INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• seth1374

RG Overall Ranking

Over the last week I have noticed trains in single entry 50/50s these trains always have the same logo. They are at times 25% of the field so much so that they dictate cash lines, normally I could care less but this is so freaking blatant how is action not being taken take a look at the last couple of days:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20730/contests/20730-210881623/entries/1254348888/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20706/contests/20706-210864249/entries/1254003171/scoring

https://www.fanduel.com/games/20691/contests/20691-210841978/entries/1253377446/scoring

This is beyond coincidence, if this was a major site logo with RG or something people would be irate. I do not understand how fan duel allows this to go on when it is beyond blatant. When you play 50/50s you are looking for an average but right now 50/50s on FD are basically head to heads against whatever lineup that service plays. So I am done playing Fanduel 50/50s until this problem is rectified and I would encourage everybody else to do the same. Play the guranteed large field double ups its the same thing as long as Fanduel refuses to enforce their own rules

• jokerswild22

@coyotes01 said...

May seem like an dumb idea, but if RG agrees that this practice is bad for business why not allow a member to sign up for this website, receive the lineup, and post it to a specific forum post each day. Allow the member to create a separate RG profile so that the site owner can’t figure out the person posting their lineups.

This could allow RG individuals to enter the lineup and potentially shift the returns to losses even when the lineup cashes(If people want to risk their money to create a change). Assuming people figure out that the lineup is posted free here it could also potentially get them to cancel their subscriptions from the website and negatively impacted the business model of the lineup seller. Extremely unlikely RG would allow it, but it may be food for thought….or a terrible idea.

…why…

it’s not that serious.

• krpdmb

Ugh, they dominated the cash line again tonight. Averaging over 20 players in most 50/50’s they single handed set the cash line at 151.5 . I gotta borrow their logo to at least get them from stop playing me in heads up. Gonna keep bombarding FD to get them to take a look. If not Im in to buy and post their lineups. If FD won’t do anything about it I will effort. Only issue is the time. They won’t send them out until right before lock. I assume RG will not let us post lineups on the forum, don’t know but anyone got a good alternative site let me know.

• djcory27

@jokerswild22 said...

his could allow RG individuals to enter the lineup and potentially shift the returns to losses even when the lineup cashes(If people want to risk their money to create a change).

This might actually work….

• deaddogseye

It would be nice if there were such a practical solution to this but I think the only thing that might bring about a change is what I would call the nuclear option — getting one of the state attorneys general or regulators to take a look at this. Don’t know if they would – but they might – and there is a credible argument they should. FD holds these games out as single entry but a single source — which openly lists itself as in partnership with FD on its web site — is generating lineups for compensation and clearly coordinating massive entry into single entry contests. It would not be a stretch at all for a regulator to say these all should be treated as a single entry in violation of FDs own policies. For starters there might be a basis for a false advertising claim, as well as other consumer fraud claims. You also never know what an investigation will reveal that is not apparent to the player — such as financial arrangements behind the scene.

The publicity from something like this also could hurt them (and the industry as a whole) in their efforts to get legalized in other states. Finally I think there are probably some AGs (like in NY I would guess) who despite the legislative relief that was given wouldn’t mind being able to take action against one of these sites.

I just cant believe that allowing this to continue would be worth it to FD or anyone else if something like that go started. Short of that I just don’t know if this will stop but certainly we should keep letting them know our objections.

• joeycis

• Blogger of the Month

Two days ago, I sent an e-mail to Fanduel regarding my concerns to this matter accompanied with multiple screenshots of where it happened in 100-man league play. I received a response thanking me for the screenshots and that they would look into it.

(bangs head against wall)

• deaddogseye

Their lineup was entered 87 times in what was supposedly a $1 single entry GPP with 1177 entries yesterday – the 10K Tuesday MLB Bunt. Its a joke.

• djcory27

I would love to know the thoughts of a cash game grinder, such as Hoop2410 has on this subject. From what I’m told, he missed cashing again last night by only 3 points. This is a guy who’s wagering thousands a night and is losing to guys who have no idea how to actually build a lineup due to the massive trains. I wonder if a player at that level is scaling back.

• BmoreClutch

“Therefore, our team, although we do not encourage it, does not have an issue with lineup sellers at this time”

Taken from a live chat with a FD rep a few minutes ago.

So no issue with LU sellers, players with the same LU (and logo) are just collaborating, and it’s actually easier for me because I only have to beat 1 LU. Doesn’t matter that the LU is coming from a top 100 ranked pro.

Clearly these players aren’t collaborating. They’re not giving input/working jointly with each other. They’re paying $80 a month to receive LU’s by email every day. And it’s not just AC. There’s other LU sellers out there run by top 100 players. One is charging $1,000 for the entire NFL season.

Reach out to FD and let them know you’re taking your money out. Maybe they’ll get their heads out of their asses if enough people bring this up.

• deaddogseye

@BmoreClutch said...

Clearly these players aren’t collaborating. They’re not giving input/working jointly with each other. They’re paying $80 a month to receive LU’s by email every day. And it’s not just AC. There’s other LU sellers out there run by top 100 players. One is charging $1,000 for the entire NFL season.

I don’t know if I agree with this as far as non-collaboration is concerned. I am not a big player but I play almost every day and almost exclusively single entry cash and GPP. I have done this for several years and have never seen anything like this before. Never. In the last few weeks the AC crowd has descended upon the games I play (as well as the others I have checked out now that the issue has been raised) like locusts. All of a sudden, for example, you are getting 10-15 of them in a 45 person cash game when nothing like that has ever happened in a game I’ve been in in any sport before. This clearly suggests to me that this is not a mere coincidence. It would be just too big of a coincidence in my experience

• BmoreClutch

@deaddogseye said...

I don’t know if I agree with this as far as non-collaboration is concerned. I am not a big player but I play almost every day and almost exclusively single entry cash and GPP. I have done this for several years and have never seen anything like this before. Never. In the last few weeks the AC crowd has descended upon the games I play (as well as the others I have checked out now that the issue has been raised) like locusts. All of a sudden, for example, you are getting 10-15 of them in a 45 person cash game when nothing like that has ever happened in a game I’ve been in in any sport before. This clearly suggests to me that this is not a mere coincidence. It would be just too big of a coincidence in my experience

I think you misunderstood my post. The definition of collaboration is: the action of working with someone to produce or create something. According to the FD rep that is allowed.

What I’m saying is by definition the people buying the AC LU’s are not collaborating. Because they’re not working with others to create those LU’s. They’re simply paying a fee for a pro’s LU.

I’m in no way saying that it’s just a coincidence. We all know what’s happening (including FD). FD is just too greedy to do anything about it. As long as they’re getting their money they’re happy.

• mambaland

@djcory27 said...

I would love to know the thoughts of a cash game grinder, such as Hoop2410 has on this subject. From what I’m told, he missed cashing again last night by only 3 points. This is a guy who’s wagering thousands a night and is losing to guys who have no idea how to actually build a lineup due to the massive trains. I wonder if a player at that level is scaling back.

you mean the same guy who runs csu and birdwings lineups? as said on the wire “if your in the game your in the game” we all in the game adjust or get out

• mambaland

And its not a PRO it is a optimizer…what is a pro? no one see’s what these guys make. I say a pro is one who sells and makes money on selling lineups LOL

• mambaland

@deaddogseye said...

I went to the AC website and Fan Duel is listed as a partner. That’s say a lot.

there are also people listed as consultants or some entity who enter lineups on sites and they could be labeled employees but that never comes up

• joeycis

• Blogger of the Month

Just combed my leagues tonight… multiple trains again. Yikes. Maybe there is something to be said about leaving Fanduel.

• MrMadness001

I have seen these clowns in my single entry 50/50 games the past few weeks. Annoying but I have still been able to cash without issue most nights. I think it’s a joke that FD who claims to be such a player friendly site just let’s shit like this go on. I have tweeted them screenshots on numerous nights with these guys running 15-20 guys all with the same lineup.

I would usually say it is tough to regulate but these guys are all running the sites logo to proudly display they suck and buy lineups. Definitely not a fan of this but it doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. Will probably just get worse actually.

• djcory27

@MrMadness001 said...

Definitely not a fan of this but it doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon

I pulled my bankroll off of FanDuel for this reason, was thinking of adding some back in for NFL, but after looking at the 50/50s I can see they are already swarming them with entries. I’ll be sticking to DK for NFL.

• BmoreClutch

@mambaland said...

And its not a PRO it is a optimizer…what is a pro? no one see’s what these guys make. I say a pro is one who sells and makes money on selling lineups LOL

AC doesn’t provide an optimizer or even projections to import into an optimizer.

It seems like you’re under the impression that clicking optimize will automatically spit out a winning LU. It doesn’t work that way. An optimizer is only as good as the projections you put into it.

Anyway AC’s website clearly states that members will receive 1 FD LU + multiple GPP LU’s by email 20 minutes before lock.

The only possible input buyers have is on DK where AC sends them a starter LU with a cheat sheet to fill out roster spots. That’s why you don’t see the AC logos all over DK. People actually have to make their own decisions and obviously they don’t know what the hell they’re doing.

Edit: AC is now using a different logo. Same colors but it now says: DFS Karma

• Cincinnatibuck

@mambaland said...

you mean the same guy who runs csu and birdwings lineups? as said on the wire “if your in the game your in the game” we all in the game adjust or get out

CSURam has his own model on FantasyLabs, why would he need Hoop2410 to run his lineup for him.

• joeycis

• Blogger of the Month

@Cincinnatibuck said...

CSURam has his own model on FantasyLabs, why would he need Hoop2410 to run his lineup for him.

I think he meant “run” as in “uses his lineup”.

• rupert822

Agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread. Want to add that I think Fanduel is behaving with way too much hubris here- they are barely removed from a nearly industry killing legal battle and need to be above even the appearance of impropriety at this point, much less partnering with it.

• MrMadness001

Honestly it doesn’t appear to me FD or any of the other DFS sites are actually affiliates. Just looks like a fancy cosmetic work up of the site with logos and links to each website. There tons of lineup sellers out there with sites just like AC Karma. The thing I find pretty ballsy is the guys running the logos, especially when running trains in single entry cash games. I mean you are basically saying we all buy this guys lineup and we don’t give a fuck if you know nor do we care, as long as we win the money. Regardless if that means it’s a 100 person tie or not. Pretty fucking dumb if you ask me.

• jokerswild22

Anyone can become an affiliate. It’s an automated process.

• Yahoo302

@Cincinnatibuck said...

CSURAM88 does not use his “model” to make his lineups.
    If you think he does, well, your pretty gullible..

• Cincinnatibuck

@Yahoo said...

CSURAM88 does not use his “model” to make his lineups.
    If you think he does, well, your pretty gullible..

You know this how? I don’t check his lineups every night to determine if he used his model or not. I know he’s used his own model in PGA in the past, he’s posted videos on Youtube on how he constructed his winning lineups.

• BmoreClutch

It’s common sense. What would CSURAM88 or any other pro gain by giving out their exact model?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.