MAIN FORUM

Comments

• TheFFOracle

I noticed when looking at the NBA contests for opening night that FanDuel has a $1 single entry with a size of 11,764 while DraftKings is only 2,352. So I decided to look at NFL and found that FanDuel’s $1 single entry is 88,235 vs DraftKings 14,100.

Does FanDuel really have 5 times as many unique users as DraftKings or do people just not like playing single entry contests on DraftKings?

• boosted23

possible the large field probably already filled and wouldn’t show up in the lobby.

• Jcb890

@boosted23 said...

possible the large field probably already filled and wouldn’t show up in the lobby.

The 10/25 NBA large single-entry contest has already filled? Not possible. The $4 entry $1M Tipoff contest is @ 1431/294,100 as I write this.

My guess is that DK will see how this one fills and then add another larger one if the market dictates. I believe they did this for Week 1 of NFL season, it was surprising to see how small some of the larger tournaments were, but then they added some larger ones once they got an idea of the volume of players. I’m guessing the strategy for NBA opening night is the same.

• jecarl2

Bottom line DK doesnt want you playing single entry. Their single entry toruneys throughout the summer have been very small pools. The daily $5 single entry MLB contest filled hours before lock every day yet they never increased the size of it. Thats also why you see 15% rake on those contest, making you pay dearly to play them.

• mblaylock10

@jecarl2 said...

Bottom line DK doesnt want you playing single entry. Their single entry toruneys throughout the summer have been very small pools. The daily $5 single entry MLB contest filled hours before lock every day yet they never increased the size of it. Thats also why you see 15% rake on those contest, making you pay dearly to play them.

Bingo.

I love DK. However, this does concern me quite a bit. Notice how far you have to scroll down the contest lobby to find lower stake single entry tournaments. Almost as if they are ‘hiding’ single entry contests from new players on the site. I’m sure the method is that they want new players to become fixated with the concept of playing many more entries into these high top end cash heavy tournaments. Thus playing more money then they would if they just entered a single entry and called it a day.

To DK’s credit they do offer quite a bit of those 3 entry max tournaments and those are usually near the top of the lobby. These are my favorites.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

there were many, many times last season where DK didn’t even post a $5 single entry GPP for NBA. I would email and they would always oblige, which was cool… but they were always tiny, like 300 or so entries.

• KindGuy

Yea, DK has been moving away from Single entry GPPs and 50/50s for the past year. And it’s scary.

• KindGuy

@jecarl2 said...

Boom. Hit the nail right on the head. Any DK reps care to explain?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.