0% chance of making a profit.

• djcory27

Last night was a perfect example from my earlier post. When these guys miss, it’s basically an auto-cash. I hit everything with ease. The FanDuel big $2 double cash line was a low 116.7. This seller had 2,394 of the 10,344 possible entries (23%) of the field. This was down 7% from their usual, which I can only assume is because they were tweeting out to bet low on cash games because it wasn’t a friendly slate.

• bigez952

@djcory27 said...

Last night was a perfect example from my earlier post. When these guys miss, it’s basically an auto-cash. I hit everything with ease. The FanDuel big $2 double cash line was a low 116.7. This seller had 2,394 of the 10,344 possible entries (23%) of the field. This was down 7% from their usual, which I can only assume is because they were tweeting out to bet low on cash games because it wasn’t a friendly slate.

The problem is one miss doesn’t really help in the long run if they are hitting 50%+. You have to win 50/50’s at a 55%+ rate in order to profitable so I wouldn’t get too excited over one easy cashing night if the lineup seller has been running hot for much of August. In the long run if this guy is a solid player you might have a couple easy cashing nights but in the long run it will be significantly more difficult to be successful long term if you can’t beat him 55%+ of the time.

• djcory27

@bigez952 said...

The problem is one miss doesn’t really help in the long run if they are hitting 50%+.

I completely agree, but they are due for some regression after hitting at an 80% clip the last couple of months. Hopefully last night starts a downward trend. This appears to be a team of guys who make the lineups, I’m in the process of collecting as much data as possible on them to submit a full report to FanDuel…not that I’m getting my hopes up that they do anything about it.

• bigez952

@djcory27 said...

I completely agree, but they are due for some regression after hitting at an 80% clip the last couple of months. Hopefully last night starts a downward trend. This appears to be a team of guys who make the lineups, I’m in the process of collecting as much data as possible on them to submit a full report to FanDuel…not that I’m getting my hopes up that they do anything about it.

Yeah hopefully FanDuel will do something since you don’t hit a hot streak like that without having good knowledge of how to play MLB DFS so these will always be strong lineups and it will make it extremely difficult for an average player to complete 30% of the fielding having strong lineups over a long period of time. It is crazy how many times in August I have seen cash lines lower in GPP’s than 50/50’s or double ups. I can see how people say cash games are becoming unplayable.

• zline34

@JoeFlacco05 said...

I’ll assume you’re joking. Keuchel was far and away the best play today at pitcher.

Are you kidding? Berios agianst the White Sox? Porcello aginast the Jays? Go ahead and look at the Jays starting lineup, it was a complete joke.

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

@zline34 said...

Are you kidding? Berios agianst the White Sox? Porcello aginast the Jays? Go ahead and look at the Jays starting lineup, it was a complete joke.

I agree with Porcello, played him a lot. However, the Rangers are horrible against lefties, strike out a ton, had the lefty K machine Gallo back and they were in the Trop.

Personally I thought Berrios was a bit over priced for his talent level too but he had a nice game.

• Sol88

So are we going to ignore that these massive LU trains don’t exist on DK because of the community guidelines we all ‘hate’? The AC account OP is complaining about only plays on FD because of DKs rules.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Sol88 said...

So are we going to ignore that these massive LU trains don’t exist on DK because of the community guidelines we all ‘hate’? The AC account OP is complaining about only plays on FD because of DKs rules.

This is an excellent point. People generally would rather complain about why they lose, rather than shifting cash games to DK to avoid the AC train and/or just bear down and work on creating better lineups to dust these duped lineups.

• sethfein

Check out first place finish in DK $5 double up last night….pretty easy to catch lineup sharers

https://rotogrinders.com/contest-results/43745435

• sethfein

To follow-up on previous post, there is a 196.35 score that comes up in every cash game lobby from last night that was used by at least 12 different users…it’s a pretty blatant case.

• jokerswild22

you guys know “locking in 2 players” and clicking Optimize is legal, right?

getting up in arms about lineup sharing in cash games is a waste of time.

• Messiah717

The answer since the sites don’t seem to care is to stop throwing your money away into these contests. I’ve said it time and time again and it’s the only solution. Yet people have the I still want to play and then complain about it later mentality.

• DoubleTime

• 2016 King of Summer: August

You’d think the sites wouldn’t want their games to appear rigged. Anybody that is not a part of that 30% has to feel like they are playing in a rigged game. Seeing 1/3 of the field on the same lineup, that is completely nuts. On a smaller scale, less than 5% of the field, still BS but people can turn a blind eye and keep playing. 30%+ is absurd.

• Nobakov

What was their cash LU tonight? Wanna see how bad it is (my opinion based on previous ones i’ve seen).

• biglucky

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I’ve mentioned in the past and will mention it again and it will probably just be ignored but due to the amount of money in play it is beyond me that there is not a 3rd party put in place to monitor the DFS sites for shady practices. FD and DK have no interest turning rake paying customers away.

• txdave41

Cash line for the quintuple and double ups was nearly identical as around 203. That’s just wrong. The cash line for a double up should be easier to hit than a quin or GPP. That’s 30 points higher than the GPPs! These jerks have made cash games unplayable for me.

• moped_jones

@bigez952 said...

Wow AC has to be raking in the cash with people paying $80 a month for access to these lineups. I can’t imagine the users are making any money splitting up whatever they win when lineups hit.

One way to not have to split is to just change out one player (or two to make the salaries work better). If your 1-2 pivots do better you just beat 20% of the field. If it does worse, you’re done. But at least you won’t have to split your winnings too much if you do win.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.