MAIN FORUM

Comments

• FantasyDraft_Rep

FantasyDraft Rep

Hey Guys and Girls,

We are considering making a change to our PGA roster construction/scoring.

For those of you that play PGA, would you prefer to see a draft 7 with top 6 scores counting over the current format of 6 golfers?

We value the opinion of RotoGrinders users so your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve
    CEO

Feedback Bonus: Anyone who provides their opinion will get entry into a PGA freeroll next week for some FantasyDraft swag.

• jrgum3

I play PGA on your site and I like the way the current format is. However, if you do decide to change I’d probably still play because I enjoy fantasy golf no matter the roster construction/scoring.

• biglucky

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • x2

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

DraftKings FBWC Finalist
    • 2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

DraftKings FGWC Finalist

That in my opinion is kind of taking the skill out of a skill game. Don’t change it, u shouldn’t be rewarded for a great 6 of 7 lineup the same you would for a 6 of 6. Just my opinion….

• medlund

I like the current format of drafting 6 golfers. I think it keeps the game more skill based and I would be more willing to continue playing on your site if you keep your current format.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Expert & Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    • 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

FanDuel WFBC Finalist
    • 2013 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Please don’t copy DraftKings pricing on a weekly basis. When DK massively over-priced Paddy Harrington a few weeks ago (and then FantasyDraft did as well), it became painfully obvious that the pricing is simply copied from DK every week. It was the same this week.

Lots of people are looking for a different golf platform because of DK’s pricing changes. Use that to your advantage,and please, please don’t copy their every move.

• jojo491048

I personally think the current format is fine and would prefer that over the alternative you selected

• DefinitelyMiami

Id enjoy 6/7 more but I do enjoy Fantasy Draft as is also

• skeeter1114

I do like the Draft 7 and play 6 idea. Helps in the event someone withdraws after the start of the tournament.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I wouldn’t mind seeing positional bonuses removed, or only given to winner, Top 5, or Top 10.

• BIF

Agree with what Stlcards said

• JTSnow4091

I like the idea you proposed -> draft 7 with top 6 scores counting. As a more casual PGA DFSer, would help me buy into playing PGA contests more.

• cjstetzer

i think the 7 player format would be great…but wouldnt it make constructing lineups become rough unless salary cap is raised appropriately

• Fainterj

I enjoy it the way it is.

• MiamiJAY

Have 2 contests 1.At start of tournament..the 2nd after the cut line..more revenue

• FantasyDraft_Rep

FantasyDraft Rep

@stlcardinals84 said...

Please don’t copy DraftKings pricing on a weekly basis. When DK massively over-priced Paddy Harrington a few weeks ago (and then FantasyDraft did as well), it became painfully obvious that the pricing is simply copied from DK every week. It was the same this week.

Lots of people are looking for a different golf platform because of DK’s pricing changes. Use that to your advantage,and please, please don’t copy their every move.

Look for some changes in our pricing strategy starting next week.

Keep the feedback coming. It is pretty obvious thus far people prefer the current format.

Andy yes if we did go to 7 the cap would need to contemplate that.

• swh10e

Edit

• db730

RG Admin

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

DraftKings FFWC Finalist
    • 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I’m a fan of 6/7 counting.

• jhorst52

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #21

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    • x2

2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist
    • x2

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I would be fine with adding an additional golfer, but dropping a score takes away some involved skill imo.

• steelcitydozer

@stlcardinals84 said...

This

• wilsonda1

6 of 7 would be great !!

• rddsteve

I like it the way it is, outside of the near copying of Draftkings prices that has already been mentioned above.

• RangerC

6 of 7 please! For everyone who is pro-keeping the 6/6, did you actually play the 5/7 golf on Victiv/Starsdraft? It’s MORE of a skill game as one guy hitting a ball into the water on one hole (and missing the cut by one shot) doesn’t ruin your entire LU, and you have to balance upside and safety, even in cash.

• bobbyv02

As a casual PGA player, I would like the 6 of 7 format. However if I played that sport more seriously I would want it kept 6/6

• thacker777

Agree with stlcards

• OUBrent1

I enjoy the format currently, but would definitely be open to the change if that is the route you guys go.

• futureoffantasy

I would like the draft 7 with 6 counting.

At first it may sound like it eliminates some skill, but when you consider all the strategy options it opens up in terms of punting a spot versus going balanced, I think plenty of skill is still involved (if not more).

• skeeter1114

@futureoffantasy said...

I would like the draft 7 with 6 counting.

At first it may sound like it eliminates some skill, but when you consider all the strategy options it opens up in terms of punting a spot versus going balanced, I think plenty of skill is still involved (if not more).

Agreed. Do you punt a spot to risk 6/6 with others? Or go more balanced and have room for one error. Also, get 7/7 and you can eliminate the guy who shoots 6 over on Sunday

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

Advertisement

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.