Where: Pacific Palisades, CA

Course: Riviera CC | A par 71 playing at 7322 yards

Last Year’s Winner: John Bradley Holmes at -14

Last Year’s Cut: E

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | CBS

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• blue

Bubba!!!

• ifthethunder

OK! Last year:

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2019/genesis-open/leaderboard.html

And John Bradley Holmes is not doing too bad for a 37 year-old geezer, lately.
    ~

• cheezpizza

One of my favorite tournaments. Riviera is aesthetically pleasing to me.
    Hopefully my DFS lineup is also aesthetically pleasing.
    Is Bubba automatic?

• Dewoc19

JB is actually short for something!?!? I didn’t know those initials actually had full length names attached to them

• Steverino01

John Holmes

Now I know why he goes by JB.

• ifthethunder

@Dewoc19 said...

JB is actually short for something!?!? I didn’t know those initials actually had full length names attached to them

As a course history fan, I am obligated by contract to put him in at least one lineup.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/3d3d414f34677a4e32457a6333566d54/index.html
    ~

• cheezpizza

@ifthethunder said...

As a course history fan, I am obligated by contract to put him in at least one lineup.

~

Ill never roster Holmes. He got lucky that Thomas choked last year. He wasnt great himself.

• Dewoc19

@ifthethunder said...

~

There are certain golfers one must never resort to, JB Holmes is one of them, I have no idea how anybody could click his name. Cam Champ is another for me, played him in showdown today, his game is a hot mess if you ask me. You’d need a birdie fest with short rough and 100 yard wide fairways to roster the JB Holmes and Cam Champ of the PGA Tour

• BadAtBetting

@Dewoc19 said...

There are certain golfers one must never resort to, JB Holmes is one of them, I have no idea how anybody could click his name. Cam Champ is another for me, played him in showdown today, his game is a hot mess if you ask me. You’d need a birdie fest with short rough and 100 yard wide fairways to roster the JB Holmes and Cam Champ of the PGA Tour

It’s funny, because JB always seems to be good to me when I pick him. He has made me some money in the past. Making eagles and making cuts

• BIF

@BadAtBetting said...

It’s funny, because JB always seems to be good to me when I pick him. He has made me some money in the past. Making eagles and making cuts

Me too – I had plenty of JB here last year and have picked my spots well with him the past few years. a sure he is going to fall apart a few times for you or put up a big number but the upside is too big to ignore and he is rarely over 7% owned and often around 4.

He’ll be higher this week for sure based on his good form and course history

• BIF

@Dewoc19 said...

JB has made cuts here in 9 of last 10 years including 5 top 12’s or better with a Win
    In 2020, he is 4/4 made cuts and hasn’t finished worse than 30th with 3 Top 16 finishes

Sometimes you need to forget the one time or two times someone screwed your lineup because JB has made a lot of people a lot of money – you can’t play with scared money picking what you see as safe players then assume it’s all bad luck when your safe guy MCs (most players miss 30+% of cuts with many missing 50% or more) but you need to take some risk in your lineups and be willing to accept losing and then get back on the horse playing that same guy who screwed you the week or two before.

• BadAtBetting

@BIF said...

Me too – I had plenty of JB here last year and have picked my spots well with him the past few years. a sure he is going to fall apart a few times for you or put up a big number but the upside is too big to ignore and he is rarely over 7% owned and often around 4.

He’ll be higher this week for sure based on his good form and course history

Yup. Very interested in his price. Probably going to be pretty chalky if he doesn’t receive a drastic price increase.

• Ndepompei

@ifthethunder said...

~

Being a course history guy has been very profitable so far this year

• mitchsnyderdfw

@Dewoc19 said...

Holmes actually turned in a good score for last week.

JB scored 87 pts finishing in T14th. Compare that to Spieth who finished in T9 with 80.50 pts. Spieth had 2 extra finishing points.

You are going to get more wild swings with a guy like JB, but sometimes it will pay off with more DK points than guys that finish higher.

• ValuableTrader

My favorite kind of week, a TIGER week.

• astauty

@BIF said...

JB has made cuts here in 9 of last 10 years including 5 top 12’s or better with a Win
    In 2020, he is 4/4 made cuts and hasn’t finished worse than 30th with 3 Top 16 finishes

Sometimes you need to forget the one time or two times someone screwed your lineup because JB has made a lot of people a lot of money – you can’t play with scared money picking what you see as safe players then assume it’s all bad luck when your safe guy MCs (most players miss 30+% of cuts with many missing 50% or more) but you need to take some risk in your lineups and be willing to accept losing and then get back on the horse playing that same guy who screwed you the week or two before.

Lanto Griffen- played him 3x in a row- and got off him this past week.

• TrustinthePlan

You would think Tiger has to win one of these, right? I don’t believe he has won here before…I think I may have to roster him at least once.

• Jeddy3

Ugh Lanto made my blood boil seeing him do that this week!

• shadowchap1978

Well I’ve decided to go back to the Scott Stallings well this week on one or two…

• voodooman

Great advice from BIF above (as usual)

• Dewoc19

@astauty said...

Lanto Griffen- played him 3x in a row- and got off him this past week.

oh yeah i was riding the Lanto Griffin MC train hard to the tune of 50+% each week, hop off of him cause im tired of getting rodded out every week and he top 10s

• timgodd375

O/U price on Molinari this week: 7100

• BadAtBetting

@timgodd375 said...

O/U price on Molinari this week: 7100

Hopefully over so I have no temptation of clicking his name.

• HunkerToe

@Dewoc19 said...

I always thought it stood for Jose Barney

• HunkerToe

@ValuableTrader said...

My favorite kind of week, a TIGER week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler