INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• desertdanny

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fantasy-aces-acquire-fantasy-feuds-120500513.html

• wolfer

does this mean we will lose another site?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSFWN1BC098

• iwrestle

@wolfer said...

Very interesting.

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

@wolfer said...

A sad day indeed. As players, our options continue to dwindle. :(

Aces: PLEASE keep Feud’s seasonals! Please!

• theoddsmaker

wow, that sucks. i love both sites due to their unique offerings. would really hate to see snake drafts start to die off even more now. why a site like yahoo that has a massive season long user base wouldn’t at least offer snakes for dfs. they get a mock draft of 12-man to fill within 30 seconds. you’re telling me you just say it’s $5 to join, only for one week only, die-hard season long guys wouldn’t eat that up???? more to offer then just salary cap style contests.

• wolfer

As well as the three SP option!

• inwhiterooms

This really sucks. FantasyFeud was my favorite site by far. Only site that offers pick ems, too. Aces, if you’re reading, please bring the pick em contests on board. Love doing those.

• theoddsmaker

still not sure what this means. Is Aces going to run the Feud site and keep the unique offerings? Or assume those players will all flock to Aces? I’m just confused. I love both sites equally so it would suck if the Feud format is killed.

• Gfry3

REALLY bummed about this, loved playing at the Feud , I have tried playing Aces and its ok just seems to not be my style with the position flexibility, etc. Really hoping my remaining bonus gets transferred, would be pretty upset if that didn’t get moved.

• desertdanny

I was really hoping feud would have world cup hockey like they did with olympic hockey.

• manBEAST

Feud is great for the NFL format and survivors would hate to lose it that is for sure, Aces an equally great site however much harder these days than a couple years ago. Interesting to see how this is going to affect NFL as Aces has games posted, but FF has yet to post them so there in maybe the answer. :(

• kaetorade

@theoddsmaker said...

still not sure what this means. Is Aces going to run the Feud site and keep the unique offerings? Or assume those players will all flock to Aces? I’m just confused. I love both sites equally so it would suck if the Feud format is killed.

I’m curious. What benefit is it for Aces to acquire Feud? They don’t offer the exact same product so it’s not like the Feuders will suddenly flock to Aces once Feud is out of the picture. Hopefully, we can get Aces to respond soon.

• maxeernst

@kaetorade said...

I’m curious. What benefit is it for Aces to acquire Feud? They don’t offer the exact same product so it’s not like the Feuders will suddenly flock to Aces once Feud is out of the picture. Hopefully, we can get Aces to respond soon.

The consolidation is likely necessary for both sites to survive the new climate. Regulators impose fees and higher tax rates. Aces appeared to be struggling according to the public disclosures (they’re a publicly traded company FWIW, you can go see the info). I imagine by merging they will be able to continue to compete in the space.

Frankly, as a player, this is good news to me. If the merger can produce a site that can grow to compete with FD and DK somewhat, maybe there will be some pressure that benefits players.

• FantasyAces_Jamie

FantasyAces Rep

@theoddsmaker said...

Hey theoddsmaker,

We are very excited about this transaction and would like to provide a little clarity. We will be acquiring the Fantasy Feud database and Feud will no longer operate as a DFS site once the acquisition is complete. We are always looking to improve our product and if there are any unique Feud offerings that we can integrate to our platform, we will consider those. All Fantasy Feud accounts will be transferred over to Fantasy Aces shortly. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact support@fantasyaces.com or contact the team over at Fantasy Feud.

Thanks,

Jamie

• desertdanny

meant to link this. http://smallcappower.com/companies/fantasy-aces-daily-fantasy-sports-corp-tsxv-fas/

• Priptonite

• Blogger of the Month

@FantasyAces_Jamie said...

if there are any unique Feud offerings that we can integrate to our platform, we will consider those.

Pretty much all Feud offerings are unique. 3SP MLB, 2QB NFL, Pick’ems, Snakes, Seasonals…

• troveur

@FantasyAces_Jamie said...

We are always looking to improve our product and if there are any unique Feud offerings that we can integrate to our platform, we will consider those.

If there is one or two things you should incorporate into your platform it is the season long nfl survivor and the season long 10 man cumulative/continuous leagues. They were pretty damn fun, unique, and a nice crossover for season long players.

• flip4flop

Please get a VA license!

• qatman

This is very disappointing but not overly surprising. Despite protestations to the contrary, almost all of FF’s contests at $33 and higher (and many below that) overlaid daily. It has been a huge cash cow to the point where my ROI there is >50%.

Also their golf structure was great – pick 10 golfers and points were only based on finishing position. Sigh.

• kaetorade

How will monthly rewards for August be handled?

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Will active bonuses roll over? Good to see that Feud did it the right way when they were in trouble and found a buyer and honored player funds in their accounts

• Jason10

@flip4flop said...

Please get a VA license!

Agreed!

• FantasyAces_Jamie

FantasyAces Rep

@theseige said...

Will active bonuses roll over? Good to see that Feud did it the right way when they were in trouble and found a buyer and honored player funds in their accounts

Hey Siege,

We’re still working at the details of the acquisition and will try to update as we are closer to finalizing things.

• plugman

2011 FFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

first draftstreet, now feud, damn all my favorites going down……

• plugman

2011 FFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

if you want me to play on aces you should really look into what made feud unique, pick ems, snakes, 3 sp, 2 qb etc.

plugdog

• Boomboom

HI Jamie,

Just wanted to let you know I am referring the player base at feud over to aces as part of the refer a friend promotion. Hook me up…lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.