CFB FORUM

Comments

• mvanderk10

week 2 looks interesting, some teams like LSU have games against slack schools. What are some of your guys thoughts on the week 2 matchups?

• 100rings

Stangs you are 100% right, lets work with what we have and play some football. I am honestly just thankful I have somewhere I can make a DFS CFB lineup at. They can get their site better and have already reached out Via phone to most every user they have to apologize for the issues and have promised to make it better. Thats all we can ask for I believe.

Stangs who are you liking week 2? I hate tonights 2 game slate, but tomorrow should be fun.

• nickrock23

I don’t like the slate with Ohio State on there, I think the afternoon 330 games. The early slate is so so , and I love the evening and late slates.
    Anyone else doing the point spread contests? They’re all $10 with 15 entries, I won a couple of them last week. It’s cool cause it allows you to play anyone you want, you just have a handicap with the higher players.

• beattheodds

While I agree I’m not too fond of a 2 game slate… they have some guaranteed contests on there that there is no way will fill in the next couple of hours. 27/100 right now? Seems like they can’t seem to really forecast what kind of volume they are going to have on any given night.

Good for us though :)

• Stangs13

Here is some info I have.
    QB Early Slate
    There are a handful of Min priced QBs I believe picking the right one will be the difference in winning the money.
    Trevor Knight Tex AM vs PV Awesome week 1 and will run the ball but how long will he play
    Jacob Eason Georgia vs Nichols Is starting for the bulldogs my understanding is he is more of a passing QB so I doubt he puts up big numbers in a blow out
    Wilton Speight Mich vs UCF Put up good passing numbers against Hawaii in limited work. I would think this game will be a little closer so he will play more but again a passing QB in a blowout.
    Trace Mcsorley Pen st vs Pitt not very efficient last week but will be playing in a competitive game this week.
    Ryan Finley NC St vs ECU Was good last week and should be a high scoring competitive game but NC St is more of a running team.
    Phillip Nelson ECU vs NC St Same high scoring competitive game as before but is the underdog. He had a huge week 1 with 6 total tds Side note as a minnesota fan I hate Philip Nelson as a human being but he is a good player
    Deondre Francois FSU vs CHSO CHSO has a bunch of players getting suspended so this game will be over early. We all saw what he can do monday night. He is no doubt talented but can he put up the numbers before he gets put on the bench. As a freshman how much work will Jimbo let him get in. I think as of now id rank these guys:
    1) Philip Nelson
    2) Wilton Speight
    3) Deondre Francois
    4) Ryan Finley
    5)Trevor Knight
    6) Trace Mcsorley
    7)Jacob Eason

I hope to do something like this with other positions and later games later tonight.

Also wish they had a 100 person for the 330 games.

Any input on the list above? Thoughts on higher priced guys being more valuable than any of these?

• nickrock23

I only like Speight out of those guys. Francois seems like a safe play but I can see him dudding. Any one of these guys can bomb, especially Nelson.

• nickrock23

Does anyone know what happened/where the point spread contest is involving tonight’s 2 games?
    forget it I found it.. didn’t fill.. only 13 out of 15, of course I’m in 1st place.

• sportsfanrobby

I feel like we might be the only players playing on these sites so please stop posting info on here :) keep the info on these min priced and top players to yourselves :)

• kantiger77

Finished 9th in the 200 man $2 slate tonight on Fanpicks! $10 off $2..not bad. was one player off first. lots of ties, but FanPicks is enjoyable, I must say.

• Hkhotsskhotb

Am I missing something that I can’t pull up the games in each contest and just have to endless scroll down to find the lower priced players. If so I’m having a hard time even entering a contest.

• nickrock23

if you click on a specific game, it’ll give u just those players. then you can click on each position. i heard they were doing a complete overhaul on the site very soon.

i would have lost on that point spread game so i saved myself 10 bucks. I didn’t really do much tonight, tomorrow I have a lot going on.

• Hkhotsskhotb

Problem is all I have is a tab that says all games and nothing else. The all games tab goes nowhere.

• kantiger77

One suggestion for Fanpicks — come up with some smaller slates of 4-6 games rather than the larger slates I mostly see. I like the slates with between 3 and 5 games.

• hoffs812

Another thing when searching for contest it refreshes before you can really search through them is there a way to stop this

• mvanderk10

I like how fanpicks has James Summers for ECU as a WR when he is a qb haha

• nickrock23

I don’t have those problems hoffs and Hkhots is having. Not saying the site is seamless for me, but I have other issues, my main one is being able to track my upcoming and live LU’s in a DK fashion.
    I took Fournette out of a ton of LU’s and it was a laborious process… but one I enjoy cause FELLAS, WE ARE PLAYING CFB !!!!! What a great day to be an American !!

• nickrock23

@mvanderk10 said...

I like how fanpicks has James Summers for ECU as a WR when he is a qb haha

He switched over to WR so he technically is WR. He played some WC last week at times and I think he caught a pass or two? I got burned by him and the other guy how many times last year… Remember that one game last year when the coach made it clear Summers was starting, he was like 80% owned on DK and he never even played a snap. So I made it a rule, never to play an ECU QB after that… I think Oklahoma State had a similar situation, was burned so I try to stay away. I even like try to avoid the 2 RB teams, but it seems everyone has them. Even NIU , Huff gets plenty of series. Fournette is one of the few exclusive guys, and he’s a game time decision.

• mvanderk10

@nickrock23 said...

He switched over to WR so he technically is WR. He played some WC last week at times and I think he caught a pass or two? I got burned by him and the other guy how many times last year… Remember that one game last year when the coach made it clear Summers was starting, he was like 80% owned on DK and he never even played a snap. So I made it a rule, never to play an ECU QB after that… I think Oklahoma State had a similar situation, was burned so I try to stay away. I even like try to avoid the 2 RB teams, but it seems everyone has them. Even NIU , Huff gets plenty of series. Fournette is one of the few exclusive guys, and he’s a game time decision.

idk I went to the box score and I only saw he threw it one time last game and ran it 10 times I didn’t see any catches by him…but I don’t follow ECU so I can’t say for sure

• mvanderk10

greg ward jr. is out today

• nickrock23

i took him out of all my LU’s early this AM anyway. Just had a bad feeling. That’s why playing against these FCS teams is risky.

• mvanderk10

@nickrock23 said...

i took him out of all my LU’s early this AM anyway. Just had a bad feeling. That’s why playing against these FCS teams is risky.

Yeah theres a lot of games like that today…I think in the late slate out of the 14 games I think I only picked players out of 5 of them. Completely didn’t pick any player off LSU for the fact they’ll just use 4 runningbacks today, even though Les Miles should pass every single down against Jacksonville state.

• Stangs13

Shannon brooks is in fact out today, between him and Greg ward I will have a lot of Rodney smith and duke catalon

• Stangs13

It never works out for me but I will also have a share of Jacques Patrick hoping he goes unowned and has a big 2nd half for FSU

• mvanderk10

@Stangs13 said...

It never works out for me but I will also have a share of Jacques Patrick hoping he goes unowned and has a big 2nd half for FSU

I remember last year when Cook was out for one game and he had a monster game…guys a tank

• nickrock23

I have James summers 100% Lol

• nickrock23

@Stangs13 said...

Shannon brooks is in fact out today, between him and Greg ward I will have a lot of Rodney smith and duke catalon

I dont think Catalon was even in on that first series.. I have him in a lot.. especially after the Ward news I put him from 25% of my LU’s to probably over half. That could hurt

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler