NBA FORUM

Comments

• jameson416

Anyone ever use this site? Can anyone give me any inside info as in is it worth it? Is there something particular this site offers that sets them apart? Or are RG incentives pretty much the same thing

• mchin1027

I did the $15 trial for a week, was very unimpressed. It’s still very new for NBA, so there were a lot of issues.

They had Clint Capela with a ceiling of 65 pts one night, the optimizer returned lineups with a salary of >50,000 or

• phillygamecox

I use it and have had some decent success with it. The main draw is the ability to create your own models, or to just go along with the models of the pros like Bales, Jennings, etc… I used it heavily in baseball and have started using it in basketball as well. Personally I’m still not totally convinced with some of the pro models for football since they usually gear a lot of their high rankings on bare minimum value picks that most of the time bomb out(as min value guys usually do). Obviously those type of guys can also win you tourneys, but I tend to really go opposite of a lot of the pro models in football with what they spit out. For example, I think pretty much every week they recommend I start Forsett which hasn’t worked out for me once. :) But, for an additional research piece, their football package is pretty good.

The price might be a little high per month at around $59 for the casual player though. But, if you are playing every day with baseball and basketball – I think it’s definitely worth it.

• phillygamecox

@mchin1027 said...

I did the $15 trial for a week, was very unimpressed. It’s still very new for NBA, so there were a lot of issues.

They had Clint Capela with a ceiling of 65 pts one night, the optimizer returned lineups with a salary of >50,000 or

I do agree that sometimes the software can be flawed – especially in baseball. Sometimes in stacks, even if a player qualifies for a few positions, it will throw up error messages left and right.

I’ve never had an issue where they spit out lineups greater than 50K, but I mainly used it for baseball and am just getting into basketball—so, i don’t doubt with some of the issues I’ve had this happens.

All that being said, I do think it is worth it for someone playing very consistently with sports like the NBA and MLB. I’ve made a few tweaks to some models they have for the NBA and am cashing with a good deal of my lineups each night. Nothing major, but I did use the optimizer heavily in the MLB season and cashed in many lineups, including one night where I took down one of the moonshots.

• LBCutta

I use it along with FantasyCruncher. I think FantasyLabs is a bit high for what you get. I usually end up tweaking the lineups in the end. A few times I’ve used the optimizer and applied the exact lineup it gave me. Ive cashed out each time with something. It works but its on the high side and I don’t think I’ll keep it much longer.

• Kleano

I’ve been using FL a ton for the last two weeks. Here’s my observations…

Pros:
    Creating a model and see the results instantly
    Almost real time Vegas/Injury updates: Pretty crucial for a sport like NBA.
    Extensive historical data
    Create my own trends

Cons:
    Price and Pricing options: Too pricey for 80% of the DFS population. With the massive rakes we already have to pay, a casual DFS’er or even a FC/BBM subscriber would be hesitant on switching over or paying for more than one service.
    High learning curve: If you don’t have any sense of statistics or modeling, it might be too much data for you.
    Optimizer: I don’t use this at all, it’s more of a randomizer to me.

Overall I really like FantasyLabs when using it as a reference tool along with other sites. What you can’t do is expect it to build you a winning lineup based on the click of a button. I’ve had extremely good results since using it (Had my 3 highest cashes in the last week), but the monthly price makes it very hard to be profitable. If they had different pricing options I would definitely subscribe.

• deactivated84892

I used Labs a lot during baseball as it was a very valuable one stop source of tons of information.

It wasn’t very helpful for NFL and I feel like it offers basic service for NBA. I echo the sentiments of it being obscenely overpriced considering the competition.

But loved it for MLB.

• GQ1NYC

I used it as another tool for MLB and NFL. Worked better for me for NFL. As far as NBA, man I have bombed. Last night I had a LU that projected 294 points and finished with 271. I used the Phan model this time. It pushed Draymond Green and it cost my lineup.

Not sure about you guys but so far NBA has been really tough this season. Seems like the scoring needed to cash is 20-30 points higher than it was last season.

• vet0307

I use fantasy cruncher but i dont just hit optimize. I have been picking 3 guys who i can guess to get 50 or 45 and then hit optimize on highest ceiling. Hit 293 last night but other nights cant get past 270.

• Whacko

I have been using FL since the beginning of September.
    Since then I have been wavering on if the price is really worth it.
    I’m not a high volume player nor do I have a huge bankroll but for about 2 bucks a day it really is a no brainer for me to stick with them.

Sure other sites out there offer more fluff on the surface, such as fancy lineup generators, player profiles and the like, but what FL does is give you actual hardcore data.
    This data gives you the ability to form your own models to your liking.
    The optimizer is a tool that if used correctly can be very useful.
    Why make a bazillion lineups when you can fine tune lineups to meet the conditions you set forth in the player models?

The customer support aspect is without a doubt excellent in all phases. I know this as fact since I’m always opening up live chat with someone to ask questions.
    Also this is one of the few sites that actually care about the product. They seem to want to keep making things better for the end user.

I will say that the NFL side of things have been discouraging but I have managed to somewhat breakeven. As time goes on perhaps I might take down something big.
    The NBA side of things are being good to me nothing out of this world yet but I am +ev
    I dabbled briefly in MLB while learning the site no comment.

Bottom line FantasyLabs can be the best of your personal arsenal in DFS.
    I just wish they would bring the NHL to the labs.

Overall the site like any other will be only as good as you want it to be.
    I fully believe Fantasylabs gives you endless possibilities to conquer the DFS landscape,
    Bottom line I feel it is one hell of a tool to have on my side, all it takes is Patience to learn.

• phox

The cost is prohibitive for me and others I know. The trend tool is really nice, but you also need the time to be able to play around with it and discover something.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).