PGA FORUM

Comments

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking

Star studded field, strongest outside of the majors and the players. Decent contests, but DK could have gone a little bigger considering the field.

COURSE: Riviera Country Club, 7,322 yards, par 71. From the days when Douglas Fairbanks and Charlie Chaplin graced its fairways, Riviera has commanded its own star power since first opening its doors in 1927. Designer George Thomas pored over 15 possible layouts before settling on one that now features some of the TOUR’s most iconic holes. The par-3 sixth is famed for its bunker in the middle of the green, and No.10 is widely considered the best drivable par-4 in golf. The Los Angeles Open first arrived in 1929, and Ben Hogan’s three wins in an 18-month span – two L.A. Opens and the 1948 U.S. Open – earned Riviera the nickname “Hogan’s Alley.” This summer, the U.S. Amateur arrives for the first time.

Last years winner: Bubba Watson -14

Cut last year was even par.

• Garrincha67

I do like Golf game on DK from all the sports in the lobby. But they going out of their way to mess it up by not pricing the salaries properly in recent weeks. So will be interesting to see what they do for the Genesis Open that is filled with a lot of stars, they better not do a mess job with the salaries pricing again.

• staywoke

McGirt and Smylie (lawlz) are out. Feel like everyone is going to be on DJ this week. What terrible pricing are we going to anticipate this week? Adam Scott under 9K?

• cy1985

Playing the $333 this week on DK. Cashed 4 of my 5 dogleg entries this weekend. Time to play the you only live once lineup.

• BIF

@Garrincha67 said...

I do like Golf game on DK from all the sports in the lobby. But they going out of their way to mess it up by not pricing the salaries properly in recent weeks. So will be interesting to see what they do for the Genesis Open that is filled with a lot of stars, they better not do a mess job with the salaries pricing again.

There are definitely going to be a few bargains as they won’t put 10-12 guys at over 10K so I expect that there will be some perceived bargains in the low 9’s and high 8’s

I don’t get why the cheapest guys are more expensive now – used to be 5400-5600 and this week was 6400 !

• BIF

@cy1985 said...

Playing the $333 this week on DK. Cashed 4 of my 5 dogleg entries this weekend. Time to play the you only live once lineup.

Tough week for that in my opinion – going to need to guess right on who of the top guys to play – there are 10 names at the top that could all win.

I’m not going to play too many entries this week and I’m skipping the $333

I think I’ll pick 2-3 guys of the top salaries and just roll with them and see what happens. Maybe 15-25 lineups max.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    @BIF said...

There are definitely going to be a few bargains as they won’t put 10-12 guys at over 10K so I expect that there will be some perceived bargains in the low 9’s and high 8’s

I don’t get why the cheapest guys are more expensive now – used to be 5400-5600 and this week was 6400 !

Seems like they want to prevent people from being able to jam in 2 top guys. Was very difficult to feel good about a dj/spieth lineup last week….at least before the tournament started.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #21

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    @Garrincha67 said...

Wait, it’s actually a desired feature they “mess up the salaries.” Doesn’t that mean it will be more of a game of skill that way? Otherwise, if everyone was priced so efficiently, there would less edge. Also, golf is super high variance anyways so like 7k players can easily have a much better tournament than 9k players (the relative percentage is much bigger than say in the NBA).

• cy1985

@BIF said...

It makes it more interesting to figure out value though and harder to put a lineup together.

• BIF

@walkoff9 said...

Seems like they want to prevent people from being able to jam in 2 top guys. Was very difficult to feel good about a dj/spieth lineup last week….at least before the tournament started.

Yah unless you knew min priced (6400-6600) Duke, Percy, Taylor, Hughes, Oppenheim and Kraft were going to all top 10

I did have my shares of Duke and Percy but way too much O’Hair and Summerhays

• cy1985

@BIF said...

Yah unless you knew min priced (6400-6600) Duke, Percy, Taylor, Hughes, Oppenheim and Kraft were going to all top 10

I did have my shares of Duke and Percy but way too much O’Hair and Summerhays

Ken Duke is a thing again.

• MrSnuffleupagus

So many studs here this week !! DJ, Bubba, Hydeki, Adam Scott and hot Jordan Speith that would love to go back to back like his best Friend JT.

This course is long!!

• thetitanlb

Sergio and Molinari for the win fellas

• BIF

@cy1985 said...

Ken Duke is a thing again.

Not sure he is a thing but I loved him this past week – the guy is a mudder, he is a good wind player and has had to grind for everything in his career so 5.5 hours in crap weather is just another day at the office. Also you didn’t need to be a bomber this week so all those things pointed to Duke having an edge over the average player and possibly a good week.

I even threw his name out here on Tues-Wed.

• Kp24

Can’t wait to see my boy Brooks no looks Koepka pricing. If it’s less than 8k then I’ll be 150/150

• cy1985

@thetitanlb said...

Sergio and Molinari for the win fellas

Agree on Molinari. That guy always gives a good effort.

• cy1985

@BIF said...

Not sure he is a thing but I loved him this past week – the guy is a mudder, he is a good wind player and has had to grind for everything in his career so 5.5 hours in crap weather is just another day at the office. Also you didn’t need to be a bomber this week so all those things pointed to Duke having an edge over the average player and possibly a good week.

I even threw his name out here on Tues-Wed.

I didn’t read the thread much last week. Noted.

• thetitanlb

@Kp24 said...

Can’t wait to see my boy Brooks no looks Koepka pricing. If it’s less than 8k then I’ll be 150/150

Lol yeah but he won’t be

• Rachelynn51912

What does the MDF mean?.. Why were there so many guys last week who “MDF

• JSchoey

@Rachelynn51912 said...

What does the MDF mean?.. Why were there so many guys last week who “MDF”

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am pro and pro-am cut rules

After the first three rounds are completed, the cut rule kicks in, dropping the field to the top 60 pros and ties and the top 25 pro-am teams and ties which advance to Sunday’s final round at Pebble Beach Golf Links.

Professionals who finish anywhere from 61st-70th place earn a check and FedEx Cup points but do not get to play in the final round. It’s kind of like getting MDF’d when 78 or more players make the 36-hole cut at other PGA Tour events.

• duster10

@Rachelynn51912 said...

What does the MDF mean?.. Why were there so many guys last week who “MDF

It means Made Didn’t Finish. Meaning they made the cut, but didn’t finish the event. A normal cut of 70 and ties would have equated to too many golfers on the course. They played 4-somes yesterday and it still finished late in the afternoon.

• Jamcclea

OUT Kaufman
    W. Kim (bumped to 1st ALT)
    McGirt

IN (all via top 10s at Pebble) Kraft
    Oppenheim
    Percy

• noddy

@superstars92 said...

Wait, it’s actually a desired feature they “mess up the salaries.” Doesn’t that mean it will be more of a game of skill that way? Otherwise, if everyone was priced so efficiently, there would less edge. Also, golf is super high variance anyways so like 7k players can easily have a much better tournament than 9k players (the relative percentage is much bigger than say in the NBA).

Amen!!! I just laugh at people saying so and so is too cheap or whatever. Last week the first one mentioned was Laird. He didn’t play on Sunday due to MDF. The pricing has been awesome on DK. It leads to diversity. If the pricing was perfect like some people want everyone would have the same 2-3 cheap golfers. If the pricing is bad making it so easy just put together that winning lineup and take home all the monies!!!!

• timusbr

I want to +1 noddy and superstars92.

commenting about salary pricing is a topic that rolls along and thats a good thing for a chat forum.

if you got a problem with the pricing say who and why and where it should be. But that is a micro view of 1 golfer. BIF and one other are the only people that has taken a macro view of the pricing (all players).

• bigdaddies

Prayer service for this week will commence in one hour…….I will be leading the devotional……(highlighting my PIG win of course). Lets bow our heads

• SelfCharmer

So everyone complaining about pricing are going to forget that the “under-priced” mistake by DK last week Jim Furyk didn’t get to play on Sunday…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get a FREE 3-month subscription to our FanDuel Premium content (a ~$90 value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 3 months. That’s a ~$90 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

Sign up for FantasyDraft through one of our links and say you were referred by “GRINDERS” to receive a cashback bonus of 4% on all entry fees (up to $5,000) for 90 days after your first deposit. You’ll also receive a comped 3-month subscription to our FantasyDraft Premium content, an additional ~$90 value FREE!

Learn More
  • Draft

Create your account using Draft promo code “GRINDERS” and receive a free $3 Entry as well as TONS of exclusive Grinders-only perks.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.