INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Ross

FanDuel statement to the Press 10/7

https://newsroom.fanduel.com/2015/10/07/statement-to-the-press/ (text below)

“Media reports yesterday raised issues concerning an employee from another fantasy site participating in our NFL Sunday Million contest last week. Trust with our players is core to our business and has always been our primary concern so we take any potential game integrity issue very seriously.

Based on everything we know thus far, there is no evidence indicating that the integrity of FanDuel’s contest was in any way compromised, or that non-public information was used for unfair advantage. That said, the incident has raised questions about the trust-based relationship we have with our players so just relying on what we know right now isn’t enough. That’s why we’re taking the following steps:

We have permanently banned our employees from playing any daily fantasy games for money, on any site. We will also require all customers to confirm that they are not an employee of any other third party fantasy site, and if they are, they will not be allowed to access our site.

We have asked former federal judge and United States Attorney General Michael Mukasey to review the facts and evaluate our internal controls, standards and practices. His mandate is to conduct a review to identify ways that we can ensure we are doing the right things to maintain the trust we have with our players. He will have the freedom and authority to look at any areas he thinks appropriate. We will ask him and his team at the law firm Debevoise & Plimpton to develop a set of recommendations for us to adopt and to highlight any areas where our controls can be strengthened.

We are also creating an internal advisory board, led by Michael Garcia of the Kirkland & Ellis law firm and former United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. The advisory board will provide on-going advice, recommendations and guidance to ensure that we are always taking every step possible to ensure the integrity of our site and our games. We also look forward to speaking with regulators across the nation about how to define the right set of rules for our industry as it continues to grow.

FanDuel is one of the fastest growing companies in the world. The way fans have embraced our games is a clear sign that fantasy sports is here to stay.

It’s our job to ensure that as our company grows, so does our ability to ensure that our fans can be confident in the sanctity and integrity of every game, every day.”

• eisenhauert10

Excellent response. I look forward to seeing the DFS community grow with professionalism like this.

• DabsAndFrags

Way to handle it.

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

I feel for those who are directly affected by FD’s new policy, but it seemed to be an inevitable step considering the recent events. Ultimately, this will go a long ways in regaining the public trust. Kudos to you, Fanduel!

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

I have no problem with this, I think this is an excellent response. My only question is how does this affect those who may be employees of other sites who have won seats to events already? Are they distinguishing between employees and consultants? I also wonder if this would cause any employees to leave sites or if they include consultants. As some have pointed out, some may make more money playing DFS then working for DFS companies.

Still some things to be worked out, but over all a great step forward I fee.

• Fcrespo79

Excellent response by Fanduel. I am very happy to see Fanduel and hopefully Draftkings taking an assertive step towards fixing a problem that was just the beginning. I am a DFS player for many years and I would suggest a smaller cap size in multi-entry contest to provide a more fair playing field for the players that don’t currently have the bankroll to put out 500 lineups in a tournament.. So like kaetorade said Kudos to you and hope to see all these changes soon.

• smutpeddlers

I just have to say Fanduel just killed it with their response and if Draftkings isn’t far behind it makes them look REAL bad. In no way should have FD come out with this before DK……..

• bigloser11

I think we are all very happy.Besides the response, it adds legitimacy/credibility by bringing in outside quasi oversight people.I feel that there are a lot of big investors/ sport enterprises etc. that see this industry about to explode and want this to work.I only wish they would come up with better ads, some professional maturity is needed.Otherwise excellent start. jm

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

Well done fanduel. I’ve only ever played on fanduel. Was waiting to build up my measly bankroll to maximize bonuses on other sites. As it stands now, I will just keep my money with them.

• jesball

This is all well and good, but how does the company insure the public that in the future, no Draftkings/Fanduel employee won’t have an outside source (a friend, cousin, etc), play games for him/her, with information provided by that employee? You need to have stricter checks of all big winners (5000 dollars or more).

• Viking916

Terrific response. They knee it was better to take action now rather than wait. This industry has no limit (pun intended for those of you with triple digit IQ’s) as far as potential, which inevitably means regulation. I am curious what the finding is over at DK.

• rainbowtroutman

good job FD

• tasteitsucka

“Based on everything we know thus far, there is no evidence indicating that the integrity of FanDuel’s contest was in any way compromised, or that non-public information was used for unfair advantage.”

Well…that’s just not true at all.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@ChaosM83 said...

I have no problem with this, I think this is an excellent response. My only question is how does this affect those who may be employees of other sites who have won seats to events already? Are they distinguishing between employees and consultants? I also wonder if this would cause any employees to leave sites or if they include consultants. As some have pointed out, some may make more money playing DFS then working for DFS companies.

Still some things to be worked out, but over all a great step forward I fee.

This is only my opinion and don’t really want to derail this thread as the statement from Fanduel is excellent. Maybe needed 2-3 days ago, but better late than never.

-Employees who won seats will likely be paid out the value of the seat. New qualifiers will be created to fill those seats. This avoids the firestorm that “Fanduel employee wins $5 million on Draftkings” could cause.

-Consultants aren’t employees, so why would they be included in this ban? I feel like people are just trying to get DK Pros removed from contests.

-Yes, I think some employees may choose to stop working at the site so they can play DFS. I don’t think this will happen immediately though because it wouldn’t look good, especially for the guys who have been named in the media.

• Stewburtx8

@tasteitsucka said...

Well…that’s just not true at all.

You must have some top secret evidence to the contrary?

• sutogame

@Stewburtx8 said...

This is only my opinion and don’t really want to derail this thread as the statement from Fanduel is excellent. Maybe needed 2-3 days ago, but better late than never.

-Employees who won seats will likely be paid out the value of the seat. New qualifiers will be created to fill those seats. This avoids the firestorm that “Fanduel employee wins $5 million on Draftkings” could cause.

-Consultants aren’t employees, so why would they be included in this ban? I feel like people are just trying to get DK Pros removed from contests.

-Yes, I think some employees may choose to stop working at the site so they can play DFS. I don’t think this will happen immediately though because it wouldn’t look good, especially for the guys who have been named in the media.

FD is refusing to show who has qualified for the FFWC? They need to create this page on their website.

• tasteitsucka

@Stewburtx8 said...

You must have some top secret evidence to the contrary?

Yeah. The report where the guy had the information and won. And this is the first time he, or anyone else, got caught.

• Stewburtx8

@tasteitsucka said...

Yeah. The report where the guy had the information and won. And this is the first time he, or anyone else, got caught.

Per Draftkings, he got the information at 1:40 which is AFTER lineups locked on Fanduel, therefore he wouldn’t be able to use it to his advantage in building his lineups on Fanduel.

• pharoah1

This is all speculation, unless you just believe whatever anybody tells you. Anyway it has been discussed ad nauseam in the DK leak thread, pointless to continue with it.

• tasteitsucka

Sure thing.

• cubsfan333

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Thank you fanduel.

I fee like Nigel was on stage reading this statement them literally walked off and dropped the mic.

The sites needed to go way above and beyond and FD did it! Bravo fanduel bravo.

• thedirtyhammer

Trust regained in DFS from my perspective. This is the best statement that they could have rolled out.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

This is about as perfect of a response as we could want as a community, well done Fanduel!

• qutgnt25

This is fine and good but transparency should be the number one priority now. A csv a minute after lock should be installed asap. The fransecas of the world and their past posting argument will not go away.

• Joe1Coal

@kaetorade said...

I feel for those who are directly affected by FD’s new policy, but it seemed to be an inevitable step considering the recent events. Ultimately, this will go a long ways in regaining the public trust. Kudos to you, Fanduel!

If they can make more money at DFS, then quit. If not, then stop playing. Simple solutions.

• 63TMB

@tasteitsucka said...

First time they got caught but I’m pretty sure this has been going on for a long time

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).