TOOLS FORUM

Comments

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

We’re pleased to announce that our FanDuel extension for Chrome now supports automated lineup entry! If you haven’t installed it yet, you can do so “here”: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rotogrinders-fanduel-tool/felhhccenjfgepphdanniaeclbjhklca

Entering multiple lineups on FanDuel works much like it does with our DraftKings Extension. The main difference is that you have to select the contest you wish to enter. Once on that contest’s lineup creation page, there will be a “RotoGrinders Import” link that you can click to start the import process.

You can upload a csv exported from the RG Lineup Builder or your own csv provided it has the same format. The extension will do its best to detect any name mismatches and provide you with alternatives. Uploading a csv enters those lineups into the contest you are currently viewing.

Take it for a spin and let us know what you think. Per FanDuel’s terms, this extension is allowed to automate bulk entering of lineups, however automated withdrawal and editing are currently prohibited.

Notes:

*You may have to go to chrome://extensions and manually update the extension (version 2.3)

*The Firefox version of the extension should have this feature in the next 1-2 weeks.

*See @Riley’s post learn more about the DraftKings version of the extension

• lilprog

• Blogger of the Month

Blogger of the Month

nice work slim!

• Dallas0827

Works great! thank you sir.

• rsigler65

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

Awesome! Just used it for 50 LU’s and worked perfectly. However…I guess I’m either missing something or stating the obvious, but if all you can do is use the extension for bulk entering ‘new’ contests, I don’t see any benefit. For me, even in baseball, setting lineups too early is not a winning proposition. I always wait until all the information comes out (like starting LU’s!) and then enter lineups on Fanduel. Obviously the GPP tournaments would be full if I tried to use this tool with that process. Might the tool be able to overwrite dummy lineups, or is Fanduel saying that’s a “no-no”?

• topscout

I watched the video and still have a few issues when trying it
    Does it only work for GPP? in other words you cant enter all the open 50/50 contests its just for multi entry to gpp?

Also when i saved my 10 lineups to saved lineups 1 i went back next time and Favorited some other guys and did saved lineups 2

However when i uploaded saved lineups 2 it had saved lineups 1 added to it so i now had 2x as many lineups as i wanted.

Also does it work for any other sports?

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

@topscout, yes this tool is primarily for entering multiple (different) lineups into a single contest (so it’s intentional that the CSV contains multiple lineups). It works with all sports as long as you have a CSV with names of players in the order they appear on a daily fantasy roster for that given sport.

@rsigler65, FD does not currently allow automatic editing of lineups, so this tool is more useful for people who want to enter starter/filler lineups based on initial research and information. As news changes, you will still want to go in and make edits to your teams. Since DK does allow bulk editing, our DK version of this tool will facilitate this process. (You could, for example, have several backup CSV files pre-generated and ready for different scenarios of news items that may break during the day, and bulk replace a set of lineups in a contest with one of your pre-generated sets after the news breaks.)

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

Should not be allowed IMO, but at least since it is now everyone has access to it.

• topscout

Riley thanks..How do you use it for CFB with the rotogrinder lineup builder or do you mean build your own csv?

• BBROCK

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

When I generate my lineups in the ‘Lineup Builder’ and select Lineups CSV, all that comes up is a blank excel sheet. How can I fix that?

• srolleDFS

thanks! love it!

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

@bbrock, you must favorite a few lineups that you want to export first.

• topscout

this is cfb message Player projections and salaries are currently unavailable. Please check back soon

• chiefgooden1

Wow, Thanks slim!!! I was entering 500 lineups the old fashion way which could take 4 hours! This is a MAJOR Time saver!!!!!! yeahhhhhhh boys!

• topscout

Can you use RG builder to make and save CFB or NFL teams on a file?

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

@topscout said...

Can you use RG builder to make and save CFB or NFL teams on a file?

We don’t currently support CFB, but that is coming soon this season. Lineup builder will also support NFL this season. That will be ready when our projections are live.

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion
    • 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

RG Season Long Champion: NFL

Welp, that couldn’t have been any easier. – Thanks yet again Nick & co.!

• topscout

It quit working..on FD mlb tournies the option to enter RG import is gone

• realdeals

I just downloaded for the 1st time 30 min ago and the RG import is there…

• topscout

i had to go back and update and give permissions again

• CrazyGabey

I need a script that makes my craft coffee for me. Any progress on that?

• stucker28

Is their a video tutorial for the scripter for fanduel?

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

Blogger of the Month

Well done!

• MrCalzone

How do you set a new team?

When I enter – the first row imports properly but the second row (my 2nd team) doesn’t. How do I fix this?

• TheGreatPSalant

@Riley How would you target specific entries to edit with the DK tool? For example, if I had 100 different lineups entered in a multi-entry double up, and another 100 different lineups entered in a GPP (total of 200 unique lineups) and I only wanted to edit my GPP lineups with a new 100-row CSV file, how could I do that? From what I’ve seen, the DK tool does an excellent job entering lineups, but with no regard to the contest or any specific entry/entries. The only use case I’ve been able to run with the DK tool has been for initial lineup entry, prior to submitting them into any contest.

• footballfplyer55567

nicslim – are both of these working for dk and fd for mac?

I saw some other chrome extensions having issues for players in mac so I wanted to make sure before I dug in. Thanks!

• CatheGreat

This script is amazing thanks for your hard work making our efforts importing multiple lineups easier!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.