NFL FORUM

Comments

• CodeBandit

Interesting, FanDuel following DraftKings and offering Sunday only main slates.

https://newsroom.fanduel.com/2016/09/18/schedule-changes-to-nfl-slates/

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

Man, I was looking forward to that Saints/Falcons game until this news. I don’t want to play it on a 2-game slate.

• B_Edelman

First we had the decision a few weeks back of hiding ownership and players remaining. Which to me seemed like Fanduel getting one step closer to potentially implementing a late swap. Now we have Fanduel following DK in moving their main slate to Sunday only. Should we not be surprised when the merger talks earlier in the Summer come to fruition?

• manoftroy

• TheFFOracle

Personally I hate this as I played a lot of action in h2hs and 50/50s in the Sunday Only slate that I can’t move to the Main Slate because I’ve already hit the 500 $1-10 entry limit. This is just going to result in me wagering less money on their site.

• SouthernShield

@TheFFOracle said...

Personally I hate this as I played a lot of action in h2hs and 50/50s in the Sunday Only slate that I can’t move to the Main Slate because I’ve already hit the 500 $1-10 entry limit. This is just going to result in me wagering less money on their site.

Are we actually losing a slate though? I just took this to be that the biggest prize pools would now be on the Sun only instead of Sun-Mon or Thu-Mon.

• fadein34

I don’t like this but this is what the players asked for so…

• g_nagy

FD upped the rake of the snap from 13.5 to 15%

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

I don’t mind this change…but wish it occurred week 4 so I could’ve loaded up on this weeks MNF game. Ownership of Saints/Falcons are gonna be high for the Sun-Mon slate (why else would people play it now?)…might have to play the Thu-Mon slate to get them at a decent percent.

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@SouthernShield said...

Are we actually losing a slate though? I just took this to be that the biggest prize pools would now be on the Sun only instead of Sun-Mon or Thu-Mon.

Pretty much. The MNF game is no longer as DFS relevant because the big tourneys will be Sun only. Basically the Sun only and Sun-Mon slates are being flipped in terms of tournament size/availability. Not that big a deal.

• tvsfrink

And they still run Thurs-Mon slates too. (not that I’d ever play one of those on FD)

• awesemo

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x5

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I think it’s a shrewd move. The games are more exciting when they finish sooner, plus people will be able to play Mondays instead of their money being tied up. Fanduel still will have the 16 game slate on Thursday.

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

Shouldn’t really affect cash games, right?

I don’t mind this. I love/hate the Monday drama/suspense.

Would we see an artificially high % of Monday ownership in the Sunday/Monday slates now? Might be worth putting some entries into that slate to fade MNF.

• DannyTanner

While the rea$on Fanduel is doing this make $en$e to me, doesn’t this kinda’ go against everything “Sports Rich” they’re promoting?

One of the best parts about Fantasy Football — whether daily or season-long — is always opening things up on Monday morning and going through the different scenarios needed to be a winner for that week. To me, there was nothing better than a good Monday night sweat.

So this move definitely takes away from my “Sports Rich” fortune as I’ll have next-to-no interest in Monday night games going forward. To me, this is just another instance of the sites pushing away the casual fan in favor of more profits. Can’t blame them for doing so — hey, it’s a business — but it’s a move that seems very short-sighted and not well thought out.

• pburghpens22

Damn, I liked having the Monday Night Game on the main slate, especially would of been fun this week with the Saints game !!! I’m not liking these recent changes from Fanduel …

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

@DannyTanner said...

While the rea$on Fanduel is doing this make $en$e to me, doesn’t this kinda’ go against everything “Sports Rich” they’re promoting?

One of the best parts about Fantasy Football — whether daily or season-long — is always opening things up on Monday morning and going through the different scenarios needed to be a winner for that week. To me, there was nothing better than a good Monday night sweat.

So this move definitely takes away from my “Sports Rich” fortune as I’ll have next-to-no interest in Monday night games going forward. To me, this is just another instance of the sites pushing away the casual fan in favor of more profits. Can’t blame them for doing so — hey, it’s a business — but it’s a move that seems very short-sighted and not well thought out.

There will still be Sunday/Monday slates as well as Thursday/Monday. You can get in plenty of action..just not the biggest of the GPPs.

• chronoxiong

I’m 50/50 on this. In a way, the MNF games have allowed me to cash in my games because there’s a certain player I need who actually fits in my lineup and ends up doing enough to get me to win. But in another way, my Sunday Only lineups would sometimes be weaker than my full lineups and I either lose or just do enough to win my cash games. This is a very tough call. I can understand people are tired of waiting for the MNF game to complete because they want to collect their earnings though. Because of this, I have to be very careful of my roster construction because of the lack of the MNF option. If I end up struggling from here on out, I wonder if this will play a factor in it. We shall see. So many changes going around in the DFS world…

• ckamins87

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Always hated waiting until Monday. The D in DFS does mean daily after all lol.

• MrWorldwide

Terrible move. I can’t believe people are ok with this. For me Monday now = irrelevant!

• tristanwolf

FD is really going downhill. Every change the last few months has been bad.

• fadein34

@ckamins87 said...

I concur on that front. Multi-day games should be abolished.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I play more contests with the Main Slate than any other and I found it annoying to have to wait until the Monday night game.

If people preferred the other way I see why you’d be annoyed by the change, but it’s not like the Sunday-Monday format doesn’t exist.
    If that is as popular a format as you believe than they’ll be plenty of cash games, and I’m sure FanDuel will be forced to add more significant GPP’s.

My educated guess though is that the majority of people played that slate because they were essentially forced to.

• catmando

WAS raising rake to 15 percent really needed

• Awfuca

I do not mind the change. MNF can be awful

• Illadelphia

@ckamins87 said...

+1

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.