NBA FORUM

Comments

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

FanDuel limits max number of games to 250 per night.

Which means no more condia and 1ucror in every league now… might not see them on small stakes games at all now.

E-mail from FanDuel:

FanDuel has made a decision to limit each user on site to 250 NBA contests per night. We will initially be testing this policy manually by asking you to self-enforce this by not exceeding that limit.

You are getting this e-mail because you have either come close to that limit or have gone over it at one time or another.

We have spent a lot of time looking at how to best protect the ‘player ecosystem’ on FanDuel. Growing participation on the site is better for everyone, and protecting new players allows them to learn the game without being overwhelmed in the first few contests. This measure is being enacted partly with that in mind. You are welcome to distribute your play as you wish, just be aware of the 250 game limit.

There will be no automatic trigger telling you when you have breached the 250 limit, but we will be checking the number of games entered each day and will first issue warnings to users that violate the new policy. Further penalties will follow for multiple offenders. We are also working on some simple tools to help you monitor how many upcoming games you’re entered in.

By going with this relatively ‘lightweight’ test of the entry restrictions, we will be able to see what kind of impact it has on players participation on FanDuel, and also can focus our software development team’s efforts on other new features, such as making it easier and quicker to enter contests.

Consider the policy effective immediately.

• tipster808

I’d assume he’s going to at least experiment. He had such a good 2013 it wouldn’t hurt him to try.

• kcchiefsfan73

Concept is flawed here…neuter people and they all will move to higher $ cash games. I entered 10 $50 3-5-10 Man leagues this morning. Its 5:40 CST and 9 of the 10 are still open. How long is this silly trial gonna last?

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

I gotta say, I’m loving this. It’s only been one day but my FD experience is 1000x better.

• Greebo

@madmanjayWV said…

Obviously, I know lots of you guys are on a higher level of playing in terms of cash at hand in volume.
    My problem, and obviously this doesn’t effect me whatsoever b/c I’m not a high volume player is this.

I think the 250 rule is kind of crazy. Now, if it were to be 250 per sport I could see that. But goodness, I don’t see why they would do this with MLB upcoming and NBA still running and heaven forbid if you like NHL or college hoops.

I can’t wait to see if this changes their bottom line b/c I’m not sure this is a win-win situation for their bottom line, but obviously FANDUEL is smarter than I am.

Obviously the events of the last month DID change their bottom line.

1) Enough people like me moved from FD to DK after the line-up display fiasco. 2) Enough people like me also realized we could be more profitable elsewhere since exposure to the dozen or so super high volume players at EVERY buy-in on FD was discouraging us from playing there. This helps alleviate number 2 and will encourage people like me to move some of their bankroll back to FD. People like me being the average guy who plays every night for entertainment while trying to win enough to not have to re-deposit and who have no intention of making DFS our primary (or even secondary/tertiary) source of income. Not sure what percentage of people that may be, but it’s obviously high enough to cost FD the rake of the highest volume players beyond 250 contests a day.

I’m all for freedom and blah blah blah but this just confirms what most everyone already suspected was a problem that needed to be resolved… A few super high volume players WERE/ARE causing a negative experience to be created at FD for a majority of people at an unsustainable rate. I’m glad FD is attempting to address this issue. Or at the least acknowledging it’s an issue.

I just wish we could see what people would say in FD chat, that would have been premium entertainment :(

• Greebo

and I give up trying to format that better… not sure why my paragraphs are being scrunched up!

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@kcchiefsfan73 said…

Concept is flawed here…neuter people and they all will move to higher $ cash games. I entered 10 $50 3-5-10 Man leagues this morning. Its 5:40 CST and 9 of the 10 are still open. How long is this silly trial gonna last?

lol, I’d guess longer than the 12 hours it’s taken for you to completely panic.

• DillingerFour

FD Rep - DFBMeeMee Champ (x2)

• Blogger of the Month

• travs424

dammit dillinger, i always think i am not going to laugh at your posts and take a drink right before i scroll down to your post and bam !!!

• kcchiefsfan73

@alsmizzle said…

lol, I’d guess longer than the 12 hours it’s taken for you to completely panic.

I guess I don’t get the humor. You’ll have to dumb it down.

• whits23

2010 FFFC Finalist, 2010 DFBC Finalist, 2011 FFFC Finalist, 2014 DSBC Finalist

• x2

2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Emge

tonight you dips..primetime and i wont name the others all had exact same team as usual. Nothing against the rules but dont act like you guys dont use same team each night.On another note whether its 250 vs same lineup or same person it really dont matter..another rule that will never be enforced with good intention but easy to get around. Take 5 guys all with same team..one take all the 2 dollar another all the 5 another all the 10 etc..isnt this what pudge tried in nhl and got hammered for

• sethayates

@whits23 said…

Emge

tonight you dips..primetime and i wont name the others all had exact same team as usual. Nothing against the rules but dont act like you guys dont use same team each night.On another note whether its 250 vs same lineup or same person it really dont matter..another rule that will never be enforced with good intention but easy to get around. Take 5 guys all with same team..one take all the 2 dollar another all the 5 another all the 10 etc..isnt this what pudge tried in nhl and got hammered for

Whits, no offense bro but you always throw these complaints around. One of your biggest was new people winning the $300K NFL Bomb. Then one week you took 2nd. I didn’t see you here that week (I have the link). I think these conspiracy theories are going a little far. Fanduel makes the same 10% whether sethayates, whits23, condia, or 000_000_000 enter the game. The site is trying to help us, not hurt us.

EDIT: It was actually week 16 and Whits got 3rd not 2nd. Here is the link (though it may not be viewableable to everyone) https://www.fanduel.com/entry/TJVCJXG

EDIT x2: (Subtle brag) here is screenshot of game I mentioned;

• PrimeTime

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

I Make my own teams Whits. Don’t lump me in this bullshit. Thank you. Oh and I’ve never once spoken a word to Dips

• PrimeTime

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

The longer I sit back the more this infuriates me. Let me let every know right now. I make my own teams and in no way am working with other players to take advantage the FD system. Throwing accusations like that around with zero proof is very dangerous and can ruin players reputations. So please think before you speak. If you are going to accuse someone of something why wouldn’t you reach out to them first? I’m pretty easy to find. Lots of people have my information. So if you plan on putting me on blast again why don’t you talk with me about if first before you make an ass of yourself again. Take care buddy

• Mike5754

2013 PFBC Finalist

Whits,

You and another user who sells content and hosts shows had the exact same line up tonight on FD. Your picks are entered in the exact same order… But the crazy thing is… I don’t think he is dumb enough to work with you. I’m really confused. Do you build your own line ups? Is it possible you guys just stubbled on to the same teams because of the lack of positional flexibility and obvious plays on the board?

• draftcheat

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x5

2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@PrimeTime420 said…

The longer I sit back the more this infuriates me. Let me let every know right now. I make my own teams and in no way am working with other players to take advantage the FD system. Throwing accusations like that around with zero proof is very dangerous and can ruin players reputations. So please think before you speak. If you are going to accuse someone of something why wouldn’t you reach out to them first? I’m pretty easy to find. Lots of people have my information. So if you plan on putting me on blast again why don’t you talk with me about if first before you make an ass of yourself again. Take care buddy

Yeah.

Guess what, the players that have been playing this game for what seems like forever are here for a reason. They make good lineups. And those good lineups are often going to overlap heavily. There are certain players in each game set who are the best plays. Those of us who do this for a living will come to the same conclusions. I’ve never spoken to Primetime, Condia, CSU, Smizzle, or Troll4MVP, yet on any night I can be pretty damn sure we are going to have a lot of overlap. That’s the nature of this game. Take off your tinfoil hats and get better.

• iconfantasyJoe

Would like to report for the first time in my FD history I joined 3mans 5mans 20mans 100mans at the $1 and $2 levels. Also all the $1 $2 50/50s were filled with different names and even some of the $5.

It’s already changed my entire outlook on how I can divy up my games. If I could ever be so fortunate as to “get mad” at a cap of 250 that just means I already made a TON of cash. Maybe be happy that you are playing fantasy basketball for a living. Then again being angry all the time is probably easier.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

@iconfantasyJoe said…

Would like to report for the first time in my FD history I joined 3mans 5mans 20mans 100mans at the $1 and $2 levels. Also all the $1 $2 50/50s were filled with different names and even some of the $5.

This. I always stuck to 100% Double Ups/Triple Ups with a couple GPPs. Last night I was able to spread my action around how I actually wanted to, with a mix of H2H, 3-man, 5-man, 100-man, Double Ups, Triple Ups, and GPPs.

It was awesome and I really hope this rule or something like it stays for the long haul.

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@whits23 said…

Emge

i dont know dips or emge, never spoken to them but i usually see both of them in my games on a daily basis – last night was the 1st night i’ve seen them with the same team. I think you are way off with this….

I think the value plays and the way guys were priced, matchups those guys had, etc are why you saw alot of the good players with the same roster IMO

• BMXracer

Just curious what does “we got the 1st one!” mean?

http://postimg.org/image/pu5y4sql3/full/

• DillingerFour

• Blogger of the Month

The first seat into the DKs Showcase.

Take off your tinfoil hat.

• First

Can’t We all just be friends!

• youngkaiser740

2013 PFBC Finalist, 2013 DK MS Classic (Runner Up)

• 2013 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@PrimeTime420 said…

I Make my own teams Whits. Don’t lump me in this bullshit. Thank you. Oh and I’ve never once spoken a word to Dips

my man

• Putz

@DillingerFour said…

The first seat into the DKs Showcase.

Take off your tinfoil hat.

I think it is the “WE” comment that is in question.

• DillingerFour

• Blogger of the Month

Thanks Captain.

• whits23

2010 FFFC Finalist, 2010 DFBC Finalist, 2011 FFFC Finalist, 2014 DSBC Finalist

• x2

2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

is it a lie to point out when people have the same team? not sure why thats an issue unless for some reason the lineups are not the same.

Funny the same guys who share lineups come out to defend each other..that was hard to figure out..i could have named ahead of time which guys would have done that as they always have same teams.

yea i am sure all the identical lineups are just random acts? i guess you and csu never have same team? or napsterman or anyone like that? it could just be on nights with 10 games all of you end up with same team some how. Hell i readily admit i share lineups with guys at times in all sports but never deny it when asked. Anyone who has played for any length of time knows who all works together and who doesnt. What site owners have their own guys etc etc. Not a big deal its the nature of the industry to try to get and edge or work with like minded guys. I just have no idea why people wont come out and admit it. hell if condia asked me to play his team for him because he was limited to 250 i would throw it out. why not? For every rule created people try to find ways to get around it to benefit themselves. people like this are to be given credit for working the system to their benefit.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler