MLB FORUM

Comments

• bdub10

FD Rep

I’m happy to announce our World Fantasy Baseball Championship will be taking place August 20th! Stay tuned for more details!

• myb821

you cant do this you need to give details……

• Loveyduvey50

Tulo K

• OneShotKill17

• crazypaul

Cubs at Rockies on the 20th. There’s gonna be some serious Cubs stacks that day I bet.

• texasrangersfan

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

I am guessing the prize pool won’t be anything like what we have seen after taking Texas away. And thank you FD for fighting for Texas.

• 3rdDFS

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

can we ever get a live final that doesn’t include coors?

• JGENNARO29

• $1M Prize Winner

• 2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I was there last year and was hoping to go back… but this year i can’t even play on FD as I’m in Texas gggrrr!!

• bosoxfan0509

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Stealing from alsmizzle… “IN!”

• talnted145

This may be a dumb question… But looking at the NBA live final it says the VIP package is worth $45,000. Do you have to pay taxes on that?

• myb821

part of the package is the entry to the tournament. I havent looked how it works out, but lets say tourney entry was 40 and trip was 5. You would pay taxes on whatever you win in the tourney plus taxes on the 5k for the trip.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

no taxes on trip value and only taxed on what you “win” during the tournament….not the value of the seat.

• myb821

@db730 said...

no taxes on trip value and only taxed on what you “win” during the tournament….not the value of the seat.

seriously? that seems to go against everything I have ever understood on taxes. If you win a trip through lets say a gameshow you need to pay taxes on it. How is this any different?

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

it’s included in the value of the entire prize pool….but you still only win what you win.

• VChair23

@db730 said...

This I did not know. I thought you paid taxes on the value of the “experience.” Thanks Dan.

• JDub07

Sucks that they didn’t fight for us in Texas.

• deactivated84892

Happy and Sad.

Happy to see a FanDuel Rep posting about baseball.

Sad to not see baseball contests in the lobby still. :(

• OneShotKill17

Hoping to see the regional live events again too…thought those were a great concept

• cAUmberlandtiger8

@JDub07 said...

Sucks that they didn’t fight for us in Texas.

I think that is a pretty short sighted view. We have no idea the politics behind this move and FD may have thought it was best to concede the short term in order to seal a long term victory. This is on the corrupt Texas AG not FD.

• JDub07

Once it’s gone it seems that much less likely that it is ever back again. Poker has been gone for 5 years. Several poker interest groups have tried to lobby and push forward the cause but the longer something is gone the more people learn to just live without it and not care anymore. I’d be surprised if FanDuel is ever back in Texas again.

• sanfranciscody

1mil for first hopefully, unlike nba

• proshares

Doubt it’d be 7 figures.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler