INDUSTRY FORUM

• clrockny24

Hello all,

What does everyone think about these contests? I play them a lot. They seem to have better odds than most gpps, if I did my math correctly. There is usually overlay, and the cashline seems lower than most gpps as well.

• zovyn

The $.05 and $.25 contests on FD have the lowest GPP cashlines that I’m aware of – runs ~30% whereas most large GPPs are in the 23-25% range. And yes, especially on the secondary/tertiary slates that have them, there is often enough overlay to push that 30% even a little higher.

If you’re low-risk/stakes and just play one lineup max-entering those tournaments can help build up a small bankroll. Problem is that it seems that most of the higher stakes players will also max enter them because of that profit margin. But odds are still better for everyone overall to cash. You’re not likely to get rich this way as the odds of hitting a big payout is as horribly small as they are for any other tournament, but it does minimize risk.

It’s certainly by design – smart business model that the entry level tourneys have higher payouts enticing you to raise your stakes. :)
    Definitely pay attention to the payout % and overlay when you select your contests. :)

• clrockny24

I’ve been making these my first choice when picking out a contests. I’m not kidding – I actually had one night last week where these cashed but a 5050 did not. The cashline in the 5050 was like 20 points higher as well

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).