INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• montelbon7

I have heard(from an executive)that FanDuel has been considering for awhile and may be implementing in the near future limiting users to a 50 maximum entry vs 150 into large tournaments due to many complaints that 150 is hurting the chances of smaller players with smaller banks from a feeling they have the same chance of a top prize vs users that are able to max out tournaments.

What are peoples thoughts?

I can agree that people may feel this way but if you look at top 10 places on a daily basis how many users that entered 150 lineups are actually placing in top 10.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that FD will do no such thing. Also, a magic 8 ball told me the same thing.

• osuryanf

If so, then good for Fanduel. This is how it should be. 50 is PLENTY. 150 is EXCESSIVE.

I highly doubt Fanduel will have the stones to make such a move, though.

• jmo26

My grandmother, who passed away over a decade ago but once was friends with a guy whose nephew played baseball with a kid who was once in the same restaurant as a FanDuel executive’s cleaning lady, visited me in my sleep last night and told me this is bullshit.

Wouldn’t be against it, but no way FanDuel is cutting down to 50-max with their large tournaments.

• jjwd

@montelbon7 said...

What are peoples thoughts?

Bad idea. In fact, DK has been moving in the opposite direction: making more 5 dollar 150 max tournaments. They need the money. They should both fully embrace multi-entry and put lineup builders on their sites. Big tournaments are the future of DFS.

• fistpumper

It would be great for the industry and longevity of the ecosystem.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

We all like the huge prize pools…..Cant get those by limiting entries

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

i doubt they are doing that, its simply bad economics for FD. I especially, specially highly really doubt they are doing it because “of complaints, 150 is hurting the chances of smaller players” because anyone that knows the math underlying DFS systems knows that MME is not a structural advantage http://www.bettingtalk.com/massive-multi-top-attraction/.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I could easily see them dropping 150 to 50 in the lower buy in tournaments like DK did. But across the board doesn’t feel realistic.

• zpruitt3

@TnRiddles said...

We all like the huge prize pools…..Cant get those by limiting entries

no we all don’t

• madmanjayWV

I wish FANDUEL would man up and bring back the $1 $150 max entry GPPs where there is a nice big ole FAT PRIZE for first and the upper upper tier.

Nothing better than a great cash in a huge TNY with a single bullet…

• ocdobv

RG Overall Ranking

I think the 3% of total entries is more of an issue than the 150. Minimum of 150 lineups or 1% of total entries would be an improvement, imo.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).