NBA FORUM

Comments

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

FanDuel limits max number of games to 250 per night.

Which means no more condia and 1ucror in every league now… might not see them on small stakes games at all now.

E-mail from FanDuel:

FanDuel has made a decision to limit each user on site to 250 NBA contests per night. We will initially be testing this policy manually by asking you to self-enforce this by not exceeding that limit.

You are getting this e-mail because you have either come close to that limit or have gone over it at one time or another.

We have spent a lot of time looking at how to best protect the ‘player ecosystem’ on FanDuel. Growing participation on the site is better for everyone, and protecting new players allows them to learn the game without being overwhelmed in the first few contests. This measure is being enacted partly with that in mind. You are welcome to distribute your play as you wish, just be aware of the 250 game limit.

There will be no automatic trigger telling you when you have breached the 250 limit, but we will be checking the number of games entered each day and will first issue warnings to users that violate the new policy. Further penalties will follow for multiple offenders. We are also working on some simple tools to help you monitor how many upcoming games you’re entered in.

By going with this relatively ‘lightweight’ test of the entry restrictions, we will be able to see what kind of impact it has on players participation on FanDuel, and also can focus our software development team’s efforts on other new features, such as making it easier and quicker to enter contests.

Consider the policy effective immediately.

• dips56

• 2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@kcchiefsfan73 said…

dips56…I asked Len those exact questions as well as does it include cash games and gpp’s? I think they need to lower it to 100 games during MLB, you’ll have to actually get a job! :)

Please share his answer…thanks KC.

• sethayates

@kcchiefsfan73 said…

dips56…I asked Len those exact questions as well as does it include cash games and gpp’s? I think they need to lower it to 100 games during MLB, you’ll have to actually get a job! :)

I wondered about that too. This doesn’t effect me but they should clarify. Say for example someone won 100 spots in the DFBBC. On that night are they limited to those 100 games plus 150?

• jimbodan

Great news! Hopefully this will open up low stakes 3,5 and 10 leagues to people not named Condia or 1ucor now. This should also help build a better atmosphere in the low stakes games for newcomers and should lead to a better experience for them and make them more likely to stick around long term.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

I play about 20 – 30 contests per night and at low volumes.

I am constantly matched up with Condia and 1ucror in any leagues/double ups/etc. I did not mind it. They are human and I have the ability to study just like they do.

This rule is silly in my opinion. Why punish guys who can afford to play and do this for a living? I understand the concept of wanting to build up new players, why not just create ‘No more than 100 win’ contests, etc..?

Like I said, this doesn’t effect me one tiny bit. My biggest worry is I will now be facing ‘experts’ who are creating new accounts to bypass this rule. I would rather KNOW I’m facing them.

• bestintheworld

BITW

@bhdevault said…

I play about 20 – 30 contests per night and at low volumes.

I am constantly matched up with Condia and 1ucror in any leagues/double ups/etc. I did not mind it. They are human and I have the ability to study just like they do.

This rule is silly in my opinion. Why punish guys who can afford to play and do this for a living? I understand the concept of wanting to build up new players, why not just create ‘No more than 100 win’ contests, etc..?

Like I said, this doesn’t effect me one tiny bit. My biggest worry is I will now be facing ‘experts’ who are creating new accounts to bypass this rule. I would rather KNOW I’m facing them.

I believe that was one of the concerns Alex addressed recently – beginner style contests that might encourage experienced players to create new accounts to play these users and get around this rule.

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

You truly think after a few days you wouldn’t be able to point out the other “condia” accounts? hint the one with the same lines up and playing 250 a day would be his. I don’t understand why people fail to see a step in the right direction just because in their eyes (and often reality) it isn’t the perfect solution.

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

@bhdevault said…

My biggest worry is I will now be facing ‘experts’ who are creating new accounts to bypass this rule. I would rather KNOW I’m facing them.

My initial thought? ‘Teaming Up’ is suddenly a viable strategy.

• 00oreo00

• x3

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x5

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@Galante118 said…

You truly think after a few days you wouldn’t be able to point out the other “condia” accounts? hint the one with the same lines up and playing 250 a day would be his. I don’t understand why people fail to see a step in the right direction just because in their eyes (and often reality) it isn’t the perfect solution.

Do you not think Fanduel can detect this? Either way he won’t be playing $5 games with a second account, not worth the risk.

I am a fan of the rule. Those 3-5 player leagues suddenly look more attractive.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@Galante118 said…

Well said Galante.

• waiverwire

I’ll try to drop by in the morning and give some more detail on our thoughts with this. Keep the feedback coming!

Some quick stuff:
    -Only NBA for now. If it works well, I’d anticipate similar rules for other sports, but with different entry limits depending on volume of the sport.
    -For now it’s cumulative per day. We understand the argument for making it per game start, but are starting out this way to keep it simple.
    -You guys are definitely bringing up some of the same concerns we have (and part of the reason we think this test is a good starting point): Will this have the effect we want? Will it drive people away? Will it encourage attempts at multi-accounting? Will people honor the limits during the testing period? All of those are open questions and we’ll be watching closely to see what happens.
    -We picked the limits deliberately so that they’ll impact just a handful of players. There are probably 8-10 people hit this limit frequently for NBA and another few dozen who have hit it at any time this season. While we’ll always welcome high volume players and winning players, we also think that this limit will encourage them to play at appropriate buy-in levels and will have a huge benefit on the new user experience and the ecosystem as a whole. We’re perfectly happy to give up a small amount of revenue now to provide a better long term experience that keeps people coming back.
    -With regard to tomorrow’s contests, some people (well…at least one people) were already over 250 when we contacted them and asked us what to do about it. We said to not worry about it and just start observing the limit on Saturday. We understand that this ‘self administered’ limit isn’t perfect and will take a little while to get rolling, but we also think the benefits far outweight the drawbacks.

Overall, we think this is going to benefit everyone. If more people enjoy their experience on FanDuel and keep playing, then volume will increase…and in the future, we’ll be able to make these limits far higher without any adverse effect on the FanDuel contest ecosystem.

• lilbitmawhney

Interesting, I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it. I see the pros and cons. I think ultimately fanduel has the most growth and anything that makes that experience better for the new guy is probably the best thing for the industry as a whole. Who knows how many people came in and left w/o giving it a legit chance. I personally want the daily space to grow as large as possible..

• Tippy

Very smart move by FD. Condia, etc. will still get their same dollar amount in play, it will just be in play at higher levels. Those 200 $2 games will easily be made up with 4 $109’s.

Great move FD.

• 00oreo00

• x3

• x5

@Tippy said…

Very smart move by FD. Condia, etc. will still get their same dollar amount in play, it will just be in play at higher levels. Those 200 $2 games will easily be made up with 4 $109’s.

Great move FD.

It won’t make it any easier for the new guys. Pros will still end up buying massive amounts of the 1’s and 2’s. More sharks will feel comfortable posting 50+ games going forward knowing they won’t be automatched to Condia.

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Great move FD, hopefully no more 1ucror/condia in my $5/$10 50/50’s

• Tippy

@00oreo00 said…

It won’t make it any easier for the new guys. Pros will still end up buying massive amounts of the 1’s and 2’s. More sharks will feel comfortable posting 50+ games going forward knowing they won’t be automatched to Condia.

Not sure I understand oreo. Don’t guys just cancel their games at 6:50 so as not to get thrown into the automatch feature? I rarely use the automatch feature anyway, so not sure what difference that would make. I feel like I might not be understanding your point though, please let me know if I’m missing it.

• duder500

RG Mod

I don’t play huge volume so I am sure I am missing something here but this is nothing but great.

Do you want new guys to progress through the levels of DFS and have their money last longer? Do you want to breed longevity or just feed up the newest guys to the most seasoned?

Mean while the best of the best can still get obscene amounts of money in play, they just have to choose to play against higher bank roll players.

Well done FD for coming up with a solution that harms little if no one but helps many.

• duder500

RG Mod

@00oreo00 said…

This is easily avoided by noobs by just staying away from H2H.

• rebkell

Just a quick check on the leader board and condia has 27,507 wins this month that is an avg of 916+ wins per day, 1ucror has 9,355 which avg’s out to ~312 wins per day. Wow!!

• madnpaxx2

Just a question…
    Wouldn’t requiring a SSN and identification (picture/license) at sign up at least legitimize who is playing accounts?
    It may not stop “teaming up” but it would prevent multiple accounts at different IPs
    Also, eliminate the referral program altogether and that’ll cut out the teaming

• Snoopdog

@madnpaxx2 said…

Just a question…
    Wouldn’t requiring a SSN and identification (picture/license) at sign up at least legitimize who is playing accounts?
    It may not stop “teaming up” but it would prevent multiple accounts at different IPs
    Also, eliminate the referral program altogether and that’ll cut out the teaming

Increased difficulty creating an account = fewer legit accounts.

• 00oreo00

• x3

• x5

@Tippy said…

Not sure I understand oreo. Don’t guys just cancel their games at 6:50 so as not to get thrown into the automatch feature? I rarely use the automatch feature anyway, so not sure what difference that would make. I feel like I might not be understanding your point though, please let me know if I’m missing it.

Too tedious to do when you have 50+ unmatched games. Also, when other grinders realize they have a chance to make it to the top of the leaderboard they will be stuffing there games with cheap H2H’s to make use of the limit.

250 might end up helping fanduel as I can see many lower volume players making 250 games entered their nightly goal. A few people here will have that “use it or lose it” mentality.

• Snoopdog

@00oreo00 said…

Too tedious to do when you have 50+ unmatched games. Also, when other grinders realize they have a chance to make it to the top of the leaderboard they will be stuffing there games with cheap H2H’s to make use of the limit.

250 might end up helping fanduel as I can see many lower volume players making 250 games entered their nightly goal. A few people here will have that “use it or lose it” mentality.

What was your username before 00oreo00 if you don’t mind me asking, you sound like you’ve been around for a while.

• FBO

That must be why condia and 1ucror are playing in the same 3 man and 5 mans today, also i dont see them posting in the 1$ games tomorrow

• bringemvaught

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #17

RG Tiered Ranking

Wasn’t sure what to think of this rule at first, but I’m all for any rules that help out the new players as long as they’re not too restrictive to those who play high volume. Looking at the big picture, this is good stuff… I think.

• dips56

• 2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@00oreo00 said…

Lol at anyone whose goal is to move to the top of FDs leaderboard.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.