MLB FORUM

Comments

• pburghpens22

Why is it that FD is splitting up the $2 Squeeze into two 14,367 ppl tournaments instead of one larger 28,734 tournament? I feel like people would rather be playing for a bigger top prize? This is also my first year really playing DFS baseball…will baseball ever get as popular as basketball, where they were routinely doing 70,000-100,000 people $2 tournaments?

• chronoxiong

To avoid overlay. They been eating a lot of overlay on MLB so far this season.

• leafs93

i 100% have my best ROI on tournaments with 5500entrys or less use to be perfect to pair a rally entry (when it was a 5$ 5500 entry tournament) with a squeeze entry (when it was a tournament with 33k entrys) to great success, FD as always decided put there bottom line above the players and no longer offers a lower stakes 5500ish entry gpp. bottom line the rally is the new squeeze pay the extra 2$ and chalk it up to fanduel being greedy as always.

• dude_abides7

@leafs93 said...

FD as always decided put there bottom line above the players and no longer offers a lower stakes 5500ish entry gpp.

This.

FD routinely tinkers to maximize their profit at the expense of the everyday player. It is a business model that will turn them into the Myspace of DFS within the next 6 months…if this continues. They are banking that the casual fan won’t notice these changes (which they won’t) and that the daily grinder will just suck it up…which we do…for now.

• bmlenox

@dude_abides7 said...

It is a business model that will turn them into the Myspace of DFS within the next 6 months…if this continues.

I’ll choose Ridiculous Statements for $1000, Alex.

• dude_abides7

@bmlenox said...

I’ll choose Ridiculous Statements for $1000, Alex.

You could take that approach to assume this is redic…but with Disney entering the fold, backing Draft Kings and Yahoo entering the ring in a few months (not to mention the other sites like Victiv, etc taking their position) I see nowhere to go but down for FD if they continue to make contest decisions solely based on their bottom line, prioritizing the casual player over the daily grinder.

Businesses need to make money. I think we all understand that. But consistency in their offering is essential. Customers demand consistency. They are open to changes provided that they are in the best interest of everyone and not a constant march to pad the pockets of the business at the expense of their loyal customers.

• einars

@dude_abides7 said...

FD routinely tinkers to maximize their profit

those bastards!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).