INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• DermDerm

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

Hello,

We wanted to make you aware of a new feature we have implemented here at FanDuel. Beginning with contests starting on Monday, November 2nd, we have instituted the following contest limits:
    -500 entries per contest start time at any stakes fee at or below $10 for our NFL contests.
    -250 entries per contest start time at any stakes fee at or below $10 for each other sport (NBA, CFB, NHL, MLB, CBB).

Our maximum limit of 5000 entries per contest game start remains. To clarify, for NFL you may create a maximum of 5000 entries, but only 500 may be at the $10 stake level or below. These limits apply across all contest types. For example if you have 400 paid entries in $5 tournaments for one contest start time, you can only enter 100 other contests (H2H, multipliers, 50/50 or other tournaments) that have entry fees equal to or lower than $10 for that same contest start time.

Thank you,
    The FanDuel Team

- I’m with it, at least FD is starting to take steps in the right direction to keep pro’s from flooding all low buy-in contests.

• SRQ750

@Putz said...

Great points made about the significant jump from $10 to $25 entry fees. If there were a set of $12 $15 or $20 every level contests it would lessen the impact as well.

This has been a very healthy debate with great points made on both sides. I applaud you Putz for your well-reasoned argument, as well as dude_abides7 who took the other side of the argument.

• lbacker52

I thought that i was doing ok with 1 or 2 entries a day in the $1 or 2 range;winning enuf to keep playing but with 1800 entries,it is like playing the lottery !!

• srolleDFS

@dude_abides7 said...

I think the false assumption that the only people clamoring for change were all $50 depositors is where I disagree with what srolle is saying. I don’t fit that category, but he conveniently tries to put us all on the same bus.

no i didn’t. you claimed to speak for most everyone here in your post. go read what you wrote. and then go read what i wrote. but you dont speak for most everyone. you only speak for yourself. whether that is driven more by your ideals of a more perfect dfs industry or by jealousy, only you truly know, i dont want to speculate.

the industry has grown MUCH faster than high volume players. no one even approaches the percentage of total volume that condia was back in your golden days. fanduel is not doing this for you. they are doing it for all the new players. new players that think the game is rigged, because of smoke and mirrors allegations that some old and bitter trolls hyped up until it got picked up by the new york times and then the world. but the game was never rigged. and its still going to be hard as ever to beat.

• dude_abides7

@SRQ750 said...

This has been a very healthy debate with great points made on both sides. I applaud you Putz for your well-reasoned argument, as well as dude_abides7 who took the other side of the argument.

I actually sympathize and agree with Putz’s (and TheSiege’s) beef with this new rule. My only difference is that I’m OK they did this in an effort to produce a “start line” for additional amending. The players that play $10 as a staple certainly are now adversely affected if this move indeed forces them to push their action to $25. That’s a 250% increase and represents what I think was an unintended by-product of this new measure.

Where I differ in the argument is that I STILL see this as a great first step by a company who has neglected, over and over, to take that first step on behalf of the other 98% of their user base. So where as I can certainly understand Putz’s issue I still believe this move needs to be supported.

In the end, I am hoping that FD tweaks this measure to mitigate the unintended adverse effect this change has on those who I feel were not the intended target of this new policy.

• SRQ750

@dude_abides7 said...

I actually sympathize and agree with Putz’s (and TheSiege’s) beef with this new rule. My only difference is that I’m OK they did this in an effort to produce a “start line” for additional amending. The players that play $10 as a staple certainly are now adversely affected if this move indeed forces them to push their action to $25. That’s a 250% increase and represents what I think was an unintended by-product of this new measure.

Where I differ in the argument is that I STILL see this as a great first step by a company who has neglected, over and over, to take that first step on behalf of the other 98% of their user base. So where as I can certainly understand Putz’s issue I still believe this move needs to be supported.

In the end, I am hoping that FD tweaks this measure to mitigate the unintended adverse effect this change has on those who I feel were not the intended target of this new policy.

I agree with everything you said.

I didn’t think this would affect me since I’m playing 300-600 ($1-$5 50/50s) games per slate among the 4 slates. However, as of right now “Sunday Only” slate or “Sunday 1PM Only” hasn’t been posted. The 1PM Only was less popular, but I’m surprised the Sunday Only games haven’t been posted yet.

• dude_abides7

@srolleDFS said...

no i didn’t. you claimed to speak for most everyone here in your post. go read what you wrote. and then go read what i wrote. but you dont speak for most everyone. you only speak for yourself. whether that is driven more by your ideals of a more perfect dfs industry or by jealousy, only you truly know, i dont want to speculate.

the industry has grown MUCH faster than high volume players. no one even approaches the percentage of total volume that condia was back in your golden days. fanduel is not doing this for you. they are doing it for all the new players. new players that think the game is rigged, because of smoke and mirrors allegations that some old and bitter trolls hyped up until it got picked up by the new york times and then the world. but the game was never rigged. and its still going to be hard as ever to beat.

Ah…well see, that is where you are wrong sir. You are “speculating” when you make overgeneralized comments that the people who are “whining and complaining” are simply doing so because they are losing DFS players. You are wrong…plain and simple.

Yes, of course I don’t speak for everyone and I am clearly aware there are people that troll for the sake of trolling that bring no positive angle to discussions of this ilk.

Your 2nd paragraph – You are using language here that has not been promoted in this thread. No one here has claimed anything was “rigged”. Once again, you are letting YOUR anger and frustration as a high volume player being affected by scandle-gate get in the way of a truly productive argument about the direction of this FD move. You’re mad at trolls…we get it, but you’ll find none here.

If you want to make comments that are germane to the conversation…great. But what is the value of spitting out the same tired line that the industry is only doing this because trolls created an unfair stereotype about the industry that the media picked up on? You must feel the sites had no position in this matter? They were just innocent victims of a smear campaign? The blame is EVERYWHERE and the sites own their fair share of it. FD is reacting…yes. But for the first time that I can remember they are acting in a manner that WILL better this industry for the long run. That (IMHO) is undeniable.

Maybe this will prevent you srolle from being able to bukake a single GPP with 400 LU’s anymore. Sorry, if that is what you are mad about. If that is what you want…you still have draftkings.

• emac

Dearest FanDuel,

There are 17 games kicking off between 3:30 and 4:00pm this Saturday, of which 9-12 are completely playable and from major conferences.

Pretty please set up an Express/Turbo slate for this game set. You don’t have to go wild with the guaranteed tournaments, but the demand will be there for additional games (and rake opportunities) in the H2H, three mans and other smaller non-guaranteed leagues.

With fondest admiration,

A Mid-stakes Gamer

• petteytheft89

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #12

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@dude_abides7 said...

Ah…well see, that is where you are wrong sir. You are “speculating” when you make overgeneralized comments that the people who are “whining and complaining” are simply doing so because they are losing DFS players. You are wrong…plain and simple.

Yes, of course I don’t speak for everyone and I am clearly aware there are people that troll for the sake of trolling that bring no positive angle to discussions of this ilk.

Your 2nd paragraph – You are using language here that has not been promoted in this thread. No one here has claimed anything was “rigged”. Once again, you are letting YOUR anger and frustration as a high volume player being affected by scandle-gate get in the way of a truly productive argument about the direction of this FD move. You’re mad at trolls…we get it, but you’ll find none here.

If you want to make comments that are germane to the conversation…great. But what is the value of spitting out the same tired line that the industry is only doing this because trolls created an unfair stereotype about the industry that the media picked up on? You must feel the sites had no position in this matter? They were just innocent victims of a smear campaign? The blame is EVERYWHERE and the sites own their fair share of it. FD is reacting…yes. But for the first time that I can remember they are acting in a manner that WILL better this industry for the long run. That (IMHO) is undeniable.

Maybe this will prevent you srolle from being able to bukake a single GPP with 400 LU’s anymore. Sorry, if that is what you are mad about. If that is what you want…you still have draftkings.

This is just ridiculous. He says you’re putting words into his mouth before and your response? Put more words into his mouth. To top it off, for some reason you tell him he cannot put mass entries into GPPs as if that has any relevance to the conversation. That’s nothing more than a troll which is precisely the thing you said there would be none of. FWIW, I’m a high volume guy and I am not mad at these changes at all. I think they are good and I’m not even sure SRolle doesn’t feel the same way.

• SRQ750

@srolleDFS said...

FanDuel isn’t doing this for the new players. FanDuel is doing it to save their own asses as the biggest company in the industry and all the negative publicity, lawsuits, etc. they are facing. The little guy may benefit indirectly, but the Venture Capital firms that really own FanDuel couldn’t care less about the little guy barking and complaining.

• SRQ750

The $1, $2, and $5 cash games getting filled very slowly on FanDuel. Only the Main Slate and the Thursday-Monday slate have been posted.

I was skeptical with the argument the more “advanced” beginner or recreational player who plays more volume than a player who goes into a weekend with $50 in exposure being squeezed, but it appears I was wrong.

• srolleDFS

@dude_abides7 said...

where have you been? there have many posts complaining about not being able to beat dfs on these boards, and then prescribing fixes to limit other player’s ability to play the game. im not speculating. im reading what is written here. you seem like you post alot. do you read posts also?

and again, you dont read what i write before responding. i said fanduel is doing this because new players think dfs is rigged. not because people have claimed on rg that dfs is rigged. although many people have. but thats not the point. people have been claiming on rg that dfs wasnt fair since i started reading this forum.

and yes. many people have said that dfs is rigged. go read harry reid’s press release supporting the nevada ban. the fact that people at the sites were playing with “inside information”, even though they werent, was the basis of the scandal. this seems mind-numbingly obvious at this juncture

you’re really the only one making personal attacks. im sorry you have problems with my style of play. and given your tone, now im pretty sure you are jealous. but i guess thats ok. look forward to crushing you in the future.

and yes the industry is going through this crisis at this time because they let internet trolls control the narrative about their product.

on a side note. the suffix “-gate” is used to mean scandal. if you want to edit your post to remove “scandal-gate”, im cool with that.

given that we’ve been going back and forth, and you cant really seem to read a whole post to figure out what im saying before firing back. im not going to continue on with you after this. im more than happy to discuss anything, but given your personal insults and bias against reading comprehension, im done.

• srolleDFS

@SRQ750 said...

FanDuel isn’t doing this for the new players. FanDuel is doing it to save their own asses as the biggest company in the industry and all the negative publicity, lawsuits, etc. they are facing. The little guy may benefit indirectly, but the Venture Capital firms that really own FanDuel couldn’t care less about the little guy barking and complaining.

i agree with you 100%. i think its that next 10M-20M people they are hoping try playing over the next 2 years.

• Erocksya2

I hope this will get increased to 500 other sports and 1000 nfl. For people that play heads ups and double ups i filled my nba in no time yesterday at the 250 lvl.

• dude_abides7

@srolleDFS said...

and given your tone, now im pretty sure you are jealous. but i guess thats ok. look forward to crushing you in the future.

OH….Ok Ryazan. Glad to see you’ve picked up his torch on this forum. How many other productive threads do you plan on invading trying to break up intelligent discourse? Before you chimed in this was a peaceful thread where people who disagreed did so because they had an alternate opinion not because they were losers, jealous or any other BS reason you state.

You do nothing of value on this thread by continuing to complain about how DFS has been wronged. That is over now.Get over it. This is the now and these measures are the future (as least in regards to FD).

I too do not want to get in a pissing contest with you. Let’s keep it chill. But stop saying people (me) are jealous of you. I am not jealous of anyone. I don’t care how many LU’s you put in your contests. As long as you are playing within the rules…you’re aces in my opinion. But when the sites institute measures that are intended to create a more inclusive and transparent system please stop repeating the same old mantra.

I am completely aware that FD was forced into this by the realities of the past events. In the end, does that matter? I don’t care how they got there. I am just happy they are acting for once. Whether or not they were forced seems relevant to you, but not to the argument I am trying to make.

FYI: The term “gate” is used for everything nowadays and does not imply guilt or innocence. So I’ll leave my post just the way it is thank you.

• einars

@Erocksya2 said...

i filled my nba in no time yesterday at the 250 lvl.

i feel like that means that the limit is good. even with all the high volume players limited you had no trouble filling the max #

• dude_abides7

@SRQ750 said...

Of course…but if the net effect is the same then why not roll with it? I contend that in IN THE LONG RUN these type of changes will increase FD’s bottom line, not decrease. Yes, they may be simply protecting their collective asses now, but there is still a sound argument to be made that this will benefit their revenue position down the line and thus benefit the industry as a whole.

• soonerdawg

the moment somebody uses a Harry Reid quote to support their argument……they have lost

• Jup13

Obviously anyone who isn’t affected by this is going to be in favor of it, and that’s a much larger portion of the DFS community than those who are affected. It’s not surprising the overwhelming majority support it.

People who are affected will obviously adjust, but considering how many satellites are posted, and how many contests fill each week for CFB, 250 seems a little overboard there, especially for being a weekly sport like the NFL.

There were much better ways to go about this than the limit they put in. To be honest, just about anything would have been better. It begs the question why $10 was the magical cutoff point.

People complain about multi-entry GPPs a lot, but the bigger issue was always the monopolizing of small leagues by the same people. That could have been solved without this measure being taken.

At the end of the day, sharks gonna shark. You’re just filing down their teeth a little.

• yeahthisiscuddy

@theseige said...

My point is why are we attacking the low stakes guys, what have they done to deserve this, take out the Sharks playing the high and low at massive volume and see what it does… This feels like a drastic overreaction

Also if they took our the $10 level out of this equation I’d be singing a different tune… But $10 to $25 is a huge leap when you scale it out

If you’re entering >250 contests per slate, you’re not a low stakes player. Please stop fooling yourself.

• inandoutthenleavem

This ^

• poppaspicks

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@dude_abides7 said...

I also don’t “spray and play” with 200 unique LU’s just to see myself near the top of the GPP standing while eating away all my ROI on useless dead lineups only submitted for covering the bases.

Yeah, I’m sure someone is entering 200 unique lineups to “cover the bases” or to see themselves near the top of the leaderboard. I mean that’s the goal right? Amazing the volume of idiotic comments people make on these forums.

• Orfelia

It should be a lot lower than 500. I know a lot of people who have stopped playing now that the truth on how it’s stacked towards mega-lineup entrants is being revealed. Can’t wait to see what else comes out.

• ekemalakers

I’ve been playing DFS for just two months now and was about ready to give it up until I read this. I played an $5(!) NBA 50/50 on Monday night, scored 260 points a finished well out of the money. You had to score 305 points and there were nearly 10,000 entries. I may stick with it awhile longer if DK adopts a similar policy.

• mchin1027

I wish this limit was for cash games, and not the huge field GPPs. So many people here bash multi-entry but the vast majority of them have no idea just how difficult it is to create and manage 500 lineups.

I’ve been slowly ramping up my volume this season, and now no longer have the ability to throw more entries in the $1/$2 GPPs if there’s overlay right before the lock.

Oh well, I guess playing $1k a week makes me a shark

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@dude_abides7 said...

Where I differ in the argument is that I STILL see this as a great first step by a company who has neglected, over and over, to take that first step on behalf of the other 98% of their user base.

Don’t think I ever disagreed with this… I’m with you i just think the tweaks to the system need to happen sooner rather than later

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.