MLB FORUM

Comments

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

It was a very small slate and its only been one day, but did anyone notice the huge amount of ties? I was in a 100 man league and ended up tied for 8th with 7 people. All of us had different rosters. Guess we will see how it goes after a few days but with the new scoring i think this might be the norm.

• fsunole64

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #15

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Yeah noticed the same. They really need to consider change the scoring system back to prevent this.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Very small slate, I would wait until after today before any judging to be honest.

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

Not sure why FD Brass didn’t see this coming…ties are going to be an issue in large-field GPP’s and H2H games, particularly on shorter slates. People are going to get frustrated when they are paying rake on H2H ties and/or splitting prizes with multiple other people in GPP’s.

DK removed their silly ‘utility instead of OF’ position, so let’s hope that FD reconsiders & brings back negative scoring for outs.

• deactivated84892

Downside of no negatives for outs.

• edro990

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Not sure why FD made the changes in the first place.

• Jaredmlevitt

It was a 3 game slate w/ all aces throwing. On a day like that, there’s only so many viable options. Yesterday, ties were not out of the question.

• emac

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

With thousands and thousands of contests over the last few seasons one would hope that they back-tested the removal of the negative hitter points.

On the surface though, with the new scoring changes and gigantic contest fields, we will likely see this happen more frequently. Previously there was a difference between 0-3, 0-5 and 0-5 hitting performances which allowed for variation in the scoring…now with a higher proportion of the hitters getting a zero for these different results it would make sense to see more ties (again, I did not back-test this data myself, but I do hope that FanDuel did).

A horrible user experience however would be as PokerRob described and ties happening more frequently in the smaller sized leagues.

In theory, a lot of the likely upcoming ties with the new scoring system could have been mitigated by adding a utility spot to their current roster system and dialing back their pricing algorithm by 7-10%. However, that probably would have confounded their user base….I mean come on…a position that any non-pitcher is eligible for …that is wild and an abomination that would never be accepted by causal baseball fans looking to play daily fantasy sports.

Perhaps RG could come up with a “Participation” badge for anyone who ties in a live finals qualifier and then loses the subsequent tiebreaker.

EMac

• cushicle

Well, I played 2 different lineups with 2 different SPs and about 60% overlap on the rest of the roster… and they both wound up with the exact same score. Would have been different (though obviously close) with negative scores for outs. So yeah… gonna see a LOT of ties, especially on short slates.

• crazypaul

@gundacker said...

Downside of no negatives for outs.

I would settle for negative points for Strikeouts only. It sucks getting a negative for a ground out or fly out.

• cAUmberlandtiger8

@crazypaul said...

I would settle for negative points for Strikeouts only. It sucks getting a negative for a ground out or fly out.

I really like that idea.

• TheRyanFlaherty

@crazypaul said...

Agreed, but if we’re doing that I’d add double-plays as well.
    Penalize the two true negative outcomes.

• jsw3ent

CHANGE IT BACK======Minus scoring is a PLUS

• MikeSos760

Yeah I hate the new scoring system. I like the low scores on FD and the decimals and chance for negative. The negative scores makes the game a little more interesting.

• bzsports4

@tipandpick said...

ties are going to be an issue in large-field GPP’s and H2H games, particularly on shorter slates. People are going to get frustrated when they are paying rake on H2H ties and/or splitting prizes with multiple other people in GPP’s.

people realize they can email sites about tied head to heads and get their rake back, right?

• jgtl25

this is pretty dumb, im tied with 300 ppl and nobody has my lineup. bring back fractions or add a utility, so stupid.

• jsw3ent

BAD BAD change . The minus scoring and the .33 for pitchers is what kept scores unique. Now when you have no players left—-there is absolutely ZERO sweat or reason to watch remaining games.

• 1971hof

Lots and lots of ties in my low $ games tonight. Sent off an email with my concerns regarding the ties to Fanduel. Here is their response.

Connor, Apr 5, 1:22 AM:

Hi there,

Thank you for submitting a support ticket, and a bigger thank you for your suggestion. FanDuel really prides itself on reflecting the needs and wants of its users, and our Customer Support Managers meet with the Product team every week to discuss user feedback. Our goal is to be constantly improving our product, and it’s feedback just like this that helps us do just that. I will definitely pass your comments along to the team.

Thanks again for the feedback. Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Connor

• Jason10

Wow, I tied on all my 50/50 games on FD. Kinda hate this new scoring system.

• MikeSos760

So in a tournament with 11560 people, I tied for 21st place with 13 people. Different lineups. Hilarious….. This never happened on a full slate for me last year.

Any ideas on how we can greatly express our unhappiness with this new system and make it known that we want it to go back?

This was on the full main day slate btw.

• deactivated84892

In the other thread, someone suggested only penalizing players on strikeouts. I like that.

FanDuel also seems to have launched an immediate campaign to tighten pitcher pricing.

For instance David Price went from $10,600 to $12,300 overnight and didn’t pitch a frame to earn it.

• deactivated84892

@1971hof said...

Lots and lots of ties in my low $ games tonight. Sent off an email with my concerns regarding the ties to Fanduel. Here is their response.

Connor, Apr 5, 1:22 AM:

Hi there,

Thank you for submitting a support ticket, and a bigger thank you for your suggestion. FanDuel really prides itself on reflecting the needs and wants of its users, and our Customer Support Managers meet with the Product team every week to discuss user feedback. Our goal is to be constantly improving our product, and it’s feedback just like this that helps us do just that. I will definitely pass your comments along to the team.

Thanks again for the feedback. Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Connor

that looks like it came straight out of a can on the top shelf.

• MikeSos760

@gundacker said...

In the other thread, someone suggested only penalizing players on strikeouts. I like that.

FanDuel also seems to have launched an immediate campaign to tighten pitcher pricing.

For instance David Price went from $10,600 to $12,300 overnight and didn’t pitch a frame to earn it.

I think they should definitely still have the negative strikeout points.

I think the David price change is because he isn’t being compared to Clayton Kershaw, Max scherzer, etc… Now he is top of the line for the slate so his price needs to rise, hence the change.

• csmaniac

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

This scoring system sucks. There are more ties than ever!! In the $2 Squeeze for FULL SLATE

3 entries tied for 7th
    6 entries tied for 10th
    5 entries tied for 22nd
    10 entries tied for 27th
    22 entries tied for 37th
    28 entries tied for 59th
    26 entries tied for 87th
    34 entries tied for 114th
    45 entries tied for 148th
    89 entries tied for 193rd
    98 entries tied for 282nd
    145 entries tied for 380th

I can go on and on of which they become even bigger ties as you get to less points.

The sad part is that most of these lines are vastly different but the no negative for outs and or factional points for pitching really really screws up everything. There needs to be a change

• jsw3ent

@gundacker said...

Go back to EXACTLY the way it was.

• jsw3ent

I can’t do it but maybe someone should combine all the threads and e-mail them to FD/DK.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler