MAIN FORUM

Comments

• brahma21

So I got an email from Fanduel a bit ago informing me that I’m not going to be permitted to enter low entry fee contests (0.01-2.99) as of 9/19 due to career profits over $50K. I’m sure many others got this too. I’m not a high volume player and my winnings come from NFL. I have no problem being restricted in the profitable sport, but I’d still like to play some low entry stuff in some sports that I have yet to try or not profitable in. I wish they would take this into consideration instead of a blanket ban on low entry contests. I’m not a member of DK yet so maybe I can turn there, but I really enjoy FD.

Any reps on here that might have more clarification on this? Thanks

• GrindUnumb

Can’t help for FanDuel, but if you do join DK or another site, you would be able to enter the Beginner contests and such until you earn a Badge on the new site.

• wolfjb1

That sucks. I’ve “won” a lot but am net unprofitable. I’ve been playing for two years, so I’ll be at about $50K “winnings” in two more years. I had no idea they were doing this. I often enter 1 and $2 GPPs in MLB, NFL and NBA.

• Roma315

😂 didn’t get the email yet but I’m well over 50k…what a joke

• squirrelpatrol

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #11

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I got the email – they are pretty explicit that the $50k has to be profits, not winnings:

“These restrictions apply to those users that are experienced players and meet the following criteria:

You have played more than $1 million in lifetime entry fees; or
    You have profits of more than $50K.”

• TheRyanFlaherty

That’s pretty stupid.
    And I say this as a low stakes player who theoretically should be helped by this.

For DFS to succeed their needs to be a symbiotic relationship between all player groups…there are many legit problems that should be discussed and addressed but stuff like this seems to be the most extreme and least thought out solution possible and rarely do those kind of solutions do much good.
    I’m all for limiting such entries, but cutting people off complete seems silly – for reasons the OP stated, plus removing those players may limit the size of the healer GPP’s (which attract casual players)…and I’m going to stop typing because I really shouldn’t be surprised because it’s consistent with all their decision making….nothing they do leads you to believe their run by competent individuals.

• brahma21

Yeah, I guess I meant “profits” not “winnings” over $50K like the email stated. I just wish there was a way to make the restriction sport specific.

• RadonLove

The temptation to multi-account in order to be allowed to play lower buyin events will be too strong for some folks to resist.

• ThatStunna

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Email text:

“We want to let you know about some changes on the site that will affect the contests in which you can enter. Since our founding in 2009, we have consistently launched new products, updates and features in order to provide a best in class experience for users of all levels. Our site is a place where anyone, from novice fantasy players to experts, can begin or continue to play in a fair, fun environment, and sometimes we have to implement new restrictions to make sure we continue to grow the right way.

With that in mind, beginning on 9/19, we are restricting experienced players (badge holders only) that have met certain thresholds of skill or profit from entering public contests with entry fees ranging from $0.01-$2.99. These restrictions apply to those users that are experienced players and meet the following criteria:

You have played more than $1 million in lifetime entry fees; or
    You have profits of more than $50K.
    We will update the list of affected users every Tuesday morning after Monday night’s contests settle, and the restrictions will go into effect that same Tuesday night. At that time, your status may change if your settled contests enable you to meet the above criteria. Any entries made in $0.01-$2.99 contests prior to Tuesday night will remain unaffected, but users will be restricted from making such entries going forward.

If you have any questions, please email support@fanduel.com.”

It states that you can be added to the list by winning more; it is not clear whether people, who have less than $1m in entries and then drop below $50k in profit, could be removed from the list for a time.

Some other differences:
    Fanduel:
    -Allows $3-4 contests, does not allow any entries even in very large contests below $3, still has the overall cap on entries $10 and below for each slate (1500 for NFL, 500 for other sports)

Draftkings:
    -Excludes most $3-4 contests, allows entries into 25k+ contests that have low entry fees (even 0.25), overall caps on non-guaranteed contests of 50 per $ level, has community guidelines

It will be interesting to see if Fanduel alters their contest options going forward (e.g. $3 leagues).

• Whodatnation

So if you are fitting into one of these categories, you can’t play any of the 2 dollar big double ups either?

• mambaland

funny all the pro guys are in it so i guess they dont profit as much

• mjtaxpro

Mamba, according to the email posted above it says, ‘beginning 9/19…’ This change doesn’t go into effect until tomorrow so all the pros were allowed in it yesterday.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

I applaud FD for doing this. As a low-stakes albeit “experienced” player who plays casually, I appreciate each site offering some contests that aren’t available to top players. Any top DFS player who has a problem with this restriction is clearly preying on casual players and should pick on someone his/her own size.

That said, I think the DFS sites should simply refine the definitions for experience badges to incorporate these types of thresholds. That way, they could be more transparent by designating certain contests as “experienced players excluded” etc rather than restricting top players behind the scenes.

• querb

on FD seeing birdwings and cp21 among others in the $2 3-10 man cash games and $2 50/50 gives me the shakes it makes me so mad

• jjwd

Hang tough querb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• B_Edelman

Any word on whether DK is going to do this too?

• bigez952

@B_Edelman said...

Any word on whether DK is going to do this too?

Draftkings did this first by limiting anyone who has played over 1 million in entries to any game that is under a $5 entry fee and has less than a 25K total prize pool. This has been in place for about a month or so already.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.