NBA FORUM

Comments

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

FanDuel limits max number of games to 250 per night.

Which means no more condia and 1ucror in every league now… might not see them on small stakes games at all now.

E-mail from FanDuel:

FanDuel has made a decision to limit each user on site to 250 NBA contests per night. We will initially be testing this policy manually by asking you to self-enforce this by not exceeding that limit.

You are getting this e-mail because you have either come close to that limit or have gone over it at one time or another.

We have spent a lot of time looking at how to best protect the ‘player ecosystem’ on FanDuel. Growing participation on the site is better for everyone, and protecting new players allows them to learn the game without being overwhelmed in the first few contests. This measure is being enacted partly with that in mind. You are welcome to distribute your play as you wish, just be aware of the 250 game limit.

There will be no automatic trigger telling you when you have breached the 250 limit, but we will be checking the number of games entered each day and will first issue warnings to users that violate the new policy. Further penalties will follow for multiple offenders. We are also working on some simple tools to help you monitor how many upcoming games you’re entered in.

By going with this relatively ‘lightweight’ test of the entry restrictions, we will be able to see what kind of impact it has on players participation on FanDuel, and also can focus our software development team’s efforts on other new features, such as making it easier and quicker to enter contests.

Consider the policy effective immediately.

• Ross

@DillingerFour said…

Thanks Captain.

Very disappointed there was not a hilarious pic below this post..

• Ross

@ChristopherMTB said…

This way you can get double the entry and split prize money.

Just don’t be so open about it Emge you’re going to scare new players.

For someone who just created an account here you have a pretty strong opinion on this..

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

big shock- a new account with 0 posts or anything linking them to a screen name on another site chimes in to rip someone. Didn’t see that one coming.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

@headChopper said…

big shock- a new account with 0 posts or anything linking them to a screen name on another site chimes in to rip someone. Didn’t see that one coming.

Note the “MTB” at the end…I wonder what that stands for haha

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@ChristopherMTB said…

Big surprise, but whats the big dealing about working with your DFS brother.

• misfit

I am still trying to wait it out a few days to see just how well all this ends up going but, I will say that I commend FD for at least trying to take some form of action until they can fully rectify it with site upgrades.
    The lower stakes players I have talked to over the last days seem to be much happier about this situation. Many newbies are saying that these are the first days they have not had to compete against ALL the Big names and are loving it.
    We all know it is not a perfect solution but can we not at least take some comfort in seeing that the sites are not only finally starting to hear our voices but they are attempting to do something about it.
    Again, it is not perfect but I see any progress at all as a good thing.

• Ross

@ChristopherMTB said…

Oh a top player got confused about DFSs being a team event. Big surprise, but whats the big dealing about working with your DFS brother.

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

Too bad there is not a daily teams counter on the site. It would be interesting to see if this has increased the number of games played

• piersb999

I had left this thread alone as only play ds but upon reading it has cheered be up no end. Brilliant stuff, the latest in a seemingly endless line of controversy and scandal. I love rg, at the moment there is never a dull moment. And miggy knows he has gone off the deep end again. I don’t know what set him off but if a moderator was to reach out and calm things down think he would be apologetic and want to come back. That being said I not entirely sure what has gone on and been said so if I talking out of turn I am sorry, but the guy is box office and a good player. I fell out with him months ago but he was big enough to say sorry and we cool now.

• bestintheworld

BITW

@CruzinToVictory said…

Note the “MTB” at the end…I wonder what that stands for haha

Hahaha, his name on Twitter is “Chris Lindy”. Christopher Lindy + MTB welp…

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! THATS MIGGY’S MUSIC KING! WILL SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN THREAD! THESE PEOPLE HAVE FAMILIES (BROTHER’S), DAMMIT!

• naapstermaan

Panda Grinder

• x2

2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@whits23 said…

is it a lie to point out when people have the same team? not sure why thats an issue unless for some reason the lineups are not the same.

Funny the same guys who share lineups come out to defend each other..that was hard to figure out..i could have named ahead of time which guys would have done that as they always have same teams.

yea i am sure all the identical lineups are just random acts? i guess you and csu never have same team? or napsterman or anyone like that? it could just be on nights with 10 games all of you end up with same team some how. Hell i readily admit i share lineups with guys at times in all sports but never deny it when asked. Anyone who has played for any length of time knows who all works together and who doesnt. What site owners have their own guys etc etc. Not a big deal its the nature of the industry to try to get and edge or work with like minded guys. I just have no idea why people wont come out and admit it. hell if condia asked me to play his team for him because he was limited to 250 i would throw it out. why not? For every rule created people try to find ways to get around it to benefit themselves. people like this are to be given credit for working the system to their benefit.

Uh…why is my name being thrown around now? Because I’m friends with people I’ve met through DFS? I barely even play cash games Whits not sure why you would just throw my name around like that. This is a fun hobby for me and I personally enjoy coming up with my own teams. Just send me a message first before you accuse me or anyone of anything please.

• whits23

2010 FFFC Finalist, 2010 DFBC Finalist, 2011 FFFC Finalist, 2014 DSBC Finalist

• x2

2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

same lineups in pga on dk too LOL wow the coincidences never stop

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

I love how people just make baseless accusations and name names in a public forum with no actual evidence of any ACTUAL wrongdoing between the parties involved.

• DillingerFour

FD Rep - DFBMeeMee Champ (x2)

• Blogger of the Month

@alsmizzle said…

I love how people just make baseless accusations and name names in a public forum with no actual evidence of any ACTUAL wrongdoing between the parties involved.

AlSmizzle smells like beef and cheese!

• sonicattack

I liked Whits when I encountered him in FD chat but he’s been really crabby and accusatory on this forum lately. Kind of a drag.

It seems only a minority of players have a problem with this issue. Anything that allows more players to feel comfortable playing more games and thus playing more money is good for everyone.

• Greebo

@sonicattack said…

I liked Whits when I encountered him in FD chat but he’s been really crabby and accusatory on this forum lately. Kind of a drag.

It seems only a minority of players have a problem with this issue. Anything that allows more players to feel comfortable playing more games and thus playing more money is good for everyone.

Another reason to bring back FD chat!

• bestintheworld

BITW

@DillingerFour said…

AlSmizzle smells like beef and cheese!

Alright you really crossed the line here D4. Apologize to Al. Because if Al smells like beef and cheese I’m sure all of his friends smell like beef and cheese too.

I mean “DFS brothers”.

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

@sonicattack said…

The thing people have to remember is this is really only a NBA issue. Every Feb this is talked about at length and come MLB its forgotten and people are then bashing the GL guys for costing them money cause crush Davis didn’t homer for the 4th straight game….

If they are too good they get blasted and if they are wrong they get blasted…… Hope they are getting well paid, have thick skin and broad shoulders

• whits23

2010 FFFC Finalist, 2010 DFBC Finalist, 2011 FFFC Finalist, 2014 DSBC Finalist

• x2

2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

not just nba CSU, EmpireMaker2, and PrimeTime420 all have at least one lineup the same in DK PGA. All are/were in 1st place in the 5k Tournament but its probably just a coincedence and its not an accusation its actually true

• WalterForTheW

@whits23 said…

not just nba CSU, EmpireMaker2, and PrimeTime420 all have at least one lineup the same in DK PGA. All are/were in 1st place in the 5k Tournament but its probably just a coincedence and its not an accusation its actually true

Odds of all of them arriving at the same same lineup in one tournament without sharing is essentially 0.

Any ideas for fixing this Whits? Besides taking all their $ and taking over DFS.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

in a space where people share the same methods of research and everybody works off the same ‘notes’ i don’t find it unbelievable that people have the same lineups. especially in PGA, where you’re only picking 6 players and everybody is using the same info thats provided by rotogrinders.

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@WalterForTheW said…

Odds of all of them arriving at the same same lineup in one tournament without sharing is essentially 0.

Any ideas for fixing this Whits? Besides taking all their $ and taking over DFS.

OOOOOOORRRRR….the all know nothing about Golf and used the same RG article to make their lineups.

• mlowe1833

@whits23 said…

I don’t know all the recent “teams” on FD, but when I played there it was the same thing. Like Whits or not several players (including RG’s popular players) share lineups. All you have to do is twitter search players screen names and you can see entire conversations regarding this matter. Players have every right to do this, but don’t blatantly think this is all “smoke and mirrors” it does exist and quite frequently I’ll add.

Please Note: I have not named any individual that is sharing lineups nor will I produce “proof”. If you are a regular DFS player, you have likely seen it with your own two eyes.

• vick191

anbody know what happened to FD chat lol ive been gone for 2 weeks

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

@mlowe1833 said…

I don’t know all the recent “teams” on FD, but when I played there it was the same thing. Like Whits or not several players (including RG’s popular players) share lineups. All you have to do is twitter search players screen names and you can see entire conversations regarding this matter. Players have every right to do this, but don’t blatantly think this is all “smoke and mirrors” it does exist and quite frequently I’ll add.

Please Note: I have not named any individual that is sharing lineups nor will I produce “proof”. If you are a regular DFS player, you have likely seen it with your own two eyes.

LOL ya so true. I really don’t know why they try and hide it or won’t admit that they talk about and share lineups etc. Even on GL they talk about things they discussed with each other on Gmail chat etc.

I don’t care that it happens! Why shouldn’t it happen? But to come on here and say its not happening is kinda lame.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.