INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• DermDerm

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

Hello,

We wanted to make you aware of a new feature we have implemented here at FanDuel. Beginning with contests starting on Monday, November 2nd, we have instituted the following contest limits:
    -500 entries per contest start time at any stakes fee at or below $10 for our NFL contests.
    -250 entries per contest start time at any stakes fee at or below $10 for each other sport (NBA, CFB, NHL, MLB, CBB).

Our maximum limit of 5000 entries per contest game start remains. To clarify, for NFL you may create a maximum of 5000 entries, but only 500 may be at the $10 stake level or below. These limits apply across all contest types. For example if you have 400 paid entries in $5 tournaments for one contest start time, you can only enter 100 other contests (H2H, multipliers, 50/50 or other tournaments) that have entry fees equal to or lower than $10 for that same contest start time.

Thank you,
    The FanDuel Team

- I’m with it, at least FD is starting to take steps in the right direction to keep pro’s from flooding all low buy-in contests.

• srolleDFS

@FunkyColdModella said...

You’ve been giving it to others when they remark about data leaks, scripting, etc…….. can’t take it as good as you give it?

ill vouch that putz can take it. he’s my favorite person to go back and forth with on this board.

• FunkyColdModella

@srolleDFS said...

lol. i was thinking the same thing.

society isnt a game. when you choose participate in a game you accepting the rules of the game, and you expect all other play to follow the rules too. if you play a 500 max entry, and doesnt expect your opponents to choose their strategy within the entire range of actions allowed by the rules, thats really on you, not the other players. you can’t play a game, while not accepting the rule set of the game.

My post was in reference to operating within the rules and if you do so, you’re not immoral by your assertion. If you can’t see how my analogy was applicable, I don’t know what else to say to you.

Also, apparently Fan Duel decided the Rules needed tweaking to stop this from happening. Why do you think they did it, if not because they thought it wasn’t right?

• FunkyColdModella

@Putz said...

Cheating is one thing. Taking a reactionary approach when other solutions are more viable is poor decision making. Once again, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I do build really good lineups, but on any given day, someone will likely have a better one. Variance. Look it up.

So, you gonna play heads up in CFB? You telling someone about building better lineups is comical.

I don’t do CFB and the only thing comical in this thread is you not seeing your own hypocrisy.

You’re complaining about not being able to jump from $10 to $25 to put in enough lineups to overcome variance. Then you’d tell someone who complains about you entering 500 lineups in all the $2 GPP to ‘build better lineups’. That’s ROFL material there.

So if you want to continue making the same bank, you either have to risk more to overcome variance or build better lineups.

• FunkyColdModella

Well, I’m out for the weekend fellas. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Good luck Putz and @scrolleDFS this weekend. I hope you guys clean up.

• AtGame7

@DermDerm said...

So you’re saying if you had their bankroll and a competitive edge over players you felt were inferior you wouldn’t be doing the exact same thing they’ve done? This isn’t about competition at the end of the day, it’s about cold hard cash. If you can make MORE money by flooding low entry fee contests why on earth would you pass that opportunity up, just so Joe Blow can win the money instead?

Excellent point. I don’t think the blame (if there is any) should be cast at the sharks for doing what is absolutely within the rules and best for their bankroll. Blaming them for the situation has never been my objective so I’ll apologize if it came off that way.

Why SHOULD they stay out of the kiddie pool? IMO, yes, it comes down to ethics, morals and the overall health of the DFS ecosystem. AssaniFisher who does the video blog for RG has said he doesn’t care about those things and I think that is probably the attitude of all the sharks. I’m not coming close to taking AssaniFisher out of context here so I hope the mods tolerate this post. He compared DFS now to the golden age of poker and made no mistake about what he is doing now and what he would do if he could go back in time to the Party Poker days.

SHOULD he have any morals or concern for the DFS ecosystem? I don’t know, I’m not the judge of such things. I do know that he has zero concern for those things (by his own words) and is only worried about getting as much as he can as fast as he can without a single thought as to what it does to the future of DFS.

Again, I don’t cast the blame on him, but if this is the attitude of the top players then YES, it is up to the sites to police such things the best they can for the good of the DFS community and it’s future.

I don’t think I’m exaggerating either based on what Putz is telling us. If he really can’t get 250 games (which is nothing in the big picture) on a CFB card that previously had several times that then I can only conclude the sharks were absolutely infesting them. That lends evidence to my point, I think.

The sharks were dumpster diving to get all they could for themselves without a care in the world what happens to the DFS community now or in the future. They were perfectly within the rules to do it and anyone thinking they would police themselves were foolish. The sites had to do it.

• Putz

@FunkyColdModella said...

I don’t do CFB and the only thing comical in this thread is you not seeing your own hypocrisy.

You’re complaining about not being able to jump from $10 to $25 to put in enough lineups to overcome variance. Then you’d tell someone who complains about you entering 500 lineups in all the $2 GPP to ‘build better lineups’. That’s ROFL material there.

So if you want to continue making the same bank, you either have to risk more to overcome variance or build better lineups.

The hypocrisy is your take that only certain groups should have “easy” opponents and your assumption that everyone good has large bankrolls is more comical.

Sounds more like you want me and others to build worse lineups so that you can achieve a higher ROI. Hugs for you.

• noonan99

250 seems to high. In NHL land this feels like you would be able to enter every single contest and still be able to load up 20 entries into the $2 gpp contest.

Seems some sports should be more specific. 50 or 25 for Max for NHL.
    Kinda crazy competing against Boggs and pepsi in a $2 50/50, when I have a half hour to research my lineup, when its their full-time job.

• jackinthebox

“It’s a shame the site can’t implement a limit only on lower stakes games… $10 and below. Not sure what that # should be and if it’s a daily limit or just for a given slate of games. All I know is that the 250 for NFL was extremely low.”

-posted 1 year ago by some Putz

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/fanduel-nfl-contest-limit-update-343725?page=2#reply-346200

• Putz

@jackinthebox said...

“It’s a shame the site can’t implement a limit only on lower stakes games… $10 and below. Not sure what that # should be and if it’s a daily limit or just for a given slate of games. All I know is that the 250 for NFL was extremely low.”

-posted 1 year ago by some Putz

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/fanduel-nfl-contest-limit-update-343725?page=2#reply-346200

Yes, in reference to NFL, which has higher volume than what I am referencing here (CFB), and I was advocating for greater than 250 back then, which I am still stating is too low today. Your point?

As I have reiterated several times, the contest structure in NFL is much different than CFB going from $10 to $25. They are much larger for NFL at the $25 level than the 19 other people you play at the $25 level for CFB and support the variance in opponents, unlike CFB.

• Putz

@AtGame7 said...

I don’t think I’m exaggerating either based on what Putz is telling us. If he really can’t get 250 games (which is nothing in the big picture) on a CFB card that previously had several times that then I can only conclude the sharks were absolutely infesting them. That lends evidence to my point, I think.

Yep. based on a 85/15 Cash to GPP bankroll strategy that I have been successful with, I am not going to fill in the rest of the 85% with extra GPP entries in the $2, $5 and $10 GPPs just to get to the 250 limit. That’s poor BR management. I’d rather fill them with cash.

• biggiesmails72

Sorry if this has BP’d, but how does this work? Does FD lock me from entering more games or do I just have to keep track of how many games I have entered?

• DermDerm

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

@biggiesmails72 said...

Sorry if this has BP’d, but how does this work? Does FD lock me from entering more games or do I just have to keep track of how many games I have entered?

I think once you go to enter contest #251 below $25 you get a notification you’re unable to join whatever contest you were trying to get in, similar to when you try and enter entry #101 in a 100 max entry contest.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).