NBA FORUM

Comments

• emge

2012 ROOGSLAFFLE Champ, NBA Daily Plays Writer

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2012 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

FanDuel limits max number of games to 250 per night.

Which means no more condia and 1ucror in every league now… might not see them on small stakes games at all now.

E-mail from FanDuel:

FanDuel has made a decision to limit each user on site to 250 NBA contests per night. We will initially be testing this policy manually by asking you to self-enforce this by not exceeding that limit.

You are getting this e-mail because you have either come close to that limit or have gone over it at one time or another.

We have spent a lot of time looking at how to best protect the ‘player ecosystem’ on FanDuel. Growing participation on the site is better for everyone, and protecting new players allows them to learn the game without being overwhelmed in the first few contests. This measure is being enacted partly with that in mind. You are welcome to distribute your play as you wish, just be aware of the 250 game limit.

There will be no automatic trigger telling you when you have breached the 250 limit, but we will be checking the number of games entered each day and will first issue warnings to users that violate the new policy. Further penalties will follow for multiple offenders. We are also working on some simple tools to help you monitor how many upcoming games you’re entered in.

By going with this relatively ‘lightweight’ test of the entry restrictions, we will be able to see what kind of impact it has on players participation on FanDuel, and also can focus our software development team’s efforts on other new features, such as making it easier and quicker to enter contests.

Consider the policy effective immediately.

• Putz

@alsmizzle said…

OOOOOOORRRRR….the all know nothing about Golf and used the same RG article to make their lineups.

Between the recommendations in two different PGA articles, they only had 1 player mentioned.

Two people with the same lineup is a coincidence, three is a conspiracy. Add the fact they had shared same lineups in two different sports….

It appears the Grinder’s Super Sleuths have cracked the code once again! Golf clap!

• lilbitmawhney

I’d love to hear from FD what their early thoughts are?

• only1thumb

Eh yo RG staff are you allowed to analyze that data you scrape from FD & publish it here?

• tjabshire

I’m sorry to jump into a thread that’s already dying, but I think everybody’s missed a key point about this enhancing the experience for newbs regardless of whether top players have multiple accounts or are teaming up. At the very least it will be less blatantly obvious that the action is being eaten up by sharks and new users won’t feel like they’re facing impossible odds. Joe Blow who signs up and and loses all of his money to the same top player, probably doesn’t redeposit — on the other hand, if he loses to the exact same lineup each day but under different names each time, he might feel like he was just unlucky to lose each day but the person he was picking against is not some deified professional. Sure, at the volume that experienced players are playing at we’d obviously notice who was the same. Beginners likely aren’t playing enough to spot that kind of thing though. It’s really just a matter of perception, and even if sharks do have multiple accounts or share lineups it will still be less intimidating for beginners to keep trying. I know it’s been a factor in many of my referrals giving up. For those who do play enough to be over that, I completely respect your right to make as much money as you want. It may seem deceitful to team up, but the newbs will be blissfully ignorant and that’s good for everybody. Fanduel is happy that everybody is blissful while sharks benefit from the ignorance as more money keeps getting pumped in by these beginners who feel like they can’t compete with guys who do this for a living.

• tucsonbandit

I have not read the entire thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned but the best idea I have heard to stop this practice without the need for daily game limits is to offer ‘rakeback’ at different levels of play based on monthly buy in levels.

For instance (this is just an example, reality could obviously be slightly different in the details)

1)the rake you pay for the next month is based on previous month play (for new accounts it starts at 10%)

2) The rake one pays is based on the LOWEST stake contest entered the previous month, even if the contest was only played once. Examples might be:

a) Lowest stake of contest entered previous month $500: Rake 6.5% for the next month b) Lowest stake of contest entered previous month $100: Rake 8% for the next month c) Lowest Rake contest entered previous month $1: Rake of 11% for the next month

etc, etc…

so that rake is inversely proportional to the single lowest contest entered the previous month. This way there is no game limit, but obviously playing $1 and $5 games is going to cost much more than it is worth for the very top players.

Maybe I am not thinking of some obvious flaw with such a system, but such a system would require no policing if I am thinking about it correctly. Of course you still have the issue of ‘fake accounts’, but if you make over $250 you must file a tax return to get your money if I am not mistaken, so risking all of your legit accounts winnings to make fake accounts to hoover up loose change would hardly seem worth the risk.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.