INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

Thoughts?

• BloodGame

I’ve played quite a bit since signing up 4 months ago and it looks like I have only earned about $20 worth of points. Definitely a downgrade from the wins bonus for higher volume players, unless they are also now changing the earning rate.

• skeeter1114

• Blogger of the Month

I’ve played a lot there over the past year and a half, and only have about $50 in points. If this was because some of this went to the wins bonus, then fine. But, if we are getting points at the same rate as we did with the wins bonus, this isn’t that great of a thing, as you have to play quite a bit to earn $1 of points.

• marker0357

I’ve played for awhile now and like this much better. I honestly haven’t tried to redeem my points yet so I don’t have a feel for what they are worth in contest entry but I felt like the earnings method of the past wasn’t very good either. I was earning points but there didn’t seem to be a good path to benefit from them.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

Unless I’m missing something, this seems like a very lucrative offer.

Since signing up on Aces 2 months ago, I’ve played $952.05 in entries and earned 86.65 member points. This translates to 1 member point for every $11 in entry fees.
    I can use these member points to enter, at most, a $55 contest. So, my best guess is that 1 member point equals $1 in future entry fees.
    So, for every $11 played, I earn $1 in future entry fees, essentially getting back the entire rake in future entries.

• tipandpick

• 2014 FAFC Champion

I did some quick & loose math yesterday to get a feel for how the new system compares to FD’s FDP system. Working from memory on these numbers, so somebody feel free to correct anything I don’t get right…

For FD, you have to play through $6K to earn a $25 entry; for Aces, you have to play through ~ $8K to earn a $25 entry (scaled down from $27.50).

The wins bonus was definitely a better system for the players, as there were months where I would get back > $100 at the end of the month. To get $100 worth of entries under the new system, you would have to churn through $32K worth of entry fees.

At 10% rake (this is where Aces still beats the competition), your $32K worth of fees generates $3,200 for the site…of which you get back $100, a 3.13% rake back.

• tipandpick

• 2014 FAFC Champion

@Scumpunch said...

So, my best guess is that 1 member point equals $1 in future entry fees.
    So, for every $11 played, I earn $1 in future entry fees,

I think this is very wrong.

Your 86.65 member points are not quite enough to gain access to tonight’s $1K Bounce Pass, which is a $2.75 buy-in.

So, for nearly $1K played, you got back about $3.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@tipandpick said...

I think this is very wrong.

Your 86.65 member points are not quite enough to gain access to tonight’s $1K Bounce Pass, which is a $2.75 buy-in.

So, for nearly $1K played, you got back about $3.

My mistake! I took the MP icon in the lobby to mean that I had enough member points to enter that contest. Thanks for doing the (correct) math above.

You are right that this is much worse than the win bonus, as I just received a $40 win bonus for November despite playing a fairly moderate volume

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Scumpunch said...

Unless I’m missing something, this seems like a very lucrative offer.

Since signing up on Aces 2 months ago, I’ve played $952.05 in entries and earned 86.65 member points. This translates to 1 member point for every $11 in entry fees.
    I can use these member points to enter, at most, a $55 contest. So, my best guess is that 1 member point equals $1 in future entry fees.
    So, for every $11 played, I earn $1 in future entry fees, essentially getting back the entire rake in future entries.

You’re math is way off.

Well I’m happy the member points are finally worth something and don’t want to be the guy knocking free stuff. The accumulation rate and value of the points is a joke. It makes DK FPP look lucrative. Few people have as much life-long volume on Aces as I do and the cash value of my member points is not something to get excited about. It will be interesting how high volume players react to the combination of this and no more wins bonuses. I’m certainly evaluating.

• maxeernst

I have something like $12,000 worth of entry fees on aces and ~1000 member points. The points seem like they are basically worth nothing.

• btwice80

@mberkowi said...

It makes DK FPP look lucrative

Nah, it’s better than DK, where you have to play $13,750 to get $25 back.

• BloodGame

Awful

• RangerC

The points are worth nothing going forward BUT if you’ve played there for a while its a small windfall right now (I had enough for 5 entries into the $11 GPP) – better than getting rid of wins bonus and replacing it with nothing.

• MrFantasy

They have to make money. If they keep the rake where it is now then I understand it. If they get rid of the monthly wins bonus and raise the rake it will be hard to justify playing there.

• DraftDay

DraftDay Rep

With the talk of player points in here, we wanted to offer more information on our system at DraftDay, which we feel is the strongest available. You can find out more here

• KlairVoyant

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

FA

• btwice80

@KlairVoyant said...

Anyone else having issues with FA’s Payouts? I’m about to make a thread with evidence that something funny maybe up with FA

No, they paid me a sizable withdrawal within 24 hours just last week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).