CBB FORUM

Comments

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I probably could go back to each of the last 3 years and just bump the post I made, but I’ll just make a new one.

Are you guys ever going to give a damn about CBB? It’s ridiculous how small the GPP’s are and they are all filling early. Show some damn effort please instead of continuing to recycle the same awful guarantees. If anything, you are pushing people away who see the guarantees and figure trying to research/learn CBB isn’t worth their time. Not to mention all the regulars like myself who would add additional entries as the guarantees increase.

At least Draftkings has a $5k guarantee at the same price point tonight. That contest is currently 1/3rd of the way full and will fill before lock, which shows the interest is there. Fanduel has only a $2k that is over half full already. I literally have to lock my entries in the night before for fear of getting locked out. I typically do get locked out on weekends when the game slates aren’t posted until early in the morning.

• theoddsmaker

It is so bad. Repurposing my post from last night in the 12/6 thread:

Fan duel contests for tmw are pretty much full already
    #LetUsPlay !
    Will we get to 5 alley “oops” tmw?
    I don’t care if there are some -20 games, people are going to want to play this slate tomorrow no need for the $25 GPP to be 91 man and $100 11 man as always the bare minimum

• CBassXU

As usual I’ll come in here and second this. DraftKings has been much more aggressive with their prize pools all year and they fill a majority of the time and at a minimum they don’t eat anything with the little overlay they do have.

My only other minor complaint is asking if we can revert back to the bigger $25 double ups, I’m pretty sure they were filling and I absolutely hate the 11 man double up (this complaint can also be directed at DK as well)

Game selection and pricing has gotten to be pretty great overall, now we just need to increase the GPP’s at least slightly.

• MrFantasy

@Stewburtx8 said...

you are pushing people away who see the guarantees and figure trying to research/learn CBB isn’t worth their time

Basically this. I dont play CBB because why should I when there is very little money to be made in comparison to NBA. I agree with many of the points you made

• aka_the_goat

I would love to play more CBB but the money just isn’t there for me to do so. It’s difficult to get more than $500 of cash game action in a particular slate and even then you’re going for a swim in the shark tank. The $300+ GPPs are a joke; there simply isn’t enough action to justify the time.

• DCoop328

Honestly from a low dollar stand point the 1$ 1724 man CBB Press has filled by noon every week day of this whole season. They could easily double or triple the size of it.

The 5$ Steal fills every single day usually by the time I wake up in the morning so I have to make sure to reserve my spot over night.

The 25$ Alley Oop fills a bit later usually by 3 or 4 if it is a 7pm start but they could easily 1.5-2x the prize pool and it would easily fill.

They honestly have not even been posting high dollar GPPs recently or maybe Im just not seeing them because they are filling before I check IDK. I try to get 75-100$ of GPP Action with my 1 Team and I end up having to put it multiple times into the 400 man 5$ Steal which is not optimal.

Just makes me so mad that they could easily be running a 1200man Steal and it would fill just the same instead of having the 400man Steal 100man Steal 2, 55 man Steel 3, 55 man Steal 4, 55 man Steal 5, 20 man Steal 6…

• theoddsmaker

@DCoop328 said...

Just makes me so mad that they could easily be running a 1200man Steal and it would fill just the same instead of having the 400man Steal 100man Steal 2, 55 man Steel 3, 55 man Steal 4, 55 man Steal 5, 20 man Steal 6…

Trying out my joke out again….here we go:

$25 $2K Mon Alley “Oops” #5 ($2K Guaranteed)

You know…because they repeatedly mess up by making it too small and have to make several of them throughout the day….and it’s called Alley Oop…..alright I’ll see myself out this time

• aka_the_goat

In both hockey and CFB DK is able to fill 80-100 man $300 GPPs. They don’t even have a $300 entry tournament tonight, they have a $200 and there are only 11 spots. Oh did I mention they have filled six of them before noon?

• mblaylock10

Agree with everything being said here. Honestly, I just don’t think they care about it. To them I think it’s just a tiny portion of DFS that brings them a low percentage of their profit. And that’s how they look at it. And that’s all they care about.

IMO, they should be trying to grow interest by improving the product. But they just do not.

I personally prefer both CBB and CFB to the professional counterparts when it comes to DFS (though I play both) And to me Fanduel just misses the mark with CBB. Rather it’s the small slates, small GPP’s, or both. And their CFB isn’t that much better.

I was looking forward to playing the nine game All Day CFB slate on there this weekend but then I looked at the GPP’s they were ridiculously small for the All Day slate. Instead they put the large GPP’S in both the Early and Late slates like it was a regular week of CFB. Not Championship week.

Where as Draftkings actually did it right and created their large GPP’s on the All Day slate.

It’s like Fanduel just doesn’t get it, care about it, or both. In fact since I switched over to playing mostly Draftkings, I rarely now go back to Fanduel. And when I do I’m just disappointed. Rather it’s the awful interface, small GPP’s, limited options, or bad payout structure.

Draftkings is just so far ahead of Fanduel in quite every category for me now.

And I don’t even like the late swap option.

• dwbuz

Last year they did a really poor job early in the year. Everything was too big and didn’t fill. I think this year we have seen an increase of players early in the season. The bank should have 4 to 5 thousand entries every night with a 5+ game slate. The slates have improved from last year now the gpp size needs to increase.

• Stewburtx8

@CBassXU said...

My only other minor complaint is asking if we can revert back to the bigger $25 double ups, I’m pretty sure they were filling and I absolutely hate the 11 man double up (this complaint can also be directed at DK as well)

I was mainly talking about GPP’s in terms of the Alley Oop, Steal, etc, but this is a good point as well. I would love to play CBB cash games but it’s just not very feasible right now. I still try occasionally but not very often. All the double ups on both sites are ridiculously small and occupied by the same regulars. Since I’m already playing against all those same regulars in GPP’s, I choose to just stick with that route and the upside it provides.

If the cash games were larger and not just the same group of people (see the RG CBB Top 25 leaderboard plus Sox22), I would certainly enter all of them. I just don’t want to allocate $200+ or more every night in cash games against the same people and essentially trade rake.

• Stewburtx8

@DCoop328 said...

The 25$ Alley Oop fills a bit later usually by 3 or 4 if it is a 7pm start but they could easily 1.5-2x the prize pool and it would easily fill.

Right. And the argument I have always made to them is that they don’t even necessarily need many more people to play to fill those larger guarantees. For example, in a $2k guaranteed, I cannot justify entering more than 1-2 times. The upside is only $400 for first.

But if that contest was even $5k, with $1k for first, now I’d be more inclined to enter 3-4 times. If it was $10k with $2k to first, now I’d enter maybe 4-5 times…and so on. I am sure there are a ton of regular CBB players that would do the same. Look at Sox22……he entered the $25 FD contest 3 times while entering the $27 DK contest 6 times.

• CBassXU

@Stewburtx8 said...

Right. And the argument I have always made to them is that they don’t even necessarily need many more people to play to fill those larger guarantees. For example, in a $2k guaranteed, I cannot justify entering more than 1-2 times. The upside is only $400 for first.

But if that contest was even $5k, with $1k for first, now I’d be more inclined to enter 3-4 times. If it was $10k with $2k to first, now I’d enter maybe 4-5 times…and so on. I am sure there are a ton of regular CBB players that would do the same. Look at Sox22……he entered the $25 FD contest 3 times while entering the $27 DK contest 6 times.

This is exactly a point I meant to make earlier as well. I also am playing 3 on FD and 6 on DK. I wouldn’t hesitate to play 6 on FD if the prize pool allowed for it to make sense for me to do so.

• ajump08

FD, please look at this thread. There’s is serious desire for CBB and you guys are really letting your customers down.

• Stewburtx8

@ajump08 said...

FD, please look at this thread. There’s is serious desire for CBB and you guys are really letting your customers down.

I passed it along to the one FD rep I use to discuss their CBB product with, but I haven’t seen him around in awhile, so who knows if he still works there…

I would suggest sending this thread to FD support and asking them to please pass it along to their Product Operations team. Be nice if you could just email them directly and not have to bother support. I feel like neither site has reps who spend much time responding to threads on here anymore, which is unfortunate.

• stats99tuff

part of the reason i play so spotty is that prize pool is a joke… i rather give my $2.00 to NHL… I CAN’T EVEN NAME 10 PLAYERS IN THE NHL….

• Stewburtx8

Well Fanduel at least stepped up with some better guarantees tomorrow. Draftkings still larger at the $27 level but Fanduel much more acceptable across the board.

• CBassXU

Yup definitely an improvement. Good to see some double-ups increase in size a little bit too.

• Stewburtx8

@CBassXU said...

Yup definitely an improvement. Good to see some double-ups increase in size a little bit too.

Yeah I saw that. I actually played some tonight. Fanduel’s pricing has been pretty good this year as well.

• CBassXU

@Stewburtx8 said...

Yeah I saw that. I actually played some tonight. Fanduel’s pricing has been pretty good this year as well.

Ya I know a lot of people like the softer DK this year but I’m kind of tired of seeing people 50%+ owned in the $27 and $3 GPPs (or 80% in the higher dollar and cash games)

While building a lineup can get a little more frustrating with the tighter and sharper salaries I definitely prefer it that way.

• Stewburtx8

@CBassXU said...

Ya I know a lot of people like the softer DK this year but I’m kind of tired of seeing people 50%+ owned in the $27 and $3 GPPs (or 80% in the higher dollar and cash games)

While building a lineup can get a little more frustrating with the tighter and sharper salaries I definitely prefer it that way.

Definitely agree. I hate DK’s pricing right now. Too many “underpriced” guys in the $5k-7k range. Lineup building just comes down to plugging in 4-5 of those guys, 1-2 punt plays under $5k hoping to get 15-20 points, and then 1-2 studs over $7500-8k. It just leads to a lot of overlap. GPP’s are won based on avoiding one or two land mines and hitting on the right stud or two (and/or punt play that gets 25+).

Fanduel’s pricing has really forced me to make decisions at each level (cheap guys, middle priced guys, and studs).

Or maybe I’m just being results oriented and need to figure out a “better” way on DK as I’ve had plenty of success on FD so far and very little on DK.

• adnoble

So hard to get newer people to join when first place only pays a few hundred dollars… People don’t really get super excited about that.

• Stewburtx8

@adnoble said...

So hard to get newer people to join when first place only pays a few hundred dollars… People don’t really get super excited about that.

Yep, and the GPP’s fell a little short yesterday and they are immediately cut by 33-40%. I really think they should focus on growing 1-2 GPP’s rather than having so many GPP’s at every price point ($1, $2, $5, $10, $25, $100, $300). CBB is not big enough for that. They should focus on the $2, $25, and/or $100 price points for growth, and maybe even do away with all the other GPP’s.

Are single entry contests really needed for CBB when the biggest player in the game is running 4-6 teams maximum in the $25 GPP?

• CBassXU

@Stewburtx8 said...

Yep, and the GPP’s fell a little short yesterday and they are immediately cut by 33-40%. I really think they should focus on growing 1-2 GPP’s rather than having so many GPP’s at every price point ($1, $2, $5, $10, $25, $100, $300). CBB is not big enough for that. They should focus on the $2, $25, and/or $100 price points for growth, and maybe even do away with all the other GPP’s.

Are single entry contests really needed for CBB when the biggest player in the game is running 4-6 teams maximum in the $25 GPP?

Ya I would completely be ok with them axing the $5 and $10 GPPs, the prize pools in them aren’t enough to draw people in and theoretically that could drive more in the $2 and $25

• Greenmonstah

I prefer they keep the single tourneys, but sure would like to see an increase in the alley-oop to at least 5K, as it’s almost full now, with 6.5 hours to go before tip.

• DCoop328

Really sucks that the contests did not fill yesterday. I guess the sites are right and we are wrong. I don’t know where to go from here.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).