NBA FORUM

Comments

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

FanDuel limits max number of games to 250 per night.

Which means no more condia and 1ucror in every league now… might not see them on small stakes games at all now.

E-mail from FanDuel:

FanDuel has made a decision to limit each user on site to 250 NBA contests per night. We will initially be testing this policy manually by asking you to self-enforce this by not exceeding that limit.

You are getting this e-mail because you have either come close to that limit or have gone over it at one time or another.

We have spent a lot of time looking at how to best protect the ‘player ecosystem’ on FanDuel. Growing participation on the site is better for everyone, and protecting new players allows them to learn the game without being overwhelmed in the first few contests. This measure is being enacted partly with that in mind. You are welcome to distribute your play as you wish, just be aware of the 250 game limit.

There will be no automatic trigger telling you when you have breached the 250 limit, but we will be checking the number of games entered each day and will first issue warnings to users that violate the new policy. Further penalties will follow for multiple offenders. We are also working on some simple tools to help you monitor how many upcoming games you’re entered in.

By going with this relatively ‘lightweight’ test of the entry restrictions, we will be able to see what kind of impact it has on players participation on FanDuel, and also can focus our software development team’s efforts on other new features, such as making it easier and quicker to enter contests.

Consider the policy effective immediately.

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

This is pretty cool, didn’t think they would make a change at all.

• buckeyecore

shouldnt be punished if you have the bankroll and confidence to enter 250+ contests a day … congrats on your volume

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

It’s to prevent guys with those bankrolls to stay out of games under 5$, nothing to do with being punished lol

• ckamins87

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I think it’s pretty absurd to set a limit, but not provide a count of how many entries you’re in haha. This doesn’t affect me in the slightest, and I’m sure it will get fixed. But still…

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

They said their gonna add something that helps you keep track…I’ll never understand how obvious good news receives so much criticism on these forums now a days from all these new guys. Especially when the news effects your volume 0%.

• sabresrock29

I personally like it. As someone still new to dfs(3months). I hate leagues or h2h because of everyone having the same people in it. I like playing different people

• sethayates

Im interested what this will do to the H2H lobby. If volume guys cannot monopolize the lobby I think we see more options for h2h games.

• joonbae

• Blogger of the Month

pretty good experiment and nice move by FD to keep trying to improve.

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

So does this mean team Condia is looking to add 10 new members? I can be had for 5% of my teams net winnings. PM me…..

• naapstermaan

Panda Grinder

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@sethayates said…

Im interested what this will do to the H2H lobby. If volume guys cannot monopolize the lobby I think we see more options for h2h games.

they can still monopolize the lobby just only at higher buy-in levels. the $1-$10 games get matched way more rapidly so i don’t see how Condia/1uc can post a ton of $10 and lower games in case 250 for each of them get matched quick and block all their high stakes action.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

This is fantastic news, looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Although Condia already has 200+ $2 games posted for tomorrow…I say we all take his games now so he’s forced to play nothing but $2 games!

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

good call :) but it looks as condia has deleted all of his $25 and below h2h

• naapstermaan

Panda Grinder

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@pokerrob1970 said…

So does this mean team Condia is looking to add 10 new members? I can be had for 5% of my teams net winnings. PM me…..

yea this is probably just going to make people open more accounts to post games under….one solution always creates a new problem sigh.

• fishcakeking

FCK

Nice to see Fan Duel making moves to try and fix this issue.

FCK

• GoBlue04

Willing to be apart of team Condia!!! Sign me up!!! I don’t play NBA anyways.

• kcchiefsfan73

Even though this effects me adversely I respect it and will follow the rules. My 10% will just be given to a competitor now which is a shame as Fanduel is by far my favorite and preferred.

• sykesaaaaaaa

This is incredibly stupid.

• Snoopdog

Good move, but honor code? This isn’t BoyScouts, someone is going to go over and that’s going to piss off others and that could cause a shitstorm.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

As mentioned above this should keep some of the sharks out of the low stakes games. Pure volume never bothered me, but super sharp players jumping in $1 & $2 games does not help the player ecosystem.

I think it’s a good call and was an “anti-greed” move which should dispel the myth that all FanDuel and other DFS sites care about is rake, rake and more rake. Nice job.

• dstars5

• Blogger of the Month

@Snoopdog said…

Good move, but honor code? This isn’t BoyScouts, someone is going to go over and that’s going to piss off others and that could cause a shitstorm.

They’re testing the policy.. Obviously if they decide to keep it, there will be an actual restriction. For now, all they are doing is seeing how people react.

• dips56

• 2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

This affects me but I respect it and like it. Makes you put thought behind where you want to enter the contests. I will also put more contests in the h2h lobby as I wont fear all my leftover games being automatched against Condia. Two questions…

1) on days with regular games and late night is it 250 total or 250 for each session. I would think/hope each session as that makes more sense.

2) it says this is for NBA. I assume this is not for MLB (yet?) and I think this makes no sense for NFL or at least raise the number significantly.

• Snoopdog

@dstars5 said…

They’re testing the policy.. Obviously if they decide to keep it, there will be an actual restriction. For now, all they are doing is seeing how people react.

“will first issue warnings to users that violate the new policy”

So you get a warning if you go over? I’m not sure that’s going to be a huge deterent. Like I said, it’s not a bunch of BoyScouts playing DFS.

I really do hope this works though, best decision FD has made in the last year.

• kcchiefsfan73

dips56…I asked Len those exact questions as well as does it include cash games and gpp’s? I think they need to lower it to 100 games during MLB, you’ll have to actually get a job! :)

• Putz

@dips56 said…

This affects me but I respect it and like it. Makes you put thought behind where you want to enter the contests. I will also put more contests in the h2h lobby as I wont fear all my leftover games being automatched against Condia. Two questions…

1) on days with regular games and late night is it 250 total or 250 for each session. I would think/hope each session as that makes more sense.

2) it says this is for NBA. I assume this is not for MLB (yet?) and I think this makes no sense for NFL or at least raise the number significantly.

Agree,would hope it is per session.

• whits23

2010 FFFC Finalist, 2010 DFBC Finalist, 2011 FFFC Finalist, 2014 DSBC Finalist

• x2

2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

emge u act like you are not in the clan with them or the starstreet gang..thats a catchy name LOL..its like call of duty everyone needs clan tags. 250 per person or 1000 per clan. same guys who complain only do so because they cant take all the games..so now you wont get automatched to condia it will be lucor instead

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.