NBA FORUM

Comments

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

FanDuel limits max number of games to 250 per night.

Which means no more condia and 1ucror in every league now… might not see them on small stakes games at all now.

E-mail from FanDuel:

FanDuel has made a decision to limit each user on site to 250 NBA contests per night. We will initially be testing this policy manually by asking you to self-enforce this by not exceeding that limit.

You are getting this e-mail because you have either come close to that limit or have gone over it at one time or another.

We have spent a lot of time looking at how to best protect the ‘player ecosystem’ on FanDuel. Growing participation on the site is better for everyone, and protecting new players allows them to learn the game without being overwhelmed in the first few contests. This measure is being enacted partly with that in mind. You are welcome to distribute your play as you wish, just be aware of the 250 game limit.

There will be no automatic trigger telling you when you have breached the 250 limit, but we will be checking the number of games entered each day and will first issue warnings to users that violate the new policy. Further penalties will follow for multiple offenders. We are also working on some simple tools to help you monitor how many upcoming games you’re entered in.

By going with this relatively ‘lightweight’ test of the entry restrictions, we will be able to see what kind of impact it has on players participation on FanDuel, and also can focus our software development team’s efforts on other new features, such as making it easier and quicker to enter contests.

Consider the policy effective immediately.

• Frugaljohn

I just meant anyone who thought creating multiple accounts in general. Honestly, I don’t think multiple accounts will be an issue because with each one you have to link a paypal account. All Fanduel would have to do to stop multiple users is to make sure the same paypal isn’t linked to another name. If they want to create multiple paypal accounts to go along with multiple users then I think Paypal would have that area covered. I don’t know the exact rules for Paypal, but I know they have restrictions on creating multiple paypal accounts. Something like so many per household address…point is there is a limit.

• Labradoodle

FD better consider the spirit of the rule when instituting this change. What would stop Condia from having his mom open up an account and giving his mom picks? This Dink already gives picks to his dad under a “Papabear” account name on DraftStreet. So it certainly is possible and FD needs to make it clear that this is not tolerated or we’re going to have MommaCondia and CondiasGF on FD taking games.

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@CPF501 said…

Seems like this change is very utilitarian. The greatest good for the greatest many.

With that said, I have never minded be matched up with you guys, Condia or Birdwings or Emge or Whits23 and the like. I was just happy to be matched and have action.

Ya that’s fine and all but really have 8 of these guys in a $5 20 man 50/50 is bad for business in the long run – it just kills the newbs, those guys should be playing higher stakes IMO and not picking off the little guys

• JHols1nger

@CruzinToVictory said…

I’m actually entering 3, 5, and 20 man leagues now. I love this!

+1

The lower buy in leagues have never looked this good. I just entered the first 3 man contest I think I’ve ever played on FD.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

@Labradoodle said…

FD better consider the spirit of the rule when instituting this change. What would stop Condia from having his mom open up an account and giving his mom picks? This Dink already gives picks to his dad under a “Papabear” account name on DraftStreet. So it certainly is possible and FD needs to make it clear that this is not tolerated or we’re going to have MommaCondia and CondiasGF on FD taking games.

Hai Miggy!

Anyway…in regards to the making multiple accounts thing, the solution is rather simple.

If a new account is created and enters 250 games with the same lineup as someone else, give them a warning, if it happens again, ban the new account. If it happens multiple times with new accounts, ban the main account.

Think about it, the reason you would want to multi-account is to get more action with the lineups you’ve made, so it’s pretty easy to spot. The possibility of being banned makes multi-account not worth the risk.

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@CruzinToVictory said…

Hai Miggy!

Anyway…in regards to the making multiple accounts thing, the solution is rather simple.

If a new account is created and enters 250 games with the same lineup as someone else, give them a warning, if it happens again, ban the new account. If it happens multiple times with new accounts, ban the main account.

Think about it, the reason you would want to multi-account is to get more action with the lineups you’ve made, so it’s pretty easy to spot. The possibility of being banned makes multi-account not worth the risk.

Watch it Cruz, you’ll get a PM challenging you to a 1k hu for for calling him out lmao!

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@lovesbases said…

Let’s not give them too much credit. It’s on the honor system and not hard coded into the system. If they thought about it weeks ago seems like they could’ve programmed the limit.

The alternative has been to give them WAY too little credit in their decision making. I think I’m giving them the appropriate amount of credit, and if you look at my history of give FD credit for things, you’d have to say I’m critical when I feel I should be…just ask them.

• alsmizzle

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@Labradoodle said…

Enter Miggy’s new acocunt.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

@alsmizzle said…

From reading a lot of the responses in this thread it seems that everyone only wants to see how it could fail and not even be open to the benefits from a rule change like this.

I honestly think it’s a good thing and at the same time will require some moderation from the staff at FD to lineup check, moderate multi-account and referral fraud. From all of my interactions with their decision makers I’d say these are all things they took into consideration when they were deciding to make this change as they’re quite an intelligent group of businessmen and don’t make moves by the seat of their pants without taking into account all of the ramifications of their actions. I’d be willing to bet that any of the concerns brought up in this thread have already been dealt with in their board meetings and they have in place the plans to execute them in the fullest.

Basically, if you’ve thought about it, they did weeks ago.

i just thought this should be repeated, because it’s a valid point.

people wanted a change. FD acted upon it. it’s still not enough.

poor FD… they just can’t win… :(

• sethayates

@alsmizzle said…

No that’s Miggy’s dog. Completely different process. Just like the difference between left and right Twix. This new account uses a cloaked IP address.

• spartans22

I think this is a great idea for leagues, Double-Ups, etc. It will get people to enter more of those games. However, I don’t think fanduel should be able to limit the number of H2H’s they can post. People know what they’re doing when they take one of Condia’s H2H’s, so he should be able to post as many as he wants

• Spurslover

Kudos to Fanduel for making the change. Based on feedback and chat, this was a problem and they did something about it. Also, Kudos for remaining flexible after making the decision. Monitor it, enhance the policy, make it a rule and then hard code it. Nice approach

• bestintheworld

BITW

@alsmizzle said…

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY KING, THAT’S MIGGY’S MUSIC! BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP.

• lovesbases

@alsmizzle said…

The alternative has been to give them WAY too little credit in their decision making. I think I’m giving them the appropriate amount of credit, and if you look at my history of give FD credit for things, you’d have to say I’m critical when I feel I should be…just ask them.

What are you, running for congress?

• alsmizzle

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@lovesbases said…

What are you, running for congress?

Which one are you? Stadler or Waldorf?

• bringemvaught

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #22

RG Tiered Ranking

The last thing I thought I’d see in this thread was muppets.

• mcougil83

I was creating my first line up the day earlier and when I was about to enter a $25 50/50 I saw too many of the names I don’t like seeing. Exit it out, went to the $10 game and was weirded out not seeing Condia. Then I read this post. Overall I think it’s good because this will lead to more newer players giving DFS Basketball a shot and not worried about getting killed by pros. It affects me a little because I’m gonna have to enter in more games and a cheaper buy-in because it looks like alot of sharks will be playing the $25 and up games. Still see myself playing the H2H matrix games to analyze line ups, to see what the pros did and where I could make changes in my game.

• iconfantasyJoe

Curious, how many contests a day do the top volume players play?

300? 400?

• Zubudubu

@kcchiefsfan73 said…

Fanduel neuters volume players and then people still post $25 games with this “No KCChiefs73, Condia, or 1ucror”?? Weak sauce, man.

I won’t do this anymore. Go Royals! And… I will now play more on FanDuel. Great work!

• madmanjayWV

Obviously, I know lots of you guys are on a higher level of playing in terms of cash at hand in volume.
    My problem, and obviously this doesn’t effect me whatsoever b/c I’m not a high volume player is this.

I think the 250 rule is kind of crazy. Now, if it were to be 250 per sport I could see that. But goodness, I don’t see why they would do this with MLB upcoming and NBA still running and heaven forbid if you like NHL or college hoops.

I can’t wait to see if this changes their bottom line b/c I’m not sure this is a win-win situation for their bottom line, but obviously FANDUEL is smarter than I am.

• madmanjayWV

I thought there was nothing illegal about sharing lineups.

If me and nine other poor friends want to merge together and agree to play our lineup(s) and we end up dominating and making money, there’s nothing against the rules and it’s something plenty of people I’m sure are doing now anyway across the DFS landscape?

P.S. – I would never open up a 2nd account, but if someone did it for their wife/girlfriend/dad brothers or sisters (and then shared info) and use the same lineups I don’t see how this possibly could be regulated.

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

@madmanjayWV said…

I thought there was nothing illegal about sharing lineups.

If me and nine other poor friends want to merge together and agree to play our lineup(s) and we end up dominating and making money, there’s nothing against the rules and it’s something plenty of people I’m sure are doing now anyway across the DFS landscape?

P.S. – I would never open up a 2nd account, but if someone did it for their wife/girlfriend/dad brothers or sisters (and then shared info) and use the same lineups I don’t see how this possibly could be regulated.

I think most of this has been touched on.

1) The 250 rule is for NBA only, and it is a trial phase. It will change for each sporting season, they will adjust the number in the long-term future based on data if need be, and it’s just a trial period in general.

2) 2nd Accounts can be tracked long-term with potentially regulating certain things on the back-end, but the main purpose of this trial is to see if this becomes an issue or not. – FD seems on top of regulating this long-term based on WaiverWire’s post.

• madmanjayWV

Sorry as usual we in W.Va. are behind the rest of the country…got to the party late…thanks CAM

• Putz

@iconfantasyJoe said…

Curious, how many contests a day do the top volume players play?

300? 400?

Condia is averaging 900+ wins per day.

• DillingerFour

FD Rep - DFBMeeMee Champ (x2)

• Blogger of the Month

Best thing about MLB is Condia doesn’t play it. Maybe he will this year, just to spite us.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler