NFL FORUM

Comments

• bholloway

Here’s our story on the new look at FanDuel. Dan will be talking with Nigel Eccles on today’s Fantasy Fix, and should have more details available for us then.

Cliff’s notes version:

- the new “Friends Mode” will launch later this month. It sounds like a blend of season-long and DFS, allowing users to play against a set of leaguemates in DFS contests in each week of the NFL season.

- NFL contests for Week 1 are up. Kickers are staying and prizepools are unsurprisingly down quite a bit from last year’s Week 1. We saw pools shrink quite a bit during the 2015 season, but there was some debate over whether that was due to a contracting player pool or just part of the seasonal rhythm of DFS.

- Kickers are staying at FanDuel.

- The lobby looks a bit different with a new logo and color scheme, but the lobby functions pretty much the same as ever (at least as far as I’ve noticed so far).

• RangerC

@thedude404 said...

also, i have to commend fanduel for not sending out “you’re a winner” emails like draftkings does when in fact i’m usually a massive loser.

I love those – got one for PGA telling me I had won $60 (actually lost $340). How hard is it to have a filter that only sends the email if winnings for the slate > entry fees?

BTW before everyone says how tiny and crappy this is:

2014 Sunday Million WK 1 – $100K to first, 45,977 entries

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/48578/416/fanduel-week-1-recap

Still doubling up 2014 without NY (can’t plan around them, I think, with the uncertainty) and TX.

Also don’t see how 200K is too small of a prize.

• wavegoodbye

Kickers still there no late swap. This is pure marketing rebrand. Good for them I guess hope it helps business but really nothing new for experienced players.

How about a decent players reward system? I remember emailing fan duel two nfl seasons and they said a new much more friendly rewards system was on the horizon… Still waiting and prob will be for eternity.

• ThatStunna

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #12

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@jdtrey said...

Only new or losing players are usually overly concerned with having a huge first place prize.

So… the majority of players then?

• SouthernShield

@ThatStunna said...

So… the majority of players then?

Doesn’t make them right. Flatter payouts are better for everyone.

• Olhausen

@jr1886 said...

200K first prize to open the season is really timid. They are very risk adverse, and that’s why I like having Draftkings as another force to push them to take risk and innovate.

Apparently you haven’t heard about all the states they lost over the last year. If the New York governor had signed the dfs bill I’m sure the contests would be bigger. But as of now they don’t know if New Yorkers will be back by opening weekend.

• jr1886

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@Olhausen said...

Apparently you haven’t heard about all the states they lost over the last year. If the New York governor had signed the dfs bill I’m sure the contests would be bigger. But as of now they don’t know if New Yorkers will be back by opening weekend.

I have. Why will Draftkings be much bigger? Fanduel keeps saying they are as big as Draftkings but refuse to take any risk. There is a reason why Fanduel is not fighting for Texas.

• Heterodox

@wavegoodbye said...

Kickers still there no late swap.

or contest csv

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

I love it! A re-brand is very smart at this point, heading into NFL Season. Looking forward to seeing the new commercials.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

@Cameron said...

I love it! A re-brand is very smart at this point, heading into NFL Season. Looking forward to seeing the new commercials.

I’ve won over $350 playing daily fantasy sports on FanDuel!

• tvsfrink

I wouldn’t mind late swap for NFL but if they have to do late swap or no late swap across all sports, I’ll gladly take no late swap just for NBA (and MLB to a lesser degree). Go play DK if you don’t like it.

• Genghis_Khan

RG Overall Ranking

@CruzinToVictory said...

Bradley C? Is that you?

• walkoff9

I don’t know why both sites would not offer contests with/without late swap.

For the big contests stick with what you have been doing, but why not offer it for H2H or double ups if thats what some people want.

• DailyLoser

@walkoff9 said...

I don’t know why both sites would not offer contests with/without late swap.

For the big contests stick with what you have been doing, but why not offer it for H2H or double ups if thats what some people want.

I was just thinking the exact same thing before you posted. I think if there were no issues with states and legality, this would be feasible. However, since that is not the case, it probably isn’t possible. Maybe you’re right for the smaller contests but that might cause a rift. Why don’t you offer this option for your larger contests? Not sure.

• RangerC

@jr1886 said...

Fanduel keeps saying they are as big as Draftkings but refuse to take any risk.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/dk-s-golf-slates-make-no-sense-1348560?page=1

DK is extremely risk adverse/conservative in PGA/EURO golf – we’ve had slates shrink in golf multiple times after they filled hours early the week before (not to mention DK doesn’t run 2-day post cut PGA slates, doesn’t run alternate events, has a ton of pricing errors every week that they don’t take the time to fix).

• jsw3ent

@CruzinToVictory said...

LOL ^^^^THIS^^^^ LOL

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

@Genghis_Khan said...

Bradley C? Is that you?

Don’t be silly, that chump only won $349.

• JCULL

I love that Fanduel isn’t pandering to the “pros” like DraftKings does. If you don’t make the industry fair for all levels and bankrolls it will fail.

• jimmyrad

I deem that color Aidsblubola, nice on the eyes…

• jr1886

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@RangerC said...

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/dk-s-golf-slates-make-no-sense-1348560?page=1

DK is extremely risk adverse/conservative in PGA/EURO golf – we’ve had slates shrink in golf multiple times after they filled hours early the week before (not to mention DK doesn’t run 2-day post cut PGA slates, doesn’t run alternate events, has a ton of pricing errors every week that they don’t take the time to fix).

But can you imagine Fanduel with a millionaire maker in golf? I think it’s fair to say without Draftkings, this industry would not have yet a millionaire maker constest.

• SouthernShield

@jr1886 said...

But can you imagine Fanduel with a millionaire maker in golf? I think it’s fair to say without Draftkings, this industry would not have yet a millionaire maker constest.

This industry doesn’t need Milly Makers. They are really a JOKE. They are bad for the long-term health of DFS

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Heterodox said...

or contest csv

Right. How does their CEO say this: “The new FanDuel brand reflects our commitment to transparency, innovation and enhancing the user experience. We are confident it will showcase what we have to offer all sports fans.”

Commitment to transparency but still offer no CSV for GPP’s. Gotcha.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@Stewburtx8 said...

Right. How does their CEO say this: “The new FanDuel brand reflects our commitment to transparency, innovation and enhancing the user experience. We are confident it will showcase what we have to offer all sports fans.”

Commitment to transparency but still offer no CSV for GPP’s. Gotcha.

I asked him this question today and felt like they didn’t view it as a priority for most users.

• Lathum

@SouthernShield said...

This industry doesn’t need Milly Makers. They are really a JOKE. They are bad for the long-term health of DFS

Agree. I actually prefer not having them because I feel obligated to enter it. I don’t want to be the schmuck who wins 10K ( which would be nice) with a lineup that would have won a million.

• ihaveareputation

• x3

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@db730 said...

I asked him this question today and felt like they didn’t view it as a priority for most users.

Thanks for continuing to ask him about this. I still primarily play on DK explicitly because of this feature. Not having it available just opens the door for hacks and shady practices by rogue employees easier to hide. Having the feature would cost them nothing and gain a lot of transparency and good will from the player base.

It’s astounding to me that their management doesn’t recognize this.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@db730 said...

Thanks for asking the question Dan. I feel like the CSV feature really does not need to be a priority for any users for them to feel the need to implement it. It is the most basic level of transparency for DFS in my opinion, especially as it pertains to huge GPP’s with huge top heavy payouts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler