MAIN FORUM

Comments

• drewcrawford03

• 2019 FanDuel FantaSea Finalist

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Was scheduled for this Thursday-Sunday in LA. Imagine.

• madmanjayWV

Do we have a grandiose statement from FANDUEL?

Just get it in an email?

Coronavirus, eh, perhaps?

• drewcrawford03

• 2019 FanDuel FantaSea Finalist

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@madmanjayWV said...

Do we have a grandiose statement from FANDUEL?

Just get it in an email?

Coronavirus, eh, perhaps?

Yup, finalists were emailed. Coronavirus panic. Insane.

• fightingjohn

This is getting stupid and out of control

• SkateFiend

And yet every Starbucks and bobo shop around me remain open, and the elderly Asians continue to frequent Mcdonalds and extend the senior priced coffee and macmuffins. Disneyland, yeah I don’t think that place will be closing.

• wolfjb1

Did they cancel it or are the qualifiers gonna just play it online only?

I can see where a qualifier would be pissed about losing the trip and the amazing experience, the perks, etc., but it seems like winning the GPP is the main thing, right?

Admittedly, I’m a fish who has never come remotely close to qualifying for a live final, so definitely tell me if I’m wrong that the GPP and money isn’t the main thing.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Absolutely the right thing to do. Imagine one of the qualifiers getting on a plane and catching this thing. FD can’t have that. Must have moved to online tourney.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@SkateFiend said...

And yet every Starbucks and bobo shop around me remain open, and the elderly Asians continue to frequent Mcdonalds and extend the senior priced coffee and macmuffins. Disneyland, yeah I don’t think that place will be closing.

You might want to reconsider that prediction. The US has been behind in testing compared with other 1st world countries. Peak infection if the current diagnosis situation/lack of planning continues wont hit until summer. Let’s hope THAT doesnt occur. Add to that fact the US is seriously lacking in actual hospital beds per capita when compared with other 1st world countries. Also factor in US leadership ( I won’t name names) REFUSED readily available test kits from the World Healh Organization.

Don’t believe me? Consider this FACTUAL information based on FACTS and not feelings: “if Covid-19 were simply allowed to continue through the population unchecked, at the peak (before each infectee could no longer find 2.2 uninfected hosts to transmit to when the pandemic would naturally begin to slow), there would be 100 million or more active cases in a single week. Of these, 5 million could require hospitalization for respiratory complications. There are around 900,000 hospital beds in the US but only about 500,000 available ones at any given moment, and approximately 170,000 ventilators. [Sources: Statistica Hospital beds number U.S. 1975-2017 | Statista, Wunsch et al, Critical Care Medicine, ICU Occupancy and mechanical ventilator use in the United States].

At the point at which 4,500,000 patients needing critical care did not receive them, it is reasonable to assume that the serious case fatality risk of 14% (0.7% divided by 5% or roughly 1 in 6-7 serious cases dying) would quickly grow very close to 100%. Therefore, an uncontrolled epidemic could kill close to 4-5 million people in the US without significant attempts to stagger the rate at which transmissions occur so that serious cases can all receive hospital care.” https://seekingalpha.com/article/4331167-corona-bear

Granted, this is if the virus goes UNCHECKED in the US, which we can assume won’t happen. A certain someone refusing WHO test kits has really hampered diagnosis in a timely fashion as we are now relying on the CDC to develop test kits from scratch and has made matters much worse than they needed to become.

And by the way, the virus doesnt discriminate by race. So your racist Asian comment is laughable.

So no, I dont think Fanduel is over reacting in the slightest. And yes, you will probably see Disneyland closing in the very near future. They are doing their part to help mitigate the spread of the virus, as we should all be doing at this point.

• chronoxiong

This is out of hand guys. Seriously.

• lpdev

@thedude404 said...

Consider this FACTUAL information based on FACTS

Lol…you are citing seekingalpha.com and stating that the stuff you post is facts. There are very few facts and a lot of presumption in what you posted.

• lpdev

@SkateFiend said...

Disneyland, yeah I don’t think that place will be closing.

I think it will…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/disneyland-will-close-in-the-wake-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak-in-california/ar-BB11766J?li=BBnb7Kz

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

The last thing I heard from FanDuel about the WFBBC was that they canceled the trip portion where everyone was going to fly out to LA for a few days. That portion they canceled and everyone that won a seat would play from home. Now that the season is postponed, no telling when it’s going to be.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@lpdev said...

Lol…you are citing seekingalpha.com and stating that the stuff you post is facts. There are very few facts and a lot of presumption in what you posted.

It is a fact that WHO testing kits were prevented from reaching the US by this administration. It is a fact that the US is seriously lagging other first world countries in hospital beds per capita. And it is a fact that to date, testing kits are not readily available, contrary to the lies spread by this administration. It is also a fact that up until today everyone that wanted to be tested could not be tested. There have been very few people tested in the US.

The only thing that can be disputed from the section of the article i copied is how the death numbers were extrapolated from the accurate data provided. The point was, however, that if the virus goes unchecked the US could have a major problem on its hands.

• lpdev

@thedude404 said...

It is a fact that WHO testing kits were prevented from reaching the US by this administration. It is a fact that the US is seriously lagging other first world countries in hospital beds per capita. And it is a fact that to date, testing kits are not readily available, contrary to the lies spread by this administration. It is also a fact that up until today everyone that wanted to be tested could not be tested. There have been very few people tested in the US.

The only thing that can be disputed from the section of the article i copied is how the death numbers were extrapolated from the accurate data provided. The point was, however, that if the virus goes unchecked the US could have a major problem on its hands.

I agree with everything you said here 100%. The section you copied after stating ‘consider this factual information based on facts’ was loosely based on some facts but the information itself was not factual (nor did it claim to be). It’s a hypothetical scenario played out based heavily on assumptions and excluding many factors from consideration. I think the numbers picked might be a bit extreme to overemphasize the point. But I do agree that we need to take these kind of measures to slow the spread because limited medical resources and having to choose who gets treated will be a huge problem if we don’t.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).