INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• lpk8787

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

First off congrats to him for having a strategy that is profitable, but its concerning to see so many spots taken up by one player. This isn’t a huge field. Only 555 entries allowed and he had 60 of them. Its only a matter of time before others take notice and begin doing the same thing. Those games will become unplayable for the average player that wants to take a shot at a large dollar tournament..

• realdeals

@Z06Fanatic said...

you’re misunderstanding what optimal means.

I understand what it means. I’m not hating on the multi-entry guys. I’ve never whined about it. I do it occasionally on the $2 GPPs. If there wasn’t an advantage in putting in 50+ LUs, the skilled and smart people that do it and that are successful in doing it, wouldn’t do it. Yes, I understand not all would be profitable in doing it. It is extremely difficult to put in 50+ Profitable LUS

• whistexpert

@ddmcd1974 said...

I don’t understand why you would look at anyone else in the field except for friends. I give a shit about one lineup and only one – mine. If it’s better than yours or your 100 Then nothing else matters.

this is why no one looks for your name in the field

• whistexpert

@Z06Fanatic said...

you’re misunderstanding what optimal means.

you are really splitting hairs on the definition of optimal

lets say i ran a model for MLB and player A was projected for 5 pts and player B was projected for 5.01 pts. let’s also assume they both play the same position, cost the same, have no difference in their pt variation etc… blindly taking player B every single time is not “optimal” … it’s time to pivot and make more lineups (if bankroll allows..)

no one here makes good enough projections to even enter that realm, and stewburtx hit the nail right on the head imo

• Z06Fanatic

@whistexpert said...

you are really splitting hairs on the definition of optimal

lets say i ran a model for MLB and player A was projected for 5 pts and player B was projected for 5.01 pts. let’s also assume they both play the same position, cost the same, have no difference in their pt variation etc… blindly taking player B every single time is not “optimal” … it’s time to pivot and make more lineups (if bankroll allows..)

no one here makes good enough projections to even enter that realm, and stewburtx hit the nail right on the head imo

I’m assuming these projections aren’t factoring in ownership %s/consistency/etc? I mean maybe my definition isn’t textbook but optimal to me is the best possible lineup I can create after every single factor is considered regardless of how good or bad I am……

• ddmcd1974

@whistexpert said...

this is why no one looks for your name in the field

What does that even mean? Why would I care if you look for my name? Are you my friend, you know me. No so why would my LU matter to you or anyone else.

• realdeals

@Z06Fanatic said...

I’m assuming these projections aren’t factoring in ownership %s/consistency/etc? I mean maybe my definition isn’t textbook but optimal to me is the best possible lineup I can create after every single factor is considered regardless of how good or bad I am……

How often do you think that the 1st LU the 50+ entry guys create scores the highest? I’d bet it’s less than 10% of the time.

• tomac

@realdeals said...

How often do you think that the 1st LU the 50+ entry guys create scores the highest? I’d bet it’s less than 10% of the time.

Isn’t the entire point of the second, third, fourth, etc, lineups that the first one may not be “optimal”?

• realdeals

@tomac said...

Isn’t the entire point of the second, third, fourth, etc, lineups that the first one may not be “optimal”?

Yes. I’m not really following what z06fanatic is saying. I think he’s saying any lu after your 1st LU is less than optimal. Which I don’t agree with. It doesn’t matter what you think or your model spits out as the optimal Lu, results is what matters. I’ve put in over 50 LUs and rarely is my 1st Lu the highest scoring. I’d be shocked if anybody’s 1st LU of 50+ is their highest scoring Lu more than 10% of the time.

• Digglesauce

@Kuperman said...

Final note…does everyone here fish? because people on here use more fishing metaphors than I have ever seen. These guys aren’t Sharks…in fact i’m pretty sure Gannondorf has osteoperosis….dude needs to win alot to pay someone to chew up his food for him. I’m out on that sick burn

Clone?

SICK BURN

War the penguins in your prof pic, keep going strong Kuper

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).