NFL FORUM

Comments

• bholloway

Here’s our story on the new look at FanDuel. Dan will be talking with Nigel Eccles on today’s Fantasy Fix, and should have more details available for us then.

Cliff’s notes version:

- the new “Friends Mode” will launch later this month. It sounds like a blend of season-long and DFS, allowing users to play against a set of leaguemates in DFS contests in each week of the NFL season.

- NFL contests for Week 1 are up. Kickers are staying and prizepools are unsurprisingly down quite a bit from last year’s Week 1. We saw pools shrink quite a bit during the 2015 season, but there was some debate over whether that was due to a contracting player pool or just part of the seasonal rhythm of DFS.

- Kickers are staying at FanDuel.

- The lobby looks a bit different with a new logo and color scheme, but the lobby functions pretty much the same as ever (at least as far as I’ve noticed so far).

• y2mulder

@db730 said...

I asked him this question today and felt like they didn’t view it as a priority for most users.

They shouldn’t be worrying about what the users think. It’s about being transparent and playing with an open hand.

• RangerC

@jr1886 said...

But can you imagine Fanduel with a millionaire maker in golf? I think it’s fair to say without Draftkings, this industry would not have yet a millionaire maker constest.

I don’t disagree that DK pushes the envelope MUCH more than FD (obv. FD has no soccer, mma, nascar, golf, etc) but Dk has an odd combination of being very aggressive with events that could overlay hugely (and sometimes do – I remember the $40 MM from 2 seasons ago in NFL, whoops) and refusing to risk low probability (Golf nearly always fills early), small losses.

• Mphst18

I don’t play on FD so had no idea they have no CSV, how in the world is that being allowed?

They are just asking for something like what happened with the pick 6 scandal with the ponies.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-03-25/sports/0303250205_1_breeders-cup-chris-harn-pick-six

• jdubadubs

Still no D points for returning a blocked punt for a TD but 6 points if its a blocked kick?

• Choco26

What do you mean no CSV? Can’t mass-import lineups through CSV? Or can’t download all the rosters into a CSV once the contests start?

• pool7410

@db730 said...

I asked him this question today and felt like they didn’t view it as a priority for most users.

Dan I listened to your podcast today and loved how you asked him this question directly but I was little disappointed how you just let him off the hook and didn’t ask any follow up questions about it.

For Fanduel to say they are committed to transparency and not allow people to export all lineups to CSV after lock is an absolute joke. If I own a company and can do something to remove all doubt about a contest being rigged I would just do it. I wouldn’t wait until I get a million emails about it to do something.

I talk to people at work about Fanduel and I constantly hear “the winning lineup just seems too crazy. I wonder if Fanduel adds lineups after lock. I wonder if hackers out there can add their lineups late, ect”. If we were just able to download a CSV of all the entries it would remove all doubt.

• jsw3ent

Still no innings/minutes/quarters/etc remaining on the view by entries page———you still have to toggle over to the view by lineups page————however there is plenty room on the view by entries to add them.

• deejones49

@Mphst18 said...

I don’t play on FD so had no idea they have no CSV, how in the world is that being allowed?

They are just asking for something like what happened with the pick 6 scandal with the ponies.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-03-25/sports/0303250205_1_breeders-cup-chris-harn-pick-six

I agree right after lock all lineups should be downloaded.

• chronoxiong

Blue is my favorite color but I can’t get used to the new color scheme. It’s so blue…and so bright. Darn. Well hey, at least the NFL Beginner games are back! I remember I used to participate in those when I was a young rookie. I kinda miss the Expert games with the smaller salary cap too but no biggie.

• viadolorosa714

@pool7410 said...

I wonder if Fanduel adds lineups after lock. I wonder if hackers out there can add their lineups late, ect”. If we were just able to download a CSV of all the entries it would remove all doubt.

Not the only one who wonders about this.

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@viadolorosa714 said...

Not the only one who wonders about this.

It’s a shame that this has not risen to the top of their priority list. They could eliminate these fears with one improvement. I know there are people inside Fanduel, like DillingerFour, that are always lobbying for it. We’ll keep pushing them on this. Some of the Fanduel crew is coming by the office when they’re in town for the WFBC so we’ll have another chance then.

• Tammy409

@Lathum said...

Even if those people bust week two they will be more willing to reload since they at least know they can cash. If a guy can play 2-3 weeks off their deposit it is much easier to justify reloading.

The worst thing for the industry is for new players to think they have zero chance of winning, because they will then deposit once and never come back because they will feel cheated.

I agree with you for Dfs Sites in general; but I think FanDuel is the last site on which a new Dfs player stands a chance. I opened accounts with both DK’s and FD on the same day in NFL week 13 ly; and while I knew my $25 was gone before first fane’s kickoff due to their (as I recall) ludicrous lack of salary cap and also some lack of entry confirmation issue that had taken my $3 contest LU entry 8 times. I may have won; might have a balance; have never returned.

DraftKings was way more appealing from a variety and challenge perspective straight off the rip. Was also far easier for a clueless novice (me) to win early and often; up 5-figures until late in final game of that slate and I didn’t even know I could change players after my min salary TE (Richard Rodgers) caught that TNF ‘Hail Mary’.. I bet on the same $25 (duped in sixty- seconds out of by FanDuel) with DK’s for nearky 3 months. Needless to say; I’ve now made many, many additional deposits; totaling 40x those initial deposits. DraftKings is (to me), the only site of the two where a casual fan can hope to compete.

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

Very interested in “Friends Mode.”

I’ve been a strong supporter of season long type of leagues for quite some time. My hope is that the “Friends” aspect of it doesn’t mean you are responsible for finding people to be involved in those types of leagues that that they are still a public form of play because the sad reality is I don’t have many friends that get into sports and fantasy play the way I do.

• bradizpro

• 2016 FABC Finalist

Still no ownership % page, sigh

• Heterodox

@db730 said...

I don’t see how that’s a relevant consideration for this specific issue. Most users just want to play and not think about these things. Some of us like to pay attention. I mean it’s really baffling that they don’t just make a csv available.

Did you ask him why they wouldn’t just do it anyway, for those who pay attention to these things, to have one more piece of ammunition against those who question the integrity of the sites and the contests that they run? How about the concept of best practices?

• Gwill18

DKs preseason games are up

• FFguru71

What i hate abut FD’s payout structures, particularly for the $25 GPP’s is that you don’t even double your $$ for cashing the bottom spots. To me, that’s ridiculous. They could pay a lot less spots as far as I’m concerned. I mean, if I cash in a bottom spot and can only win $15 more than my entry, then even if I don’t win anything, A whole $15 profit, does nothing for me. I don’t care. Now, double (or triple my winnings) for min cashing, and it makes it more enticing. I remember when the bomb was their big $25 contest, and i know for a fact, the min cash in that was at least $50, and it may hev even been $75.

• tvsfrink

I just wish FD would honor the “Remember Me” checkbox.

• btwice80

@Cal said...

It’s a shame that this has not risen to the top of their priority list.

It’s a shame that Dan let Nigel’s non-answer pass. How about something like, “Nigel, I’m sorry, but that’s not an answer. What does ‘not risen to the top of the priority list’ mean? Why hasn’t it. I know you have employees that have been lobbying for it for a long time. You claim to be aiming for transparency but ignore a very basic aspect of making your contests transparent.”

• wolfjb1

@btwice80 said...

It’s a shame that Dan let Nigel’s non-answer pass. How about something like, “Nigel, I’m sorry, but that’s not an answer. What does ‘not risen to the top of the priority list’ mean? Why hasn’t it. I know you have employees that have been lobbying for it for a long time. You claim to be aiming for transparency but ignore a very basic aspect of making your contests transparent.”

I don’t see how Dan deserves criticism for this line of questioning. Nigel runs a business. He makes changes based on what his customers (supposedly) want. According to him, people – other than those of us on here – don’t want this. Personally, I agree that this feature should be available, but businesses make changes based on what customers want.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@wolfjb1 said...

I don’t see how Dan deserves criticism for this line of questioning. Nigel runs a business. He makes changes based on what his customers (supposedly) want. According to him, people – other than those of us on here – don’t want this. Personally, I agree that this feature should be available, but businesses make changes based on what customers want.

I could not disagree more with your statement that businesses should only make changes based on what customers want (although I think a lot of customers do want this and really no one should have any reason to be against it). This isn’t a picking a side feature. This is something that you either want or just do not care about. No one can possibly be against it (unless they have a way to cheat after contests lock).

DFS is currently traveling through rough waters when it comes to regulations and also just the overall perception of DFS. One of the biggest hurdles they need to climb is to prove to regulators and the general public that their games are fair and completely on the up and up. That they have everything in order and employees or individuals outside the company are not cheating customers out of their money.

They then rebrand and one of the first words they use is “transparent.” Well a CSV file for GPP’s after contests lock is the MOST basic level of transparency. It should be a very easy thing to implement and to not have it is a colossal failure in my opinion. So I do tend to agree with btwice80 that this is something that deserved a follow up question to Nigel because he clearly just doesn’t get it in this case.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler