Comments

• 3rdDFS

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #22

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Was wondering if someone from Fanduel could chime in. I join a guaranteed 8 person $1,065 before about 30 minutes before rosters lock. I look at my upcoming games about 5 minutes later and it was only a 6 person. I was the fifth entry into the contest. Here is a link to the contest https://www.fanduel.com/contest/14016831/scoring/lineup/202001401. I don’t think I have ever seen this before and was more confused than anything. Hoop said the same thing happened to him yesterday and support denied it happening.

Thanks,

Bryce.

• DillingerFour

FD Rep - DFBMeeMee Champ (x2)

• Blogger of the Month

The last two days we’ve posted an 8 man and a 6 man. So at times there’s been one of each in the lobby. These haven’t been filling as often so we reduced the second offering. May have been confusing as we’ve been posting two 8 mans all season, but made the change to 8 and 6 two days ago.

• hrbrendan

“guaranteed”

• Putz

Were they changed/reduced after people entered as the OP implied?

• 3rdDFS

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #22

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

My apologies then, D4. I was almost certain it was an 8 man, but I was rushing some and may have made a mistake.

• JHols1nger

Pretty amazed that there’s a guy with 21 MLB wins since 2012 in a 1k 50-50.

• Putz

@JHols1nger said...

Baller!

• sethayates

@JHols1nger said...

If he only plays $1K games that’s $42K!!!!

• soonerdawg

@sethayates said...

If he only plays $1K games that’s $42K!!!!

probably a woman

• hoop2410

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@DillingerFour said...

The last two days we’ve posted an 8 man and a 6 man. So at times there’s been one of each in the lobby. These haven’t been filling as often so we reduced the second offering. May have been confusing as we’ve been posting two 8 mans all season, but made the change to 8 and 6 two days ago.

This is completely false…. I noticed the same change yesterday and emailed support and they denied it. On both days, FanDuel posted (2) $1,065 50-50’s as it got closer to lock time (1) of the 50-50’s was changed from an 8-man to a 6-man.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

These are not the contests you are looking for *waves hand.

• nymjjb

if this is true they got some explainin to do

• 3rdDFS

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #22

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

Didn’t make a mistake, I guess.

• hoop2410

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@3rdAndSchlong said...

Didn’t make a mistake, I guess.

No mistake my friend, very unfortunate situation that needs to be explained…

• soonerdawg

if this is true i guess i busted out about the right time…..will see how this plays out before i make further donations (not that i play those stakes, but still…..)

• mckaygod

crickets

• Bootlegger

Schlong will eat you up in NFL H2H. Seeks the low wins.. ;) Just logging back in…

• scottmsteiner

First World problems

• blackcloud420

Can we get a response to this? I hope to be at this buy in level one day so this matters to me. This is mad shady.

• tipandpick

• 2014 FAFC Champion

@hoop2410 said...

This is completely false…. I noticed the same change yesterday and emailed support and they denied it. On both days, FanDuel posted (2) $1,065 50-50’s as it got closer to lock time (1) of the 50-50’s was changed from an 8-man to a 6-man.

If Hoop’s/Schlong’s allegations are true, FD needs to jump in here and clarify NOW before the tin-foil hat guys take over and create a bigger problem. These guys are not nickel-and-dime newbs making these allegations—they’re well-recognized players, who likely aren’t entering $1065 contests without knowing how many people the contest was designed for…

Surely a company with a $1B+ valuation isn’t skirting UIGEA laws over a thousand bucks?

• einars

@hoop2410 said...

On both days, FanDuel posted (2) $1,065 50-50’s as it got closer to lock time (1) of the 50-50’s was changed from an 8-man to a 6-man.

if true, this is totally illegal. A defining part of the law that makes these contests legal is the predefined prize pool. seems doubtful that they would knowingly do this (glitch maybe….i guess..i hope?) because it would hardly be worth risking the integrity of their product for 2K.

• einars

@scottmsteiner said...

First World problems

if this is true it is a “every single DFS player” problem

• einars

@tipandpick said...

Surely a company with a $1B+ valuation isn’t skirting UIGEA laws over a thousand bucks?

exactly…seems insane they would do this on purpose. but as you said, this isnt the usual group of tin foil crazies.

• waiverwire

Wanted to give a quick update on this.

Obviously, we’re not changing size of these after publishing in order to potentially save a few thousand dollars.

The contests were created by making copies of the 8 person contests from a previous day and changing them to 6 person BEFORE publishing them. That means that they wouldn’t appear in the lobby as an 8 person contest at all.

We’re investigating whether there is any way that either our lobby could have cached some info and displayed these as 8 person initially, or whether a third party tool (such as the RG lobby add-on) could have directly accessed the contests prior to their being posted and continued showing the incorrect information even after they were published. Because the report is coming from two different highly experienced users regarding the same contest, we are taking it seriously.

• tipandpick

• 2014 FAFC Champion

@waiverwire said...

Obviously, we’re not changing size of these after publishing in order to potentially save a few thousand dollars.

The contests were created by making copies of the 8 person contests from a previous day and changing them to 6 person BEFORE publishing them. That means that they wouldn’t appear in the lobby as an 8 person contest at all.

We’re investigating whether there is any way that either our lobby could have cached some info and displayed these as 8 person initially, or whether a third party tool (such as the RG lobby add-on) could have directly accessed the contests prior to their being posted and continued showing the incorrect information even after they were published. Because the report is coming from two different highly experienced users regarding the same contest, we are taking it seriously.

Kudos for jumping in here and nipping this in the bud quickly. Nicely done.

• Putz

@waiverwire said...

Good response and possible cause of the display errors.

Did anyone get screen shots?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).