NFL FORUM

Comments

• chris1485

I heard fanduel is going to be doing NFL preseason. If this is true, are backup qbs the most important stats to keep track of?

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

I would expect them to offer it, and I would also expect plenty of info available on RG about them

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@chris1485 said...

I heard fanduel is going to be doing NFL preseason. If this is true, are backup qbs the most important stats to keep track of?

they offered it last year.

sethayates put out some solid articles breaking down the plays.

• blackcloud420

They had it before but yeah there is no edge. There is going to be articles, picks and all type of stuff plastered all over the site.

• chris1485

Yea I pretty much assumed there isn’t an edge…I’m just a degenerate. I solely play NFL and did pretty well last year and it just can’t come fast enough

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@chris1485 said...

Yea I pretty much assumed there isn’t an edge…I’m just a degenerate. I solely play NFL and did pretty well last year and it just can’t come fast enough

Rule of thumb…when somebody tells you there is no edge, always make it your default assumption that they simply are unable to win at whatever they are referring to.

• keith1174

NFL preseason is what got me hooked on daily fantasy. First day i signed up i played a 250 man $2 league and i won it thanks to 2 late first half tds from peyton to emmanuel sanders. I even had Bishop Sankey has my rb. It was like week 3 of the presason where starters played the most.

I would say that if you play the 1st couple weeks you have to go with all the 2nd and 3rd stringers for sure.

• blackcloud420

@Slah said...

Rule of thumb…when somebody tells you there is no edge, always make it your default assumption that they simply are unable to win at whatever they are referring to.

Speaking of assumptions lmao

• scottmsteiner

@keith1174 said...

I would say that if you play the 1st couple weeks you have to go with all the 2nd and 3rd stringers for sure.

And ignore the salary cap.

• mke272

@blackcloud420 said...

They had it before but yeah there is no edge. There is going to be articles, picks and all type of stuff plastered all over the site.

Exactly. There are a ton of unknowns in the preseason and the guys that play the most might get one half of play. It’s still a lot of fun but when you add to the fact that most of the top picks are obvious and most true casual players aren’t even thinking about fantasy until the regular season, there isn’t much edge.

• tprokopenko

Massive edge in preseason NFL. It was almost impossible not to cash in GPPs last season. it could be different this season, but crazy amounts of dead rosters last year. Stoked for this year; almost there!

• chris1485

Yea I kind of love garaffallo in preseason…if Brady doesn’t get his suspension reduced I can see him getting a lot of preparation snaps

• chris1485

Predicting wide receivers usage is the hardest thing about preseason in my opinion

• BigBootyBob

This would be pretty cool. Can’t really go w/ a reliable starting RB first 2 weeks of preseason; have to guess who gets the most carries of the back ups?

• chris1485

I went through preseason stats from 2013 and 2014 and really couldn’t find any patterns or reliable stats. Although I did notice that rookie qbs, teams with unknown starters , and backups to elite quarterbacks seemed to get most playing time. I will give some stats though, that I think could be useful for preseason.

• chris1485

Top ten teams in 2014 preseason for rushing attempts a game… Ravens with 39, packers with 35, redskins with 33.8, chargers with 32.8, giants with 32.8, jets with 32.2, Vikings with 31.5, patriots with 31, broncos with 30.5, and seahawks with 30.2

• chris1485

Top ten teams in 2014 preseason for passing attempts a game…raiders with 40.2, eagles with 39.5, bills with 36.4, saints with 36.2, dolphins with 36, jaguars with 35.5, bears with 35, lions with 34.5, falcons with 34.2, and patriots with 34.

• chris1485

Top ten teams in 2014 for receiving yards a game…eagles with 303.8, patriots with 266, falcons with 262, bears with 259, titans with 258.5, jaguars with 257.5, raiders with 253.8, rams with 253.2, redskins with 251.8, and packers with 246.5.

• chris1485

Top ten teams in 2014 preseason for points per game…eagles with 32.8, seahawks with 30.5, Bengals with 27.5, ravens with, 26.2, packers with 25.5, broncos with 24.8, raiders with 23.8, saints with 23.2, giants with 23, and patriots with 22.8.

• sethayates

@chris1485 said...

I wrote articles last year and I plan to again along with whatever else is offered on this site. I cashed 100% of my GPPs last year across all 3 weeks Preseason was offered. I also took second in the $25 Bomb on FanDuel when I properly identified Allen Hurns as a good player no one had heard of. The week prior to that Henry Josey was a must play. I have to disagree with anyone who says there isn’t an edge. There was a massive edge for me. I ran into people who were using starters who only played for 10 plays. I’m stoked for Preseason NFL.

• sethayates

@chris1485 said...

I went through preseason stats from 2013 and 2014 and really couldn’t find any patterns or reliable stats. Although I did notice that rookie qbs, teams with unknown starters , and backups to elite quarterbacks seemed to get most playing time. I will give some stats though, that I think could be useful for preseason.

The most useful thing was to read the ESPN W2W4 (What to Watch for) articles. The beat writers who have been at camp for several weeks will give you a good idea who has shined at camp. They also have an idea who will get extended playing time. I also googled W2W4 articles form the team’s actual sites when I wrote my article. I will do the same thing again this year. Try to compile everything the beat writers are saying into one article. From there its just a guessing game on who will perform.

• chris1485

Thanks man…you’re kind of infamous around here when it comes to preseason dfs. I look forward to any information or knowledge you provide

• sethayates

@chris1485 said...

Thanks man…you’re kind of infamous around here when it comes to preseason dfs. I look forward to any information or knowledge you provide

Preseason is where I got my start here at RG. FD and DK sort of dropped Preseason contests into the lobby unannounced with only a day or so of notice. RG didn’t have any of the staff writers doing anything and someone asked in the forums if anything would be posted. I stepped up and posted a blog that people enjoyed so I just ran with it. I supsect this year we will get a little more of the officially endorsed RG content from the big names.

Here are the Preseason Slates they can run:

Week 1:
    THU 8/13: 6 Games
    FRI 8/14: 6 Games
    SAT 8/15: 3 Games
    Week 2:
    THU 8/20: 2 Games
    FRI 8/21: 2 Games
    SAT 8/22: 8 Games
    SUN 8/23: 3 Games
    Week 3:
    FRI 8/28: 3 Games
    SAT 8/29: 11 Games
    SUN 8/30: 2 Games
    Week 4:
    THU 9/03: 15 Games

• chris1485

And one more …top ten teams from 2014 preseason for receptions to tight ends…rams 29, eagles 28, titans 23, chiefs 20, bears 19, bills 19, panthers 18, jets 18, chargers 17, and broncos 17.

• chris1485

That’s great. With the NFL season being so short, any extra games to make some money is an added bonus.

• chris1485

Any stats I provided can only be taken with a grain of salt. The hard part is finding out who’s passing, catching, and receiving the ball.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler