When: January 28-31

Where: San Diego, CA

Course: Torrey Pines GC | A par 72 playing at 7698 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Marc Leishman at -15

Last Year’s Cut: -1

Coverage: Golf Channel | CBS | PGATourLive

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• noddy

Looking for golfers who play well on the weekends.

• jdtrey

5/6 through on my DK core and cashed all 20 of the cascading lineups so ready for some more!!
    If I picked Cam Davis instead of Aaron Wise for my core I’d have taken 3rd in the Dime Time and Daily Dollar =/
    Tried a modified version of it on FD with 2 cores and 40 lineups in the quarter and that failed miserably!

Should be some interesting weather this week – temps in the 60s with a bunch of rain probably Thursday/Friday

• DefinitelyMiami

@jdtrey said...

5/6 through on my DK core and cashed all 20 of the cascading lineups so ready for some more!!
    If I picked Cam Davis instead of Aaron Wise for my core I’d have taken 3rd in the Dime Time and Daily Dollar =/
    Tried a modified version of it on FD with 2 cores and 40 lineups in the quarter and that failed miserably!

Why do people insist on talking about things other than the tournament the topic is about?

• ifthethunder

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Why do people insist on talking about things other than the tournament the topic is about?

Lineup selection is part of the DFS this tournament week thread is about.
    ~

• jdtrey

@DefinitelyMiami said...

At least the post addressed the weather for the tournament this week..
    What exactly is the point of your post other than being on your high horse?

• Jeddy3

I’m starting to think Tony can’t close.

• mitchsnyderdfw

This thread has fire already!

• ifthethunder

And we don’t even have prices out yet. Oh wait. We do!

Correction: We still don’t!
    ~

• Getty33

There’s just something strange about seeing Rickie Fowler at the same odds to win Torrey Pines (66-1) as John Huh and Will Zalatoris.

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Getty33 said...

There’s just something strange about seeing Rickie Fowler at the same odds to win Torrey Pines (66-1) as John Huh and Will Zalatoris.

Same as seeing Jordan Spieth with the same odds as Talor Gooch and Lanto Griffin

• Jeddy3

This is a Bubba week, right?

• ifthethunder

Why is Phatrick in 5 figures ($10,100) after missing the cut last week? I guess it might be worth throwing him in for differentiation, but it seems like Sungjay Im and Harris English are better and cheaper plays. Or roll up $300 to X-man.
    ~

• Kingspark35

The US open is due to be played on the south course in June.

Expect some changes.

• BIF

@Jeddy3 said...

No that’s usually Riviera in a couple weeks

• Kingspark35

Cascade.

First to mention it this week. lol

It’s just a fancy name for thoughtless pivots.

• Money0227

@Kingspark35 said...

The US open is due to be played on the south course in June.

Expect some changes.

I’m looking forward to a week where par means a little something.

• SleDwreckerZ

It’s time for my yearly donation…

H2Hs are posted this week for Beat the Forum.

• MACKTYSON

Finau for all the monies this weekend.

• Shaver933

MKF has “Omega Dubai” lines out. They seem too high, based on last year. But the caliber of player is much higher than last year, and conditions look great.

Edit: Lines out for full tournament and round 1 for both tournaments

I actually like the overs for full-tournament FPs on Omega Dubai. Also, last year there was a LOT of damage that could be done on R1 for Torey Pines once we found out tee times, targeting Rapid Fires.

• timusbr

@Kingspark35 said...

Cascade.

First to mention it this week. lol

It’s just a fancy name for thoughtless pivots.

I cant remember if I commented on Cascading LU theory people have been talking about.

1) its a quick way to put in some LU’s
    2) thoughtless picks have merit….Luck is a 4 letter word
    3) its very similar to my approach of 20 LU builds
    4) I prefer 100% on 1-3 players instead of (80 % on 6 players)
    5) Does it really matter?
    6) I want the discussion to go to the next step….How would you adjust a cascade build to improve the idea?

nobody is wrong, anyones certainty they are a master of building needs to have results. I am a believer in individuals comfortability in # of LU’s, how much they are spending it daily(weekly) is a key success factor.

• kps3205s

Sooooo….Brooks Koepka and swing coach Claude Harmon parted ways after the Masters in November.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/brooks-koepka-splits-with-claude-harmon

• noddy

@noddy said...

Looking for golfers who play well on the weekends.

Anyone know where I can find stats on who plays best on the weekends?

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Jeddy3 said...

Bubba did have a good showing here last year. But to BIF’s point, the place that fits him is Riviera

• RudyPujols

@noddy said...

Anyone know where I can find stats on who plays best on the weekends?

I don’t know an efficient way without a pay site. But you can look at Round 3 scoring average and Round 4 scoring average on Pgatour.Com for recent seasons and target guys who are Top 50 or so in both. Just sucks that you have to look at small sample 2021 or go back to 2020, no way to do last x number of rounds of which I am aware.

• timusbr

Happy Meal Cup – standings after American Express
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiKGps2bl5SRoj0MXNYH6XIxn0Nx

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).