INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• seth1374

RG Overall Ranking

Over the last week I have noticed trains in single entry 50/50s these trains always have the same logo. They are at times 25% of the field so much so that they dictate cash lines, normally I could care less but this is so freaking blatant how is action not being taken take a look at the last couple of days:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20730/contests/20730-210881623/entries/1254348888/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20706/contests/20706-210864249/entries/1254003171/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20691/contests/20691-210841978/entries/1253377446/scoring

This is beyond coincidence, if this was a major site logo with RG or something people would be irate. I do not understand how fan duel allows this to go on when it is beyond blatant. When you play 50/50s you are looking for an average but right now 50/50s on FD are basically head to heads against whatever lineup that service plays. So I am done playing Fanduel 50/50s until this problem is rectified and I would encourage everybody else to do the same. Play the guranteed large field double ups its the same thing as long as Fanduel refuses to enforce their own rules

• depalma13

@moped_jones said...

One way to not have to split is to just change out one player (or two to make the salaries work better). If your 1-2 pivots do better you just beat 20% of the field. If it does worse, you’re done. But at least you won’t have to split your winnings too much if you do win.

These are double ups. How can that possibly even matter?

• bigez952

@moped_jones said...

One way to not have to split is to just change out one player (or two to make the salaries work better). If your 1-2 pivots do better you just beat 20% of the field. If it does worse, you’re done. But at least you won’t have to split your winnings too much if you do win.

People won’t pay $80 a month just to change the lineup they just purchased just so they are different. They can be different without paying $80 a month.

• ThatStunna

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #7

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@depalma13 said...

In an extreme example, if 113 people in a 114-person double up have the same lineup, you’re better off having a unique lineup. Those people literally can’t win by using the same lineup because they take up too much space at the top. It’s not that unusual to see a lineup blob that is barely winning money or even losing money because the lineup blob extends below the cash line.

That said, if you are relying on one player as your edge in a double up or 50-50, you’re basically screwed unless everyone missed a secret stud pitcher. 50/50s and double ups generally suck anyway.

• moped_jones

@depalma13 said...

If too many people have the same lineup even in a 50/50 you could have to split your winnings. I’ve won a 50/50 before and tied with the last person and only won $0.90 off a $1 game.

• moped_jones

@bigez952 said...

People won’t pay $80 a month just to change the lineup they just purchased just so they are different. They can be different without paying $80 a month.

If they are paying $80 a month to buy LU’s to enter low stakes 50/50’s then I don’t see how they would be incapable of doing what I suggested.

Personally I think buying LU’s is stupid (especially for cash games, lol). It’s pretty easy to find out who’s good and who isn’t. We all have access to the same numbers (a lot of which can be found for free).

• mambaland

it is not about being good its about making money..if good was what it took the sharks would not have 150 lineups in GPP’s they would have 1

• falcor

It’s even worse tonight! I think we should make our voices heard!!

• GoldStandard000

If I don’t cash tonight I’m done with MLB cash on fanduel. I’ll go to draft kings or fantasy draft. This just isn’t fair. Its a shame because I prefer fanduel, but I can’t increase my bankroll like this.

• falcor

Wtf! 22 spots on a $2 dollar 50/50! I’m currently winning at the 25th spot! Fanduel I’m done! Nice business model!! Get your rake while you can!!

• falcor

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20784/contests/20784-210917563/entries/1255433222/scoring

• chronoxiong

AC Lineups strikes again. Eff this buying lineups crap.

• falcor

I sent a complaint to fanduel with proof!! Power in #‘s!!!

• jokerswild22

That is the same optimal lineup that my FantasyLabs model pumped out when I locked in Clevinger.

• mambaland

The people selling it are ranked on RG as a top 100 player which seems like it would conflict with RG

• yisman

@djcory27 said...

Last night was a perfect example from my earlier post. When these guys miss, it’s basically an auto-cash. I hit everything with ease. The FanDuel big $2 double cash line was a low 116.7. This seller had 2,394 of the 10,344 possible entries (23%) of the field. This was down 7% from their usual, which I can only assume is because they were tweeting out to bet low on cash games because it wasn’t a friendly slate.

how do you get the numbers? You said 2,394. Is there a quick script or something that counts the dupe lineups or looks for users with the logo?

• deaddogseye

I have been playing a single entry $25 DU on FD everyday in baseball fo some time now. Its a 45 player field. Lately there has been a group (or one guy with multiple profiles) that enters the game with the exact same lineup everyday – yesterday it was 15 entries out of 45 which seems just ridicule;ous to me (the number varies but the average is probably about 10). I get the argument I suppose that it shouldn’t matter but it just seems to skew the game. I brought it to FD attention and they said it was probably just people using the same optimizer but it is clearly ore than just that type of coincidence. It just doesn’t seem right to me and kind of ruins the game. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this

• deaddogseye

You an always file a complaint wih the NY State AG — that might get the site’s attention in a big way

• krpdmb

Well everyone knows who it is they aren’t hiding anything. They shouldn’t be able to throw it in our face. You got a pro selling out his lineups and they are good lineups that will not change he knows what he is doing. Can;t fault him for trying to cash in, can’t fault the buyers who are getting a premium product. DK at least keeps him somewhat in check, FD should do the same. Can’t RG reach out and put a little pressure on Fanduel to take a look at what they got going on at their site. I wouldn’t care if they at least tried to be discrete about it but its obvious. GPP’s are fine not sure why you would play a lineup that can’t ever really win a top prize because of chop. But you have turned a 50/50 into a 1 vs 75 and a pro. Its gonna get worse if they don’t. And if they don’t we just need about 50 of us to buy in for month and flood the 50/50’s with same lineup. When 75 people are chopping a 50/50 with same lineup, won’t be profitable no mo.

• GoldStandard000

@krpdmb said...

And if they don’t we just need about 50 of us to buy in for month and flood the 50/50’s with same lineup. When 75 people are chopping a 50/50 with same lineup, won’t be profitable no mo.

They wouldn’t be profiting, but neither would we, so it defeats the purpose. Why would you want to lose some of your bankroll on purpose?

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Change your avatar to the AC avatar so they assume their “guys” are already signed up and maybe some of them will avoid entering said contest

• yogaflame

I’ll sell you guys his lineup for $50/mo.

• krpdmb

There you go, even better idea, buy a month and blast them for free.

• deaddogseye

@seth1374 said...

So I wrote to Fanduel Customer Service pointing this out and this is the response I got:

Hi Seth,

Thank you for contacting FanDuel Customer Support.

Our team has gone to great lengths to ensure we offer a fun and fair product to all of our players. Every person on the site is responsible for entering their own lineups, using their own funds.

I can understand the frustration here, but many of our players use similar third party sites and sources when building lineups, doing research, and discussing our contests in general.

While we cannot keep players from discussing similar strategy, we do ensure that each player is who they say they are, and carry just one account on the site.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Mike

So Basically Fanduel is endorsing that you can sell lineups and play them on their site this is a joke. Sometimes in this forum people go through extreme calculous to prove some players are colluding. Here we have a situation where someone with a 5th grade understanding of statistics can see that is going on and Fanduel does nothing

I got a similar answer — whether they believe this or want to look the other way this is far more than a coincidence among subscribers to a single source that just randomly show up in certain games. It is pretty obvious that this is a coordinated strategy among these players as to which games to enter and how many of them enter. I mentioned this before but if someone want to hope to stop this the only thing that will work would be filing a complaint with one of the AGs offices. If someone can get them to take an interest my guess is the sites will react in a hurry because it is the sites that have the exposure, not these players

Also – I thought someone said they thought all of these guys use he same logo — I assume its that red and white AC thing – but there are a lot more who are part of this who do not

• Tstern615

Do the Pick em’s and Arcade games eliminate this behavior?

• deaddogseye

Does anyone know what the AC avatar is from? Is it for a site? Maybe somebody could do a cyber attack on them. Unfortunately I’m lucky to get my computer turned on in the morning.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.