Win a trip to Vegas to meet Drew Brees and play in the Brees TopGolf Challenge! FULL DETAILS

MAIN FORUM

Comments

• tulskir

Reading these forums for a few months now I have noticed a few general rules that people keep referencing. Was hoping to just combine them in a list, for example:

1) Target PG,PF,C against BOS
    2) Target C against LAL
    3) Target PG and SG against DEN
    4) Target C and PF against POR
    5) Target PG against ATL
    6) Target SF against CLE
    7) Everything against BKL
    8) Target SG against HOU
    9) Target SG against SAC
    10) Figute out the sneaky ones people are talking about

• gcchan

This is helpful.. thank you

• madmanjayWV

How did PICKING PG13 for the PACERS work out the other day
    #SEE NO. 6 ABOVE ^

• mwgdfs

@madmanjayWV said...

How did PICKING PG13 for the PACERS work out the other day
    #SEE NO. 6 ABOVE ^

soooooo hetty breaux

• jbhfootball

It’s PG (Point Guards) against CLE, not Paul George!!! lol!

• elementasrat

This list is actually missing a few sneaky ones that I’ve noticed over the past few weeks. I’ll keep it to myself and win some GPPs after the break :)

• cnpeyatt50

I would add SG against the Kings too. Been playing them all season.

• DirkDigglerz

I won’t share my secrets anymore in these forums people here can’t be trusted. You know who you are

• BenjiBenjamin123

Do you think these rules suitable for NBA 2k17 game? If you don’t know this game, information about it can find in this page: http://www.gamespedition.com/pc-games/sports-games/basketball-games/nba-2k17 Thanks a lot for answer, I’ll be waiting, bye, Ben!

• jbhfootball

I’ll share this! I thought Brooklyn wasn’t that bad lately and these figures prove it. Do your work!

Top team is Brooklyn. This is for last 30 days!

• pacerfan07

Has anyone ever tried to analyze the “shark” strategies. Since December I’ve been tracking NBA GPP winning lineups for various DK sharks. I was hoping to look for trends and learn their techniques. If anyone else has done this please feel free to share what you’ve picked up on. Here’s what I’ve learned:

Kobe4MVP – 10 NBA GPP wins from Dec 1, 2016 through Jan 26, 2017. This guy loves to stack his lineups with players who correlate to one another. For example, if Otto Porter is hitting the 3 ball, he’s hoping Wall is racking up the assists dishing it to him. Kobe4MVP has stacks in 9 out of his 10 winning lineups. He has two or more stacks in 8 out of his 10 winning lineups. He also likes to stack players whose opponent is on the second night of a back to back. And finally, he loves to stack players going up against the Knicks and Rockets regardless of what position they play.

Kingfi – 11 NBA GPP wins from Dec 5, 2016 through Jan 25, 2017. Kingfi also loves to stack. 100% of his 11 winning lineups had at least one stack. 10 out of 11 had at least two stacks. More importantly, he really loves to draft superstars when their price is the lowest it’s been in the past couple months. Consequently he’s drafting a lot of players going against Memphis, Dallas, and Utah. I guess the theory is superstars are going to get theirs no matter what. As an added bonus you get the superstar at low ownership levels and cheap prices. Many sharks seem to be using this strategy. It is boom or bust, but it can pay off, like when Westbrook had 83 points against Memphis while only setting you back 11.5K (much lower than he traditionally sells for on DK). Like most intelligent players he almost always uses a PG in the Guard slot. And he also uses a PG or C in the Utility slot.

Fallfromgrace – I hate this guy because he floods the $1 GPPs when he clearly has a great bankroll. In addition to the strategies mentioned above, this guy goes all in on every role player whenever a key starter is out. So if Marc Gasol is out, he’s not just going all in on Zack Randolph. He’ll have Randolph, Green, Conley, and Vince Carter all in the SAME lineups, then just build around them.

• elementasrat

@pacerfan07 said...

Has anyone ever tried to analyze the “shark” strategies. Since December I’ve been tracking NBA GPP winning lineups for various DK sharks. I was hoping to look for trends and learn their techniques. If anyone else has done this please feel free to share what you’ve picked up on. Here’s what I’ve learned:

Kobe4MVP – 10 NBA GPP wins from Dec 1, 2016 through Jan 26, 2017. This guy loves to stack his lineups with players who correlate to one another. For example, if Otto Porter is hitting the 3 ball, he’s hoping Wall is racking up the assists dishing it to him. Kobe4MVP has stacks in 9 out of his 10 winning lineups. He has two or more stacks in 8 out of his 10 winning lineups. He also likes to stack players whose opponent is on the second night of a back to back. And finally, he loves to stack players going up against the Knicks and Rockets regardless of what position they play.

Kingfi – 11 NBA GPP wins from Dec 5, 2016 through Jan 25, 2017. Kingfi also loves to stack. 100% of his 11 winning lineups had at least one stack. 10 out of 11 had at least two stacks. More importantly, he really loves to draft superstars when their price is the lowest it’s been in the past couple months. Consequently he’s drafting a lot of players going against Memphis, Dallas, and Utah. I guess the theory is superstars are going to get theirs no matter what. As an added bonus you get the superstar at low ownership levels and cheap prices. Many sharks seem to be using this strategy. It is boom or bust, but it can pay off, like when Westbrook had 83 points against Memphis while only setting you back 11.5K (much lower than he traditionally sells for on DK). Like most intelligent players he almost always uses a PG in the Guard slot. And he also uses a PG or C in the Utility slot.

Fallfromgrace – I hate this guy because he floods the $1 GPPs when he clearly has a great bankroll. In addition to the strategies mentioned above, this guy goes all in on every role player whenever a key starter is out. So if Marc Gasol is out, he’s not just going all in on Zack Randolph. He’ll have Randolph, Green, Conley, and Vince Carter all in the SAME lineups, then just build around them.

Wow great stuff, thank you!

I had thought about doing this but decided to just work on my own strategy which I feel is better than any other strategy people might be using.

• dandub9

When you say stack, do you define as 2 or more in a lineup or 3 or more?

• pacerfan07

@dandub9 said...

When you say stack, do you define as 2 or more in a lineup or 3 or more?

2 or more in a lineup. I didn’t see three or more very often unless it was FallFromGrace stacking a game with a superstar out. Kobe4mvp once used Durant, Curry, and Green in a winning lineup against Houston. He also used 4 Philly players against the Nuggets in another winning lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

Advertisement

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.