MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bdub10

FD Rep

Here at FanDuel we are very excited to announce our next live final which will be taking place at the Playboy Mansion, the Playboy Basketball Championship! The event will feature a $600,000 prize pool with first place taking home $100,000. The final will be taking place on February 27th.
    The first $25 qualifier will run tomorrow, December 22nd and is posted in the lobby now. You can find the full details here: https://www.fanduel.com/playboy-basketball

• JDub07

Is this only live basketball championship? Or will you have another big one that is normally in Vegas…. or San Diego.

• MrFantasy

Awesome. My first year trying to qualify, can’t wait!

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Nice this means dk will probably announce theirs tomorrow. lol

• cheatc0des

• $1M Prize Winner

• 2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Wish the prize pool was larger but I’ll try to make my way into it. I just wanna shoot some treys with Nash or someone

• jkidd1084

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Why was there no NFL PBFC this year? =(

• theinnovative

Did first qualifier fill up already? Don’t see it in lobby

• proshares

Looks like it already filled.

• dacoltz

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2021 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

These are going to fill very quick each day like last year. It’s a shame Fanduel doesn’t realize what they have in NBA as constantly undershoot the demand. People don’t want to have to late swap NBA and they could absolutely crush Draftkings in this space but they don’t capitalize on it.

• spades4085

Its not filled188 out of 648…

• theinnovative

@spades4085 said...

Its not filled188 out of 648…

new contest. anyone know how many entries were in the first that filled?

• spades4085

@theinnovative said...

My bad, couldnt tell you on the first contest

• HoneyBadgerDFS

looks like fun

• proshares

Pretty sure it was the same amount of people.

• tonytone1908

@theinnovative said...

it was exactly the same

• theinnovative

appreciate it. good luck guys. really looking to qualify this year, hopefully I see some of you at the mansion.

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Definitely undershot the guarantee but always easy to say after you see the demand

Draftkings I’m sure will take notice of this

• Votts

Yeah this final was definitely way undershot wow.

• mjordantmac

• 2016 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

Wasn’t it the same last year? Bummer… thought it would be bigger this year. Now I don’t feel cool being the first person to qualify _

• Scott121422

Knows the College Sportz

• Blogger of the Month

With tonight being a 4-game slate there are going to be soo many identical lineups.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

I’m not sure they really “undershot” the prize pool. Could they have sustained more? Sure, but maybe that’s not really the goal with this one.

After all, they have a live Championship final every year with a massive prize pool, so maybe they’re just trying to include some smaller ones that are more “attainable”. Kinda reminds me of the smaller 10-15 person finals they did for baseball. I personally like the variety so that every live final isn’t 200 people with $12,000,000 up for grabs, making it insanely difficult to get a seat.

• ldavidjm

Well if they are having a larger one later that’s one thing, if this is all there is its a pretty small pool (Only 100k larger than FA…don’t get me wrong, FA is awesome but FD has a ton more traffic)

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@CruzinToVictory said...

I’m not sure they really “undershot” the prize pool. Could they have sustained more? Sure, but maybe that’s not really the goal with this one.

After all, they have a live Championship final every year with a massive prize pool, so maybe they’re just trying to include some smaller ones that are more “attainable”. Kinda reminds me of the smaller 10-15 person finals they did for baseball. I personally like the variety so that every live final isn’t 200 people with $12,000,000 up for grabs, making it insanely difficult to get a seat.

I get the idea of this but even if it’s a small one before the big one, they are on 3 qualifiers on a 4 game NBA slate

Fanduel missed the boat on this, it’s okay given market and all uncertainties but they definitely made this too small

• dacoltz

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #2

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2021 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

The small live finals are nice as they are a more personal feel so I have no problem with that idea. However with this approach it is still very large so it doesn’t accomplish that goal. Also if you look at the value of the tickets in this mini finals they were significantly more valuable than these tickets. In this case the travel value takes up such a significant amount of the ticket value which shouldn’t really be the goal. Clearly the legal uncertainties play a role but pretty disappointing to me.

• JeffElJefe

• $1M Prize Winner

• x2

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@CruzinToVictory said...

After all, they have a live Championship final every year with a massive prize pool

They didn’t last year. Their WFBBC was pretty small (also $100k to first) for a live final and I think most people were pretty disappointed that it wasn’t bigger.

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

the smaller the payout, the easier it is to get in though. So when they raise it to 12 Million bucks, people will then start to complain that it’s too hard for the small stakes guy to get in. People will complain about eeeeeeverything! Just remember, there’s probably over a billion people in this world that have MUCH bigger problems than this (such as finding food for the day to just not starve).

So my point is, enjoy and love what we have here, and stop complaining

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).